FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What's for Lunch Today? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: What's for Lunch Today?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
stuffed peppers (company cafeteria)
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

- posted      Profile for LilBee91           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have Mac and Cheese, providing I get up off my butt long enough to make it...
Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Lunch for today. 3-15-05

Got my car back this morning. $340. Ouch. Glad I just got my income tax return. So it might be a cheap lunch today. Guess it is Tuesday so maybe I’ll do the 3 dogs for $1 today. Fun.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-16-05

Chinese anyone?

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-17-05

Get to go to a free Muriale’s again today. My office mate went to Providence and the looser agreed to treat the winner of the WVU-Providence Big East Tournament match up to lunch. Fun.

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-18-05

No WVU games today, no free lunch, no specials. But at least it's TGIF!!!!! Might just get some dogs for lunch.

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-21-05

The girl I was dating told me, over the weekend, she didn’t want to go out anymore and doesn’t even seem to want to talk at all. So lunch isn’t looking to appetizing today. Maybe a couple of hot pockets.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Sorry to hear that Jay. But good that she is telling you up-front and in your face, instead of dragging you along for months or just giving lame excuses. Kind of like ripping off the band-aid, you have to do it short and quick, and it hurts like heck for a bit, but better than long, drawn-out and excrutiating..

I had to have that exact conversation with a guy just recently. He cried, and it made me feel very bad. But I still think I did the right thing.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-22-05

They stopped the 3 for $1 Hot Dogs at Shop & Save. The jerks….. Oh well. At least the deli girl is still there! Now if she would just get dumped too!

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-23-05

Chinese day? Maybe. One of our office mates is getting moved to another building across town so we’re trying to have lunches with him this week since we won’t see him much after the move.

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Today, lunch for me is a salad and veggie chili at Kiva. mmm. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am having lentil soup with a dollop of curry paste mixed in.

Edit for culinary confession: I love home made food, but my favorite lentil soup ever is Progresso.

[ March 23, 2005, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Lunch? We just finished breakfast. Emma has now had all the ingredients of pancakes, so we all had buttermilk pancakes. Abba even made them!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-24-05

Chinese day today! We wound up going to Burger Death yesterday after much debate. The committee on lunch happiness made this choice which turned out to be a pretty good lunch. But Paul has to get his Chinese fix in before he moves to the other office on Monday.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
A quick ceasar salad in between demands. Romaine lettuce, which I wash, dry off, and pre-shred and keep in a bag in the fridge, Brianna's Asiago Ceasar, a dash of salt, a sprinkling of T. Marzetti's large-cut cheese and garlic croutons, and a good couple of Tbsp. of pre-shredded Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago. Not the best ever, but not the worst, and it took me 45 seconds to make, and will give me enough fat, protein, and carbs to keep me going.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TapeGuy
Member # 7637

- posted      Profile for TapeGuy   Email TapeGuy         Edit/Delete Post 
Zero Point Weight Watchers Vegetable Soup and white bread.

[for my wife's benefit]

It's very yummy soup but it feels like I've just eaten 13 pounds of rice. 10 minutes later, I'm hungry again!

I've been trying to eat what she eats because I think it grates on her that I eat whatever I want and have been 190 pounds for many years!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Tape Guy, eat lunch with her, but go away afterwards and eat a Snickers. It'll help. Just make sure to thoroughly brush your teeth and dispose of the wrapper outside the house. [Wink]
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having saurkraut and...smoked sausage. *wails* This pregnancy is turning me into a meat eater, I swear. I actually had half a cheeseburger last week. That was the first time I'd eaten meat in three years. I wonder if it's that I need more protein (but I'm getting a lot) or just one of those weirdo cravings. I hope it goes away soon.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TapeGuy
Member # 7637

- posted      Profile for TapeGuy   Email TapeGuy         Edit/Delete Post 
ketchupqueen,

quote:
Tape Guy, eat lunch with her, but go away afterwards and eat a Snickers.
I'm walking over to the gas station in 5 minutes.

GOTTA HAVE MY CANDY!!! [Evil]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Hot Dogs are still cheap and Burger Death is the nick name a guy here at the office has given to Burger King. Silly huh?
Lunch for today is a good bye lunch for Paul as he is being moved to another office and won’t be around anymore really. Not sure where we’re going or how many of us will be joining in. But at least TGIF!!!

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-28-05

What to eat…. There’s a few big wigs running around the office today so it might not be a good idea to go anywhere. But then again lunch could be a good excuse to get out for a bit! I’m leaning to the hot pockets that have been in the freezer here at work for a while though since it’s raining so hard…..
Fun.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, TapeGuy. [Wave]

For lunch today, I'm having mint tea and (provided Mr. Tumnus is agreeable) egg salad with cracked black pepper on stone-ground sesame crackers. Plus a Pink Lady. (yay for pink ladies) Otherwise, there's a small serving of Butchie eggs in my future.

[ March 28, 2005, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-29-05

Chinese Day? Hot Dog Day? Hot Pocket Day? Decisions decisions decisions…….
But at lease I remembered some apples today to restock my afternoon snack in the fridge!

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I brought a lunchmeat & cheese sandwich. Trying to save some money by eating at my desk...

