FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Where did you meet your significant other? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where did you meet your significant other?
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really curious how people found the great loves of their lives. It doesn't have to be your current significant other. You can talk about your former boyfriends or girlfriends if you like.

What brought this on? I just realized that out of the last five people I've dated, two of them were coworkers and three of them were my classmates. Clearly I need to meet more people beyond my usual circle. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
You asked. I'll take any excuse to post this. [Big Grin]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

*whines*

But Dags, I've read that already. [Smile]

OK, it is just as cute the third time around. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EarlNMeyer-Flask
Member # 1546

- posted      Profile for EarlNMeyer-Flask           Edit/Delete Post 
I found her attached to my wrist when I was 14.
Posts: 338 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
So this is what is in explicit emails:
quote:
"Hey. I'd like to talk to you. Can I call you sometime?"
Work stuff. [Razz]

I met the man in the institute of religion lounge. The only thing he found attractive about me at first was that I was playing chess.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It is, isn't it? [Big Grin]

Jenni and I met, of all places, working together at Cracker Barrel, in Holyoke, MA.

I was a PAR 4 server/trainer and she was a part-time hostess.

Kinda funny, as I had always had a thing for keeping my work and my personal life (as far as dating, anyway) separate.

[ February 17, 2005, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Tony and I were introduced by a high school friend of mine.

Said friend knew Tony because she was at the time involved in a three-way relationship (herself, her girlfriend and the boy) with her ex-high school rowing coach, who was also Tony's rowing friend.

True story.

We tend to stick with "introduced by a mutual friend" when asked.

But we hit it off that night and a week later were inseperable. My friend rang the next day sounding slightly miffed: "I knew you'd get along, but I didn't expect you to get along that well!"

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I met Raia in class and we became friends as the year progressed (we had a whole lot of mutual friends but hadn't really had much contact previously). There was a whole lot of Snafu around prom time. I got asked to prom by a girl who had a boyfriend becuase her boyfriend wouldn't be in town, and it was her senior prom and she needed someone to go with. Raia was going with our group with out a date. Then things changed and the other girls boyfriend was going to be in town for prom after all, so I convinced her to go with him instead (yes it did take a little convincing [Dont Know] , I 'm not sure he really wanted to go [Big Grin] ). Then when prom rolled around and I got a chance I offered to be Raia's 'date'. We had an awesome time that night, at one point we sat on a swing bench quoting Monty Python back forth to each other for an hour straight and laughing hysterically. We must have gone through the entirety of Holy Grail and much of Life of Brian, much to the horror of some of our friends. By the next weekend we were going out, and have been going out ever since [Smile]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Icarus and Cor planned a trip to New Jersey, invited anyone who could to join them in Atlantic City, and I was among those folks who ventured out.

It was primarily GreNMEtics, plus my sister and a friend, and I met Strider. We hung out, stayed near each other, hit it off in that "shy, quiet, I like you but I don't know what to say" kind of way, then parted ways.

But we started IMing (we knew each other, also, from the Matrix Mafia game that had been on GreNME right before that - i was his Godfather!) and just...talked a lot. And i remember he went away for a weekend (we'd only been talking a little) and he wrote me an email letting me know he wouldn't be online. I thought that was so considerate and so unbelievably sweet.

Then we were talking one night, maybe two weeks later, and he bites the bullet and says he digs me.

And almost two years later, we're living together, have five ferrets and two cats, and couldn't be happier [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[The Wave]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Here. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I came along with my best friend, his cousin, to visit him on a road trip. I met him at his front door. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a little more depressing than most, but my wife and I met at my brother's funeral. She had become friends with my family while I was living across the country, so while I had never met her, she still felt close enough to the family as a whole to attend. She later became my best friend's stalking victim, then my sister's roommate, then my fiancée, then my wife [Smile]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Pweb
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Just shows that some good came of it, Geoff...not trying to be insensitive, or boorish by saying that either. It just goes to show you, you never know when it will happen.

I avoided my wife, who had a very obvious crush on me, for almost a year because she reminded me of someone....adn I remember wondering if I should, because I wasn't sure I was ready to date.

