FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Google Gets Even Better

Author Topic: Google Gets Even Better
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. The things you find when you peek into Google Labs (*thwaps anyone who so much as thinks of a dog related pun*). It's like having autocomplete from everybody's computers.

You might have to turn off zonealarm to use it correctly though (I did).

--j_k

[ January 31, 2005, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: James Tiberius Kirk ]

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, it actually had multiple suggestions for craptaculra [sic]
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice.
Wonder what will be next?

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Google buys Amazon and takes their impossible to replicate, incredibly complex and helpful customer rating system.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching a telecourse about the evolution of radio the other day, how it went from being prime time entertainment to a multitasking soundtrack.

I wonder what will happen to print. Personally, my tree-hugging instincts don't sympathize with the need to perpetuate newspapers.

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the only reason that we still have newspapers today is that they are rather permenant. Throughout the twentieth century, the newspaper became the tangible summary of a day's events. You can frame and hang a newspaper on the wall from the day that the Red Sox won the world series, when Armstrong first stepped on the moon, or even the day that World War II ended. Printing it up on the web just doesn't have the same effect.

Which leads to another interesting point. 20 years from now, it will be funny to see if these forums are still here and people can look back on them and see what people in the first few years of the twentieth century thought about isses...

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.