FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » When do you confront a Moose?

Author Topic: When do you confront a Moose?
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Not during a board game, that's for sure. Maybe the next day.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Got a story, Pop? What's up?
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
If you give a Moose a Muffin...
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
And not over hummus. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
when your gun is loaded. [Wink]
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
When you're ready to break your diet!

Oh, wait, that's Mousse...

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
LJ, er Kat, er, whoever obviously doesn't remember trivial pursuit. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
when you have enough tranquilizer to fell an elephant? [Dont Know]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean board games at a Hatrack gathering?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
You confront a Moose at Rinaldi's Italian Deli in Los Angeles, on the afternoon of February 8th. Three Moose, actually.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we could confront a Moose and Squirrel at the San Diego zoo in April? Or something similar?

We decided to take a cruise for spring break would love to meet you all then.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Rinaldi's is not in Los Angeles.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing new, Lady Jane/kat/ElJay/Tom/BannaOj/OSC-fan/Whoever you are this time *wink*. Just referencing my KamaCon downfall, as Tick indicated. Such reminders help to keep me humble -- not an easy task. *wink again*

Saxy, it's close enough for someone who lives as far away as twink. Heck, it's close enough for someone who lives as close as I do. Everything between us and San Diego, plus south of Bakersfield and west of Palm Springs can pretty much count as L.A.

Jeniwren, since we're attending BobnDanaCon, a trip to San Diego so soon after may not be feasible. While we'd love to meet you, this may not end up being the year. Maybe saxon75 and Juliette will be down there full-time by then?

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

How far away are you from San Diego? There's time to plan, so we could rent a car and drive up.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

From downtown, assuming you're not driving through L.A. during rush hour, a bit over three hours. Maybe someone more central (*cough*Ladydoveorrivka*cough*) could host a Shinda, or we could give that Griffith Park thing another try?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
First you take squirrel hostage!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely, Dag.

It's the only way to get the Moose to part with the Upsidasium!

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
<Runs and hides>
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When do you confront a Moose
When you're absolutely certain that he can't destroy the negatives.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, we will have a new nephew to visit in San Diego by April.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

That's a very good point....
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you two met IRL?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

It'd be April 9th.... [Smile] I hate to confess that the one I really want to meet is Mooselet. And the matchmaker in me wants to introduce our Rainbow to him....
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Who are you talking to, Bob? Me and Mama? Yeah, we've met IRL. Even before we got engaged....
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, April 9th is my birthday! [Big Grin]

*consults calendar* Darn, April 9th is a Saturday.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

rivka, I don't know what the rules are for Saturdays for you, I'm sorry. Is there something we can work out? Drive up to you? I'd hate to miss getting to meet you, especially on your birthday!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Meet after sundown?
rivka
Member # 4859

I'd LOVE to have all of y'all (Meese and other locals included, natch!) drop by. [Smile] I'll even feed you. [Big Grin]

Or, as Bob suggested, there's always after Shabbos (not after sunset, after full dark). That's just after 8 pm that week . . .

I'm about to head offline, but I'll check this thread tomorrow night.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Oops...sorry, I meant full dark. I knew that. Of course, the offer of a meal at rivka's sounds pretty darned tempting. To me anyway.

Maybe you could do both! Go eat at rivka's sit around chatting until 8:00-ish, and then hit the town!

[ January 21, 2005, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

How far are you from San Diego? I'm thinking that after 8pm might be hard on Rainbow. We could drive up earlier. Especially if we fly in on Friday and get some time to settle in before hopping in a car to drive for an hour or more.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka! My birthday is April 8!

(sorry - didn't mean to burst in on all this . . . [Big Grin] )

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Saxy, it's close enough for someone who lives as far away as twink. Heck, it's close enough for someone who lives as close as I do. Everything between us and San Diego, plus south of Bakersfield and west of Palm Springs can pretty much count as L.A.
Pop, while I do find myself pointing out rather esoteric differences between different LA-area areas somewhat distressingly often, this one is actually a little important. See, the original owner of Rinaldi's sold the place to a Korean couple well before I started going there and subsequently started another deli with the same name. I'm not exactly sure where it is, but it may very well be in Los Angeles, and I didn't want there to be any confusion.

OK, yeah that's all true, but I was really just being a pain.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a long time since I've hosted a Shinda at Casa Sushi and I need to come out of hibernation.... I'd really love to meet jeniwren... :::continues to contemplate:::

I'll check my calendar and see what's on tap for the near future.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Oops...sorry, I meant full dark. I knew that.
It's ok, Bob. I blame the writers of The Frisco Kid. [Wink]

quote:
Maybe you could do both! Go eat at rivka's sit around chatting until 8:00-ish, and then hit the town!
[Big Grin] That's what we did the last time I had online people join me for Shabbos lunch -- but they didn't have kids.

quote:
I'm thinking that after 8pm might be hard on Rainbow.
*nod*
quote:
How far are you from San Diego?
Mapquest says just over 2 hours. I'd say that's about right in light traffic -- longer in heavy traffic. I have no idea what Saturday traffic is like . . . [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

Oh, and Shan, that's AWESOME!

*odd look* You're really not my separated-at-birth twin, right?

Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
I once saw an episode of "American's Funniest Home Videos" in which they showed footage of a bull moose stomping a man to death.

It was actually pretty gruesome.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, on second thought it might not have been "America's Funniest Home Videos".
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I was about to post that that didn't sound very funny. [Angst] [Eek!]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
When do you confront a Moose?

When you have Archie and Veronica with you. That was one tough Steroids intervention. Luckilly Jughead was there to break up the tension.

When your backed by a gang of Elk, two VFW members, a Rotarian, and three Water Buffaloes.

October 5th, 1989--when the era of Big Hair bands officially died. There was 25.8 tons of hair moose suddenly unemployed on that day.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read an article about the "Dineyfication" of animals. It was sort of a review of the movie about Treadwell, the guy who was eatn by a bear. It discussed how it is not "PC" to show animals as they are anymore, and how nature shows are being edited. We can see dead people in the streets of Baghdad, bodies of babies lined up after the tsunami, but it is not cool to show animals as they are in nature.
(bad synopsis of the article, but that was the main point, and the stomping moose made me think of it)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Um, bump?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.