FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What's for Lunch Today? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: What's for Lunch Today?
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Lunch for today. 2-25-05

Based on the other thread SOTG is OUT!!
I think I might be heading to Books a Million for lunch. Not sure what they'll have good to eat at their coffee stand, but hey, some things are more important!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having lunch today with a guy I met on the internet [Big Grin]
(no, just friends)

Think we have chosen Delano Barbecue

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 2-28-05

Monday... ick. And it's looking like we’re going to get slammed here in WV today with the big snow fun. Big ick. So…. What to do for lunch in this mess.
Snow cones? Ice Cream Sandwiches? Popsicles? Slush puppies? Frozen Pizza?

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, this thread makes me realize that my culinary life is really quite dull and repetitious.

Ah, well.

Turkey sandwich for lunch...again.

Oh, and if any Bloomingtonians happen to be around this thread, has anyone tried that new burrito place by Best Buy? It's very interesting (burritos subway-style--make your own! whoo-hoo!).

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

No, if it were Chipotle, I don't think I'd eat there. [Smile] It's called Moe's. It seems to be a chain, but I've never heard of it before.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking fake grilled ham and cheese today: toast two slices of bread, slap on some ham and cheese, and microwave.

Although I do have leftovers of that totally yummy rice I made last night to go with our steaks... It was cooked with sauteed onion and rosemary. Mmmm. Maybe I'll have to find something to go with that.

*debates internally*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Eagle Street Grill for Eggplant Parmasain. Yummy.

Just 'cause I have to go to 7 Corners Hardware over lunch, and it's right next door.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I ended up compromising with myself: I dumped the rice in a bowl, tore up a few slices of my good deli-sliced honey-baked ham, tossed them together, covered, and microwaved. (Of course, I didn't get to eat it all myself; the baby insisted on "sharing". Meaning, she gets as much rice as she can eat in between my bites. She apparently likes rosemary, which is, I think, a love it or hate it kind of spice. Good for her; she'd have to learn to, otherwise, living with me!)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-1-05

Working from home today since everyone at work yesterday decided they wanted to cause of the snow. So…. Here I am. Not much in the fridge. Some hot pockets. Apples. Drinks. So I might go out and get a steak and cheese! Since the snow isn’t to bad.

His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
Same thing I have for lunch every day...
A tuna fish sandwich, some V8 and a yoghurt.

Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-2-05

Shop and Save 3 hot dogs for $1 day. Fun!

Megan
Member # 5290

Salad and vegetarian chili from Kiva (little salad and wrap place in the student union with very...odd...hours). [Smile]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Chicken curry.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-3-05

The appeal behind 3 Hot Dogs with everything for $1? Isn’t that a great deal? Most hot dog places are way more then that. At least around here. Seems to be a $1 for a dog. And the Shop and Save deli girl is just a plus. Might have to cut back on those visits here soon though since I have a date Saturday. Cool.

Today for lunch I’m hoping for the BLT special. They’ve missed having it the past couple of weeks. Fun!

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I can be good and just eat something at home, or I can be bad and get what I really want, which is a baby pizza from the pizza place 20 minutes away. What to do?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We just had salmon quesadillas (but I subbed dark chili powder for the pepper and used mexican blend cheese). Fantabulous.

[ March 03, 2005, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

arevoj
Member # 7347

- posted      Profile for arevoj   Email arevoj         Edit/Delete Post 
Late, late, late, I know, but I just caught this...

Megan, re: post on 2/28 - Moe's. We have them here now. Burritos, to quote a friend, "as big as your head". Art Vandalay is the vegetarian burrito - not bad. Also, a fairly good bargain for all the food you get...

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-4-05

TGIF Sweetness. Can’t wait to start this weekend. Have a first date tomorrow. Fun! We’re going to see The Pacifier. Sound like fun?

So for lunch I’m thinking Pizza to celebrate! Yahoo!

Oh yeah, 3 dogs for $1 is both. The price and they’re not bad. It’s pretty hard to mess up hot dogs!

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-7-05

Hope your date went as well as mine Adam!
Let’s see…. Lunch. Going down to the WV capitol today for pro life day at the legislature. So I’m going to get lunch with my delegate that I helped get elected. So who knows where we’ll go! Fun!

Megan
Member # 5290

Again, I must repeat (cause that seems to be a theme in my life), this thread lets me know that I am very consistent in my daily choices.

Turkey sandwich (and not a great one at that).

Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to severe acid reflux, today I will be eating a small hadful of grapes and a big mouthful of air.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Homemade tuna salad with roasted red peppers on Kavli Golden Rye crispbread. Slice of homemade apple pie and piece of Wisconsin Maple Leaf cheddar.

Glass of Yellowtail cabarnet/merlot blend on the side.

Yum!

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(poor Boris! [Frown] )
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

CT, I'm suddenly, desparately, hopelessly jealous of you.

[Grumble]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I'd share if you were here. [Kiss]

I've been eating as if I were pre-diabetic lately. (Given my family history, I'm sure it's in the cards.) It's easier to keep down the glycemic index than I thought, and given that our local employee-owned Woodman's is inexpensive (Kavli @ $1.69/box, Yellowtail @ $5.99/bottle), it is easy on the budget, too.

I've also been into the cooking lately. Roasting fresh peppers, making pie and lemon bars, etc. Minimal processed sugar, lots of fresh ingredients.

