FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XXVII: A new leash on life (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XXVII: A new leash on life
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Puns about pets. Cats, dogs, goldfish, younger siblings...whatever doesn't rub you the wrong way. I figured this thread would make us all sit up and take notice. And maybe Elizabeth will stop begging.

Iguana go away now. I hope this thread has been vetted by our well-groomed hosts.

Sit.

Stay.

Post.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, look! An o-fish-al pun thread! Pawsome! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
The punners should turn out in spayeds for this one, Bob.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Oh, and Iams sorry Purina bad mood. Cat Chow cheer up? Alpo you a drink if that will help. You’re so much more fun when you’re feeling Friskies.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me paws to consider for a moment.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Know why the rabbit deejay had such small hands?

Wee paws for station identification. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I was play ball and my man's best friend hit a pop fly that got stuck on the woof. Doesn't he feel sheepish...
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh this isn't ferret all. I'm gonna need more time to consider what's available rather than parroting the normsl stuff.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I always order extra when I go to a nice restaurant because I love bringing home a doggy bag for later.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not trying collie favor, but I expect in this thread's spaniel see many fuzzy puns!
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

If you barbecued a donkey, would you be a kookaburra?
punwit
Member # 6388

You know, it's really tough to procure animals from shelters nowadays. The next door neighbor went to rescue a cat the other day and had to wait forever just to pay for all the boarding and adoption expenses. Apparently she was in the feline for over 2 hours.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

I hate in when the snow melts, because I'm sure to step in a poodle, and then I'm forced to hound my friends for a pair of clean, dry wool socks.
rivka
Member # 4859

With all the petty humor in this thread, everyone better be careful not to step in a poodle.

[Addit: Doggone! Beaten to the pooch!]

[ February 04, 2005, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

You've got to sharpen your claws if you want to get in before me!
punwit
Member # 6388

I understand that there are some rodents that are palatable. I've even had some pork stir fry that was delicious. I'm just not sure I could convince myself that ham-stir fry would be worth it.
rivka
Member # 4859

( >_< ewwwwwwwwww!)
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Wow punwit, my gag reflex was so strong when I read that, I thought I was coughing up a hairball. [Razz]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you paid gerbil with that one, punwit!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I hope to see Terry - er - Mr. Bradshaw at the Superbowl on Sunday.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

*considers the decorum of making a pun from the cockatoo bird*
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I don't think anyone would myna so much.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

How many people can post in a pun thread? i'm sure at least two can.
punwit
Member # 6388

I think I'll leave the cock a till later.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I hear that President Bush has authorized pets for the revitalized space program. When we return to the moon, finally, I expect they'll have a lunar rover along.
punwit
Member # 6388

Spot on, Bob!

[ February 04, 2005, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, it has been so cold lately! I lost muy scarf, and yesterday was a real chin chillah.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

You must have been feline that, Liz.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

*non-punnish aside: Am I the only person who's ever wanted to put a little gerbil in those plastic balls and then let a cat play with it?*
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yeah, I was.
And to top it off, I had some really bad fish at at a restaurant. Ew. I sure hope there is Beta fish tomorrow.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Retract that clause from this thread immediately, Dagonee!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Fashion is so weird. I heard someone is breeding a new fish that will be used to provide strapless support for ladies. Ze bra fish is all the rage in Germany.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, I know someone who is into taxidermy who already has a stuffed Ze-bra fish.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Did you here about the Renaissance painter who used a very strange medium to make his rep: tiles.

He was called El Gecko.

punwit
Member # 6388

I've got a friend that is quite literary. He disdains pets but absolutely loves original poetry books. If he is with a group that is discussing their pets and feels a bit left out he starts talking about several of his prize possesions. I'll bet I've heard him rave about his Pair o' Keats at least a dozen times.

[ February 04, 2005, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

I know someone thought he appreciated poetry because he kept his dogs up on a hill. I told him that's not what collie ridge means.
punwit
Member # 6388

[Laugh] collie ridge
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I was trying to come up with something for parakeet for 10 minutes and didn't think of Keats. Where's the thump yourself on the head smilie?
punwit
Member # 6388

[Wall Bash] I think this would work.

Edit to say that would work for the ten minutes but I think you meant an Ahaa smilie.

[ February 04, 2005, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

There were 9 friars whose cells were lettered A-I. They only had one meditation sphere which they shared. But they always kept the ball from Monk E in the middle.

[ February 04, 2005, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Yeah, Dag, they were cappuchins.
pseudo-hobbit
Member # 7269

- posted      Profile for pseudo-hobbit   Email pseudo-hobbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*non-punnish aside: Am I the only person who's ever wanted to put a little gerbil in those plastic balls and then let a cat play with it?*
I've always wanted to try that! Mice to know I'm not alone. Too bad my apartment leash doesn't allow cats.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Darn. I left two apples out on the counter too long. The pair rots as as I speak.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

My favorite character on Star Trek was that space elf on voyager. She had a great singing voice. I really liked to hear Kess trill.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Did you hear about the latest breakthrough in genetics? Mix equine genes with a canine pup and that Dagonee.

(OK, that was a long shot.)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this thread is so fur gone with puns, it's ruff trying not to foal over laughing.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I've got an Asian friend (Ho Ming) that loves to cook pork in the Hawaiian pit style. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase, "Ho Ming, pigs done"
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My cat is very aggressive, and is always batting our other cat with her paws, like a boxer. I get very annoyed by this, but my husband just says, "Aw, just litter box."

[ February 05, 2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, your problem is you have a mouse for a ref, and he's afraid to bell the cats and end the round.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only person who's ever wanted to put a little gerbil in those plastic balls and then let a cat play with it?

[ROFL] [ROFL]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.