FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mabus Does Missions

Author Topic: Mabus Does Missions
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right....mission work lies ahead. (If you don't find that vaguely disturbing, check your Nostradamus, or buy some episodes of First Wave on DVD.)

Actually, I won't be going anywhere. I've signed up as an online teacher for the World Bible School; it's one of my church's more successful ministries. I have my introductory materials, and we'll see where it goes from here.

Oh, and this means I'll have to check my e-mail on a regular basis now....

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds interesting, Mabus!

So what kinds of things will you 'online teach'? Who are your students?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

Hmmm...I thought this would generate more interest. Maybe I really have been away too long.

Farmgirl, the WBS is basically Scriptural studies. It will be a little while before students are assigned to me, but they will be people (probably in developing countries) who have expressed interest in the churches of Christ. There's not a lot that can be done directly over the internet about other concerns, although if I should hear about anything I can do to help (send money, etc.) I'll do it.

[ February 09, 2005, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Mabus ]

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's pretty cool acutally. I don't know much about it, but I"m sure it'll be really rewarding and great for those you help.

I loved doing religious work because I learned so much about the actual scriptures and doctrine. I felt like my work was more beneficial for *me* than any of the folks that I was supposedly helping. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I know your evil plans Mabus! I will stop the Second Wave!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, religious work... good, much better than my initial image...
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

Telperion, I was actually thinking more along the "antichrist" end of things than the "alien" end, but hey...whatever floats your boat. I'll be sure to use your town as my invasion beachhead. ;-)

Otherwise...
It seems that a sizable number of WBS's contacts are what might be called "proto-restorationists". They don't believe their local churches are in line with Scriptural teaching, but they don't know what to do about it. In theory, some might eventually start movements of their own, but many of them live in authoritarian regions where such things are suspect, as "cults".

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.