FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Qoutes, qoutes, and more qoutes

Author Topic: Qoutes, qoutes, and more qoutes
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, we all have a favorite qoute, be it from someone professional, or one of our friends. I was just wondering what some of yours are. Personally my favorite dumb quote comes from the 'princess' of pop, Britney Spears:

quote:
The thing i like most about my job is that I get to travel to lots of overseas places, like canada.
EDIT: i feel like a complete idiot, but i managed to mispell 'quote', so sorry. the worst part is i did i not once, not twice, but thrice. again, sorry.

[ February 04, 2005, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Peter ]

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
The world is not divided into good people and Death Eaters.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
In defense of Ms Spears... a lot of people misuse "overseas" to mean "foreign" and canada IS a foreign country.

Everyone knew what she meant. I don't think this is a sign that she's stupid, though she might be, I don't know anything about her other than she's a singer.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Pix, the few interviews I've seen of hers, she did not give much of an aura of intelligence. I got a general impression of not-stupid, but clueless. Like she's probably really smart in some areas because that's all she's been exposed to; that education took a decided backseat to career while she was growing up.

Much as she has been vaunted as the next Madonna, I don't see her as being nearly as intelligent as her predecessor.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I've heard rumors that she had a less than stellar intellect, but I don't think this quote is necessarily illustrative of it. That is, assuming she realizes "overseas" is just a figure of speech =)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, one has to love the irony of Peter's attack on Britney Spears for her mistake.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.