FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon T-shirt ideas; other activities

Author Topic: WenchCon T-shirt ideas; other activities
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Spent some time on the phone with our saucy Head Wench, planning activites, and a few things came up that we thought we should all talk about.

Time is short, and I have been lazy. [Smile]
  • Do any of our excellent Photoshoppers want to chance a design for a WenchCon 2005 T-shirt design? Do any of our excellent Photoshoppers want to chance a design for a WenchCon 2005 T-shirt design?
    Proceeds, if any (last years T-shirt sales never amounted to enough for CafePress to bother writing a check, lol -- I had the mark-ups really low, and will keep them low) will go to defray the cost of the meeting room or to help those who run short of fundage, should the need arise. If none of that proves necessary and they actually send me money... when I wake up from my dead faint, I will put it away for next year.

Anyway, the T-shirt signing was fun last year, so I thought we might do it again.

Here's a link to last year's version:

http://wenchcon.nacrimosse.com/tshirt.php
  • Also, does anybody know a good place to rent a karaoke machine? I seem to be fresh out of acquaintances who would allow me the use of theirs (truth is, I only know one person who has one, and I don't know them well enough to ask). Bring your favorite karaoke trcks, just in case!

Rent-A-Center? Any suggestions?
  • The plan for Friday night is a slumber-party theme. We're going to watch all the LotR movies, anyway, so we thought an all-nighter might be fun. People can watch or not, as they see fit. Jenny G and I are planning to braid each other's hair, do nails and facials or whatever as we watch the movies. Good ol' girly play time we haven't indulged in since our tweens. Boys will only have thir nails painted or make-up applied if they consent. Or happen to fall asleep.
  • Tarot readings given upon request by our own lurvely Mystic Wich and Herbalist, Jenny Gardener. I'll bring mine, too, but I suck. [Big Grin]
  • Costume play will also be big on the agenda for Saturday. We will have extra costumes and costuming accessories, but bring anything you want. We will stage some photo/ops, too. So if anyone has backdrop ideas, lemme know.
  • Saturday evening, we will play freak the normals, by going out somewhere in costume or full-blown Wench attire. I am bringing extra Sexy Boots, for those size 7 1/2 to 9 who lack them. Have not decided what the male eqivalent of Wench Attire should be, but I personally think it should involve eyeliner. Perhaps it will not be an issue, as there do not seem to be as many fellas attending this year.
Still open for suggestions for activities, and still uncertain about the probable end time on Sunday. Depends on when people will be leaving, and I don't have that info yet.

Of course, we'll have LotR Risk, LotR chess, puzzles and so forth available at all times.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like it if we did another book exchange. I have to go to work but will try to give some input later, Olivia. I can log on at night, because now I have broadband at home, for the first time since Jan. 2004! I am so psyched! [The Wave]

*burns library card to protest miserable 3-hour time limit*

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Since3 LadyDay's image was the only one from last year not to have a date, I have expanded that cafe press shop.

Let me know if you have any other things you'd like added to the store. I really need a skilled person to help me design buttons or something.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/members/products/preview.aspx?s=wcladyday.0

[ February 08, 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be up to doing a t-shirt design again, and can help you with buttons and such.

When's your deadline?

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the male version of wench attire should be pirate attire-- you know, tight breeches with a vest, boots, and no shirt... [Evil]

(I hope my husband doesn't see this post.)

Rent-a-center or a music or electronics store are all I can think of as far as karaoke rentals. I think I have a tea leaf reading book somewhere, if anyone wants to use that (but I'd have to find it).

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and my mother-in-law has a buttonmaker. If someone designs a circle picture in the right size, I can probably talk her into letting me make complimentary buttons for everyone.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone also needs to remember to bring a bathing suit, as there is a hot tub.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I bringing my giant bag o' fencing gear?

I can get my hands on three masks, five jackets, four pairs of knickers, three plastrons, six foils, four gloves...enough for teaching a class and a minitourney or summin.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I am concerned, we can just stick with LadyDay's design - it was a great design. [Smile]

JaneX and I already decided we want those t-shirts. [Big Grin]

[ February 08, 2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Fencing sounds fun, I don't know if I'd be able to participate, but I'd love to watch!!!
Olivetta
Member # 6456

It was fun last year, whether watching or fencing. Though I fear we shall all dearly miss Ken and Becky. [Frown] *sniffle*

The hot tub isn't one of those circular, hoochi-coochi thingies. It's like a warm wading pool, plenty large for a bunch of folks.

Must pack swimsuit this year...

Amka- the only deadline is that I'd like to have it available for sale so that folks can get them before they leave. So there can be a T-shirt signing, or whatever.

KQ- that would be cool, but I don't want to put you out. Plus, I can order the buttons in bulk from Cafe Press, if someone wants to design a circular image. I'm not sure what the point of the buttons would be, though, unless it was a name-tag sort of thing, or with a slogan of some kind on it. I can't remember what I was thinking yesterday when I suggested buttons...

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, it wouldn't put me out at all; my m-i-l orders the stuff in bulk and makes them for the elementary school each year, I'm sure she'd let me do it for less than 30 people! The point, I guess, would be to have a keepsake that didn't cost us anything, that is small enough we could put it on a bag, etc. The nametag idea is a good one, too. I do calligraphy, if someone would design the button, I'll write the names on and make them. (It's really not putting me out, I need projects to keep me busy; it's a long time till DallasCon, and I'm almost done with Katie's dress.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Of course, if no one wants them, I will let it go.
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Must pack swimsuit this year...
[ROFL]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd stab people with them.

Olivia, should I provide evidence as to why people must remember to pack swimsuits?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Evidence? Like what? Graphic photos?
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Exacty.

Not of me.

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
This WenchCon sounds like it's shaping up to be more like the first WenchCon, the one I was so upset about missing. [Smile]

A sleepover! Girly stuff! - I don't think I've done anything like that since I was in middle school. It sounds like so much fun! [Big Grin]

*bounces excitedly*

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

*pictures Jane bouncing*

[Angst]

[Evil Laugh]

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think the male version of wench attire should be pirate attire-- you know, tight breeches with a vest, boots, and no shirt...
What on earth would be the point of pirate attire with no poofy-sleeved shirt? [Dont Know]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The point would be bare-chested guys. [Evil]

Hopefully all sweaty from climbing the rigging.

With swords. [Big Grin]

[ February 10, 2005, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

dkw
Member # 3264

Yeah, but . . . no poofy sleeves?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Quote from my husband, who just watched me post that: "So remind me again why I'm letting you go to WenchCon?" [ROFL] )
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay, how about poofy-sleeved shirts optional, but with long, long open slits in the front. [Big Grin]
dkw
Member # 3264

Okay. [Big Grin]
mackillian
Member # 586

I can sail and fence. Can I be a pirate?
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
(Quote from my husband, who just watched me post that: "So remind me again why I'm letting you go to WenchCon?" )
"...letting you..."? [Razz] [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, it's mostly his money. [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Plus, he's going to have to cook for himself for 4 days. That's not a pretty thought...

[ February 11, 2005, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Olivetta
Member # 6456

ooo, How about eyeliner and beads in their beards? That can stagger around going, "Where's the rum?"

Or not. *giggle* That look probably only works for Johnny Depp.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
it might work for frisco [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Especially without the shirt...
Olivetta
Member # 6456

KQ, I'm beginning to really like you...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I like you, too, Olivia. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.