FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Liz, You Rock!

Author Topic: Liz, You Rock!
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I finally recieved your package Liz, it was lost in distribution and never quite made it to my mailbox, but now it's here!

I've popped in the cds and am starting to listen.

I just wanted to publicly express my thanks and let everyone who hadn't realized it know how awesome you are!

Now I'll just have to figure out something to send you back. I will, just give me some time.
[Smile]

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
She sure does. Liz is wonderful.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Liz does, in fact, rock.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You are so welcome!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I considered making my own thread, but I think this one is entirely appropriate. [Smile]

I got your package a couple days ago and though I haven't got a chance to listen to all of them, I'm really liking what I've heard so far.

Liz, you're the best!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm glad you all agree with me thus far, because if you didn't, I would have to put some major hurtage on you.

[Wink]

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just going to start this thread, actually. Over the last month, Liz sent us a couple really excellent CDs and two hard-to-find books by Sean Russell -- which, having recently finished, I am reluctantly forced to admit that I enjoyed a great deal.

I'm rather grateful.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yay, Tom!
Was your prediction correct, because I honestly forget. I am pretty sure you were right, though.

Edit: (I was afraid to ask. hee hee)

[ January 26, 2005, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I was wrong. And I was very glad to be wrong. [Smile] In fact, he completely dropped the whole "move like a fish through time" concept, something that I actually found rather refreshing.

I think things got a little "dense" in the second book, and wonder whether it should have been decompressed into a trilogy; it felt more rushed than the first volume. But overall, I thought the story was fairly good, and the characters strong.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I felt the final book of the new trilogy needed lengthening, as well, which is why I think it fell flat for me. He did too many pov changes for that length book.

When a friend gave me "The Initiate Brother," years ago, she neglected to inform me that it was a duology. I almost killed her, because it drops you practically in the middle of a sentence.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, duh. Liz has rocked, like, since the beginning.

*becomes a Lizhead

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Thankage, CT.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Liz

edited to add: Hey Liz, do you have any spare Donna The Buffalo CDs lying around? I'd love to have one. My email's in my profile. I was going to email you, but your email doesn't seem to be in your profile.

Thanks, and you do rock.

[ January 26, 2005, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
While I didn't get a CD, Liz has rocked from her Hatrack debut!
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
bump
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for Liz! She totally rocks.

I got to meet her!! *brags!*

I was listening to Barefoot Manner just yesterday! All the music Liz gave me makes homework go down much easier [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

If you guys want to hear some of the Ithaca music, there is a new stream from Funkyside.com:

http://funkyside.com/funkysidelive.cfm

Right now it is The Horse Flies. They are kind of like REM meets old time music.

oops, not Horse Flies. Boy with a Fish. More REM, less old time.

[ January 27, 2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.