FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What's for Lunch Today? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: What's for Lunch Today?
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Lunch for today. 2-14-05

Something sweet?

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
Tuna, steamed veggies, and maybe some breadsticks.
iced tea.

I predict a toasted sub in Dagonee's future, with dark chocolates to follow.

Bunbun

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, lucky Dag! [Smile]

For me...Smart Ones sweet and sour chicken, an apple, and one of those 100-calorie packs of oreo crisps.

We did v-day dinner last night, since we'll both be too busy to do anything tonight.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Hot Dogs! Hot Dogs! Hot Dogs!
3 for $1 at Shop and Save.
Plus I might get to deliver a valentine card to the deli girl!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if you would give her a Valentine today.

What if she rejects it? [Eek!]

FG

(I got a very very nice valentine BOOK from my best friend here at work (female friend) and it made me feel all better for not having any "romantic" friends).

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Plus I might get to deliver a valentine card to the deli girl!
I haven't followed your story with that girl for a while. What happened? Or are you trying to make it happen today? [Big Grin] If it's the latter I hope you don't get burned... I've been there... o_O

Edit: Wow, Farmgirl, that was fast!

[ February 14, 2005, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
CT - explain your remark about margarine - I don't get it.
Tofurkey = plant product made to look and taste sorta like an animal product [turkey].

Margarine = plant product made to look and taste sorta like an animal product [butter].

An off-the-cuff analogy, all storm and fury signifying nothing. [Smile]

----------------------------------------------------------------

(Good luck, Jay!)

----------------------------------------------------------------

For me, mint tea, beef boullion, a blueberry Glucerna meal bar, and an apple in the afternoon. I have decided to start eating as if I am diabetic, because I'm pretty sure that's what lies ahead -- per family history -- and I might as well get used to it.

Ballet at 5:30pm. Increasing exercise and lowering the glycemic load -- nice.

[ February 14, 2005, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I don't think I've ever considered mixing mint tea and beef boullion. For some reason, that doesn't really seem appealing, but I'm not really a tea drinker.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Now, now. A simple one-to-one ratio does nicely. [Wink]

(Seriously, if you like Earl Grey, you should try it with some chocolate mixed in. Fabulous!)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Huh, I *am* a tea drinker and I haven't heard of that! But hey, when your brother eats cheese with grapes you tend not to notice stuff like this anymore... [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Well, it was sort of more of just a friendly card. When I had asked her out a few weeks back she said she was dating someone at the time. But that she would keep me in mind if anything happened. Interesting.
So… I figured a nice card just to make her smile would be ok. Nothing overboard like a bunch of flowers or anything. Just a simple card to compliment her beautiful smile and thank her for her kindness. Cool?
So while I was waiting to order she was on the other side helping other customers. She had to come over to near where I was standing to get something, said hi and wished me a Happy Valentines Day. I told her Dittos and gave her the card. She was all for me and said thank you. So I guess that went well. Until Bubba gets wind that I gave his girl a card and runs me down with his truck one night while I’m out running…..

[ February 14, 2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Jay ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

It was a nice gesture from you...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
Until Bubba gets wind that I gave his girl a card and runs me down with his truck one night while I’m out running…..

[ROFL] [ROFL]

I'm glad it went well anyway! [Big Grin]

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm gonna go pick up some Subway for lunch today. Nothing at home sounds good. 6 inch on wheat - extra cheese, baby spinach, tomato, and mayo. Yes, that's what I like.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, I just had an Arby's southwest chicken wrap. It was pretty good... (tries to ignore boss' birthday cake sitting in our area for all to enjoy)...

Farmgirl

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Moosewood Organics frozen meal... Farfalle & Spinach Pesto Sauce. But not for awhile yet, since I am still full from my breakfast popovers.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I packed my own lunch today...just like in 2nd grade. I got a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, some doritos, and a moon pie. Mmmmm...moon pie.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 2-15-05
What to eat. I’m hungry already and forgot my apple that I usually bring for a snack.
Is it time to go home yet?

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 2-16-05

Today is great for lunch! It’s a free lunch! Yahoo. Now of course you say there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, true. I do have to sit though a presentation from an FBI guy about some new developments over at the local high tech consortium. Like I mind that! So…. If you enjoy the speech and would have listened anyway, does the free become truly free?

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 2-17-05

Oh what to eat. I think Thursday’s might be BLT day at the Shop and Save deli. Fun! Anyone like cheese on their BLT? Would that make it a BLTC with mayonnaise and mustard?