FG

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-30-05

Yeah, Burger Death is spreading! Cool. Now if we can all start cussing like they do on Battlestar Galacticia by saying Frack all my evil plans will be complete! But on to lunch. Yans (Hot Dogs) was closed yesterday so that might be a possibility for today. Plus it’s supposed to be in the mid 70’s today so a walk for lunch is a must! Not to mention a nice trail run after work and before church too. Fun. I love warmer weather.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"It's very yummy soup but it feels like I've just eaten 13 pounds of rice. 10 minutes later, I'm hungry again!"

TapeGuy, it is really sweet of you to go along with it. it helps so much! My son and husband ar on board with all the whole grains for the Core plan.

The soup is very good. T make it more filling, just add some chicken or rice or macaroni. I had it yesterday with fat free sour cream. it was, as they say in these parts, wicked good.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 3-31-05

Almost Friday. Can’t wait. Yesterday was hard to be at work with all the sun and warmth. What a great run after work. I’m not sure what I’m thinking for lunch. Hot Pockets are getting boring but I’d half like to get something a little healthy. Some BLT’s would be great. Wonder if they have them at the deli today? Maybe the deli girl broke up with her man and needs to get back with him. I seem to have a great knack for driving women back to their ex’s!

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 4-1-05

One of the guys from the other office is here today so I think we’re going to hit something here in town. Not quite sure if he’s after a sit down thing or fast food. He’s the guest so I guess it’ll be up to him. So…. Could be anything from a burger to a steak hoagie. Fun.

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 4-4-05

Might have to be a quick lunch today since I have a meeting that will make me leave work early today. Hot Pockets or Hot Dogs? Rumor has it the bakery quit selling doughnuts too…. That just stinks. What’s a guy to do when he’s hungry on a Monday morning?

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 4-5-05

Hot Pockets! Quick and easy. But then again it is supposed to get in the upper 70’s here today so a walk might be required. Fun!

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today. 4-6-05

The bakery here in town has started doing lunches. Got a menu today when I stopped in for a pastry. Prices are pretty good too. Today’s special is Cream Chicken & Biscuits for $3.50. Not bad. Tomorrow is Great Steak Sandwich for $3.95. Cool.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I usually bring a sacklunch or a frozen dinner from home, Adam. I could get McD for about 5 bucks, but BLECH! Anything else, I'm looking at 7 or more by the time I'm done (and many times I'm still hungry after that).

Today will be Hormel chili with shredded cheese and onions.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today: 4-7-05

Some dork overslept today and didn’t get to work till really late. Oops. Guess it’s a good thing it’s a flex time job. So I got to stop in on the drive in at Shop and Save and get a hot turkey sandwich with a side of mac and cheese. Yumm. Good stuff. Not to mention seeing the deli girl is always nice.

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today: 4-8-05

Yans Hot Dogs. Yum. Good stuff. Very hot today too….

arevoj
Member # 7347

- posted      Profile for arevoj   Email arevoj         Edit/Delete Post 
So far, chocolate chip cookies. (Nutrition at its finest! [Big Grin] )
Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
anything in the fridge.
Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Instant spring vegetable noodle soup, a pack of crackers and water. [Frown]
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Beef tenderloin salad

...and two Godiva chocolates

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet and sour chicken. Awwww yeah.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today: 4-11-05

It’s a boring Monday. Hot Pocket’s might work. Not sure how much I want to walk around today though. Dropped a fallen tree on my toe and busted it open so it’s a bit sore. Doesn’t help any that I’m relying on Advil so I can still run! Guess if I get a few more in the system before lunch…..

[ April 12, 2005, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Jay ]

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today: 4-12-05

Oh what to have. Working from home today since my car is in the shop getting brake work and tire work. So…. I guess it’s whatever is in the fridge. And this being the bachelor pad that it is that’s not much…..

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today: 4-13-05

Back to the grind today. They all got Chinese in the office yesterday and I missed out. Sounds like a winner for me for today.

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today: 4-14-05

Nothing

imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a free salad!! Woohoo! I love incompetence when it goes in my favor. Bummer for the guy who paid for my salad, though.
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what I'm having for lunch yet, but afterwards I'm having the piece of chocolate mousse cake my gf brought home for my birthday (Tuesday). I keep forgetting it's in the fridge, but darn it, today I am going to sit down and savor every bite!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Pizza with my padre. Score three points for free food!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today: 4-15-05

Tax Day! Mexican Today fun. We’re having a big meeting with the NASA managers today. So a few of us from the different buildings are getting together before hand to help make sure we can supply some hot air for the meeting too. Fun!

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I made a massive amount of tasty stir-fry last night, and brought sufficient leftovers for today's lunch... in theory, I won't be hungry by 3 PM like I am most work days.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today: 4-18-05

No clue. Waiting on a phone call from a buddy who is in town and see where they want to go. So could be anything today! Yum!

Jay
Member # 5786

Lunch for today: 4-19-05

Had breakfast kind of late today with my friend who is in from Florida. Of course she ordered too much, as usual, and expected me to eat some of hers. Women… So I’m not really very hungry. Might have to count that one as a brunch and skip lunch. So…. Bob Evans today!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.