[ March 07, 2005, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Megan
Member # 5290

Aw, thanks! [Smile]

The last time I went to the doctor, they actually did test me to see if I was pre-diabetic, since I am obese and there's a strong family history of it. My sugar was ok, but that's when I decided it was time to start losing weight. It's going slowly, but it's going.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

There is also some evidence that just being on the catabolic (weight-losing, no matter what the rate) rather than anabolic (weight-gaining) side lessens many risks [unless you are already too thin. Too low a BMI means increased risks for all sorts of things, and so it is unhealthy, too].

Yay for both of us!

[ March 07, 2005, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Megan
Member # 5290

Yes; that's actually one of my two main reasons for losing weight. My father, who has been overweight most of his adult life, has had diabetes since about 30. I am, sadly, approaching 30, and have been overweight most of my adult life. So, I'm in the process of (literally) working my butt off. [Big Grin]

Which means I eat a lot of salads and turkey sandwiches for lunch. [Wink] Well, I also do that cause I'm in school and have zero time for food preparation.

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-8-05

Where did all this dang snow come from? It was nice last night went I went to bed. Raining a little. But then got up and don’t think I realized how much it really snowed until I was already heading out to work. Should have worked from home with all the nastiness out. So the cold and great weather have me pretty hungry. I’m thinking Chinese Lucky #`1 today. The sesame chicken Lunch Special with Pork fried rice and egg roll. Great….. now I’m making myself even more hungry.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, I made a pot roast in the crock pot the other night, and sort of forgot about it. It cooked all night. Hence, it came out like pulled pork. So, I tore it apart, dumped in a bottle of Dinosaur barbecue Sauce, and voila! Barbecued beef sandwiches for lunch.

Because I am on the Weight Watchers Core plan, and the beef was a loin roast, it is "free." I will use hamburger bun's and cheese for Steve's sandwiches, and Alvarado St sprouted wheat and flax bread(3 g of fiber, Megs!)for mine. Or maybe one slice of brad with some beef on top.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/Recipes/recipe_of_the_month_archives.htm

(I would move to Ithaca, New York for the music, and to Syracuse, New York for the Dinosaur)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I don't know what to have for lunch. I'm actually here for suggestions. [Wink]

Elizabeth, that sandwich sounds maaaah-velous. I think I need to make a potroast. Maybe for dinner tomorrow.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Megan, barbecue sauce is "free." I think. At least I decided it was today. I will check later.
Megan
Member # 5290

Cool. [Smile] I took your advice on declaring a few things free: apples are officially zero points for me.

In other news, I had an artichoke and mushroom sandwich for lunch today. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm having beef boullion, and, if that goes well, perhaps some soda crackers. [Frown]

I hurt all over.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a giant bowl of steamed brocolli tossed with crumbled bacon and gorgonzola cheese and roasted red pepper salsa.

For dessert I'm eating a sliced Pink Lady apple with cracked black pepper. Pink Ladies are my favorite winter/spring apple.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dana, my kids just discovered Pink Ladies, and they have been disappearing as fast as I buy them.

Megan, when I did WW successfully, I declared half and half and salad dressing free. There was a year when all fruit was free, so just go retro and declare all fruit free.

Megan
Member # 5290

Hmmm...maybe all fresh fruit but strawberries. If I declare them free, I might eat them by the metric ton.

Thanks for the advice! [Smile]

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Now if I can just find something glorious for the time between Honey Crisp and Pink Lady availibility. . .
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

No winter apple except for Granny Smiths are safe for me. Sad. I can eat fresh apples in the fall(the more sour ones), and Grannies in winter. That is it.

Megan, my sister in law taught me the salad dressing trick. I don't like salad much, and with fat free dressing? Forget it. So, in order me to fill up on healthy greens, I need my Ken's Italian. And stawberries would be fine, I bet, even if you eat a bunch. the way i figure it, think of what else you might be eating, like potato chips.

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-9-05

Have a meeting today with our NASA project lead and then he’s taking the team out to lunch at Muriale’s http://www.murialesrestaurant.com/ It’s the local Italian restaurant and is very good. So today is the best kind of lunch, Free!

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Today I did something I almost never do. I went out for a long lunch (between my morning office duties and afternoon teaching duties).

There's a café near school that makes a wonderful French onion soup, with floating hunks of bread dripping with melted cheese . . . mmmmmmm!

I had my Palm, with a just-downloaded fanfic, to keep me company. Although I should have chosen a different one for reading in public! [Eek!] [Embarrassed]

Was nice and relaxing. *happy sigh*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am having spinach salad with Gorgonzola cheese and good olives.
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-10-05

WVU-BC NOON today at the Big East Tournament so I think a few of us from work are going to go to the Sport’s Garden for an extended lunch! Fun.

Megan
Member # 5290

Artichoke and mushroom sandwich with provolone.

mmm-mmm good.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Megan, that sounds like a good panini idea.
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-11-05

TGIF... ahhh.... Glory days. Not feeling the greatest today though. I think I hung out with one to many sick friends or co workers who had that weird cold flu thingy. So is it feed a cold starve a fever or the other way around? I’m not sure and to just be safe, I feed them both just to be sure. So I guess I’ll need to drag myself out for something interesting for lunch. Need to get some energy so I can be ready to cheer on the Mountaineers tonight against Villanova in the Big East Tournament semi final round. I’m thinking some chunky soup. Yum!

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to a Thai buffet with my mom. It is always yummy.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-14-05

Cars in the shop today. Has a ball bearing going bad. So I’m working from home today. Looks like it’s boring hot pockets for lunch.

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Taking Megan to a late lunch at one of Atlanta's best chinese restaraunts, in my humble opinion.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
(because I'm postwhoring LOL)

teriyaki chicken breast, salad with Caesar dressing, and in about 20 minutes, PI!

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.