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I'm bumping Jay's lunch thread just because I'm hungry, it's almost lunch hour, and I can't decide what to have.

Thought maybe I'd scroll up and see if there were any good ideas.

Farmgirl

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 2-18-05
Friday lunch. Oh what to have. Pizza? Burger? Is it time to go home yet?

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

It's the Riverside Diner for me today! Yippee!

Lunch with a very close friend. It is like a breathe of fresh air in my week.

I'll probably go over the allowed hour......

[Big Grin]

[ February 18, 2005, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Don't you have that...like...every-other day, adam??

[Big Grin]

fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheeseburger "pizza" rolls and a Dannon yogurt that is apparently so new, it's not eve on their website. It's the light version of the la Creme stuff (which is awesome), and it is apple flavored. I have never had apple-flavored yogurt. My fingers are crossed.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I have never had apple-flavored yogurt."

*blink* Dannon has been making apple yogurt for longer than I've been alive. How have you managed to avoid it?

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

I live under a rock.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

[Frown] From this point forward, I will go back to avoiding apple yogurt. Blegh.
Megan
Member # 5290

Unfortunately, a less-than-stellar salad.

Ah, well, I have a dinner date with my hubby tonight. That should be an improvement.

[ February 18, 2005, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The cinnamon and green apple chunky kind is actually pretty good. I avoid non-chunky yogurt as much as possible.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Little Caesar's Crazy Bread and a plum. Crazy Bread isn't as good if it cools down. Next time, I'm just eating it in the car instead of driving home with it.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

Tom: It might have had something to do with the added fiber. I'll get back to you on that. [Smile]
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll go to The Field.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Chik-Fil-A: 8 piece nuggets, large waffle fries, grilled chicken salad with lite italian dressing and parmesan cheese from my fidge sprinkled on top, water to drink.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
One word: hummus. Okay, another word: pita. I could eat hummus with a spoon, but it's better with pita.
side note: cheese and fruit is a common combination, so cheese and grapes are not so bizarre. Come to think of it, I *have* cheese and grapes in the fridge...mmmm....

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, Had Corned Beef and Cabbage with Mashed Potatos. Started first with Guinness Beef and Barley soup. Dessert was Bread Pudding. Mmmmmmmmm, Bread Pudding good. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 2-21-05

Holiday lunch! Since I slept in and just got up I think I might have breakfast for lunch! Cool! Bacon Egg and Cheese Hot Pocket here I come!

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
From my IM window:

quote:

Ralph says:
For lunch I am thinking Chipotle.
Liza says:
Okay.
Ralph says:
And I am also thinking I will be heading back after we eat. Lots to do
Liza says:
Okay again.
Ralph says:
Thanks for being easy
Ralph says:
[Blushing]
Liza says:
Like a Sunday morning.
Ralph says:
[Smile]

We don't go to Chipotle every day, honest.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Lunch today is a salmi sandwhich I brought from home. I'm going to eat it at my desk and at 4pm I'm going to go to lunch and not come back.

My hubby has the day off and will likely play EQ2 all day. *grumble*

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Turkey and swiss sandwich, heavy on the mustard, and baked lays.

mmm, baked chips. [Smile]

jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Dunkin' Donuts and a Caramel Mocha Latte. Mmmm...I love holidays...
Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am having a panini from Andiamo, The Venice:

Prosciutto di Parma, fresh mozzarella, caramelized red onions, basil

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Today, well, I had cooked up some steak and veggies the other night. I used the leftover veggies and put them in some eggs I had and scrambled them up.
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 2-22-05
Back to work.
Work work work.
Guess that means Shop and Save Deli time! Fun! And it’s Tuesday! 3 Hot Dogs with everything for $1 is hard to beat!

So glad it’s only a four day work week…….

Megan
Member # 5290

Seriously! Raspberries to you pansies who got Monday off!

As for what's for lunch, I ...don't...know, but it's very likely going to be from the Subway that is in the ground floor of my gym.

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 2-23-05
What to do, what to do. Long run last night, so I'm pretty hungry today. Any ideas?

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
It's only 8:30 and I'm already thinking about lunch. I guess my yogurt for breakfast didn't do it for me.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

For me, today, it will have to be something quick, as I have to rush back to the School of Music to practice for my piano lesson...

Probably something from the Burger King in the student union. *sigh*

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 2-24-05
BLT day at Shop and Save deli! Fun!

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Today, not only am I eating lunch, but I'm having a gyro. Mmm...
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.