I guess I was. [Big Grin]

I remember talking to you when I first came here to Hatrack, and you telling us about her, a little bit.

I didn't know anything about your brother, though. [Frown]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
ldsfriends.org. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is cool when your significant other already has a great rapport with your family.

By the time I returned home from the Philippines (and had no clue that Porter wanted to marry me) my whole family was rooting for him. I remember hearing later that my Dad asked his advice on whether or not he should give me one of their vehicles to use at college. I think the implied question was, "Do you have a car that you could use to drive my daughter around?"

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Beren, I think you have enough proof that it can happen anywhere, any time. [Big Grin]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[Smile]

That's cool.

whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
In a nut shell. We met at church. He and another guy were asked to come be a witness because there was a couple that was making out in a classroom. It was my sister and her boyfriend. I laughed and we started talking.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

quote:
Beren, I think you have enough proof that it can happen anywhere, any time.
This is going to save me a ton of money on bar tabs. [Smile]

Keep the Meet Cutes coming. Annie will come in and hand out prizes. [Wink]

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
We first met in the dinner line at the Deseret Towers cafeteria at BYU. She turned around and asked me if I would like to have dinner with her. That was in fall 1995.

We next met at the staff recruitment meeting for the Aspen Grove family camp up on Mt. Timpanogos just above Sundance. That was in early 1996. I ended up starting work there a month before she did, and I anxiously awaited her arrival. We were an item all summer.

In February 1999 we met again, this time at her front door. She opened the door and my heart melted. We got married about a year later.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew and I met when I took his summer class.

Yes, I got an A, but I earned it and he didn't ask me out until my grade was in and I was no longer enrolled at that college (I took summer classes there b/c it was much, much cheaper and the credits transferred).

Still, we keep that on the DL in the academic world.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Over the internet.

I downloaded a program of his on 3 June 2003 and had problems using it. I posted questions at his website (6 June 2003), he responded. I still had problems, I posted more questions on his forums (14 June 2003), he responded with the offer to help me personally. Then we started chatting as he helped me figure stuff out.

I left Canada 12 August 2003, where we met for the first time in person on 15 August 2003 at about 1:45am, kissed at the airport until we were told to get out of the way, and were married 8 hours later.

Hmm. A little more than you were looking for, but there it is. [Big Grin]

[ February 18, 2005, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: quidscribis ]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
That is such a romantic story, quid. A little nuts, but romantic. [Kiss]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

"Hmm. A little more than you were looking for, but there it is."

No no no. I WANT details, especially when the story is so awesome. [Smile]

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
We were in the same freshman ward at BYU. Sounds typical, but there's a twist. He dated one of my friends for the whole year, while I dated another boy in the ward. We were both rather exclusive and serious in our prospective relationships. However, when he was gone on his mission, she got married. And my boy came home this summer and met a girl from his hometown. They got married over Christmas break. Crazy old world. I've been dating Paul now for 5 months (to the day, even [Smile] go figure), and it's been wonderful.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
um, nowhere.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
dag,

[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That is such a romantic story, quid. A little nuts, but romantic.
Um, yeah, it was a little nuts. I fully admit that. However, I also add that both hubby and I are a little nuts, so it suits. [Big Grin]

And Dag, yeah, that was really really cute. Glad you posted it. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
nerdfest 2004
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I met my husband at a party my senior year of college. He came in wearing jeans with hole in the knees, with long underwear poking through, and I lost my heart.
This was before cut jeans with pretend long underwear poking through was in fashion. He still takes credit for that fashion.
Basically, I asked him his sign, commandeered a ride home, and then asked if he wanted to see my room. I was very subtle.

Edit: It is estimated that 60% of students at my college marry alumni of the college. Kinda scary, that.

[ February 18, 2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I met my hubby 17 years ago at Roy Roger's. I was the drive-thru girl and he worked down the street and ate there almost every day. I hid behind the fry station while another girl told him I thought he was cute. He came back that night and asked me out. He took me to see "Rocky Horror". I was so impressed because he was in college and I was just a high school senior. It only took me 14 years to get him down the aisle! Now we're happily married with our 4 month old daughter. [Big Grin]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to say that Diane and I met in Kevorkian's front yard.

