FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blizzard! [Not dialup or MMORPGer friendly, sorry]

Author Topic: Blizzard! [Not dialup or MMORPGer friendly, sorry]
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, I'm at ground-zero. 26" of snow, 40-50 MPH winds, reported at 11AM. Still windy and snowy, and the street my car is parked on has about a foot of snow on it (hasn't been snowed since last night). Water froze fo a while yesterday, and the furnace conked out for this morning. Both are working now though!

Here are some photos from today: http://mikec.123mail.org/Blizzard!

Those in warmer climes, show your children these photos so they know what real snow looks like. [Smile]

-Bok

[ January 23, 2005, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle* I did, and my daughter was greatly relieved to know that no one was IN those cars.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was ganna be a thread about WoW.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
that last picture is why every town around here totally bans street parking as soon as snowfall hits two inches.... I would so hate to be one of those owners....
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
The one in front is mine [Smile]

We have no choice, my town is one of the most densely populated in the US, there isn't enough public parking, and most of the houses are 2/3 families with only one or two driveway spots.

We ARE in a parking ban, but that just means no one can park on the odd-numbered side of the street.

-Bok

[ January 23, 2005, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I could see the images with dial-up.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's a lot of snow! Where do you live?

(And, yeah, it takes a while to load on dial-up, but when you have dial-up, you get used to that, and do something else while you're waiting. [Smile] )

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
edit again: see other post for link [Smile]

Just some pictures I took out the window, the wind is ridiculous here. I might take more pictures when I'm forced to go outside for foodal reasons.

edit: forgot a letter.

[ January 23, 2005, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: MyrddinFyre ]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Fyre: forbidden to view images. [Frown]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yowza.

Myr, your pics come up "not authorized to view this page" -- but refreshing gets the picture each time. [Dont Know]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Refresh isn't working on this side, using IE.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

That cause when I edited I also moved the photos to a different album, so you probably clicked on them after I moved them and before I changed the link?

Glad you can see them now though [Smile]

edit: haha, now i cant see them. Weird. Go to the last three pictures in this album: http://community.webshots.com/album/199640646fYYddo/2

[ January 23, 2005, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: MyrddinFyre ]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Weird. I'm also using IE.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
The site is set up to block external linking. Depending on your setup, when you refresh it may think its like you copy/pasted the link, which is allowed.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Good to know. Does the album link work?
rivka
Member # 4859

Works great for me. [Smile]
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Cool [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bok....did you see this?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Ah, now that we have an album link, I can see... Webshots is obnoxious that way...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.