But that's not quite true. We met a day or two before that.

We met when I was the first person to show up for NDY's first protest action. When she rolled up, I asked her if there was anything I could do to help. I ended up selling tshirts.

For some reason, that impressed her. [Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Bar tabs, Beren? I'm shocked!

Of course, this would include bars with pool tables, no?

[Razz]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, let's see. My husband Paul and I actually met in an IRC channel [Blushing] #sinfest on the Sorcery server, to be specific. He noticed me because, unlike all the other females in the room, I wasn't attention-whoring around, I just said "Hi" when he came in the room and then went quiet. He PMed me and said "Hey, you awake?" We started talking, before I knew it we were talking for a couple of hours every day, and a few months later I flew up to Wisconsin at my semester break to meet him (I know, I know, immensely stupid in retrospect. But I had a cloth bag full of marbles in my luggage so I could whack him if I needed to). A few months after that, he was no longer happy with his living situation there, so he came down to Indiana to live with me. That was in June 2001, and while we've had our share of rough times, we're doing great now.

My other sweetie, Brian, I met on Emode, which I believe is now known as Tickle. That was back in October of 2003; I don't remember if his profile showed up in my "recommended matches" folder or if he messaged me first, but I clicked on his profile name and was rewarded with a photo of a jaw-droppingly gorgeous man and a profile saying "polyamorous computer geek seeking same." [Big Grin] After some chatting, he and his girlfriend came down and had dinner with me and my husband, he and I hit it off really well, and we've been dating ever since.

My other "significant other" I'm not sure if I should call her such, as our relationship isn't really romantic or sexual in nature. I met her in the summer of 2004, at my knitting group. She came into the cafe on a Sunday afternoon when almost no one else had shown up besides me, and we ended up chatting away for three straight hours while we sipped coffee and knitted. We had tons in common and liked each other right away. She was currently in the process of leaving a very unhappy relationship, and while the thought entered my mind that I'd love for her and Paul to get together, I didn't want to push her into anything she wasn't ready for. A few months later, though, they ended up "hooking up" on their own, which made me super happy [Smile] They've been dating since October, and recent circumstances have led to her moving in with us for a few months. This was not in the plan, we were planning on doing this after a year or two if things continue to go well, but she ran into some bad luck and needed a place to stay for a while, so here she is. Though the situation isn't quite ideal (our place is just a tad too small to give everyone their own space), we're making the best of it, and though I know she's not happy with her employment situation, I'm selfishly enjoying having her around and I'll be sorry when she eventually does move to her own place. So even though she and I aren't really "significant others" according to its traditionally understood meaning, we're very dear friends who share a husband, so I figure it qualifies.

Wow, that was long. I guess these explanations can get complicated with poly relationships [Smile]

[ February 18, 2005, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Stray ]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I met my husband in the Estate of Unrest in Everquest. Do I win for "Most Geeky"?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Cute awards, eh? That's tough. So far, Quid gets one, but then again, I've always liked that story.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really surprised that beverly didn't post it, but here's the whole story for those who are interested.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Do I win for "Most Geeky"?

Only if you married him on Everquest before meeting him in person.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom: He was a woman in Everquest. While I support same sex marriage, I don't practice it.

So No. I guess I lose ::sniff::

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were assigned seats next to each other in sophomore English. I recall being very upset because I hadn't been seated near anyone I knew, and instead was next to this boy I'd never seen before. Of course, then I'd learned that he'd fallen down a mountain with my brother the summer before on a bike trip, which made for a bond. We went out that summer, but it didn't work. We started going out seriously the next May, and have been going out ever since. It'll be two years this May.

For our first Christmas he gave me a Tai Chi sword, how great is that?

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"He was a woman in Everquest."

Okay, so maybe HE can win "most geeky." [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
In high school. My junior year, her sophomore. My best friend was interested in her best friend so we all hung together. Teres was with a guy that wasn't treating her very well -- ignoring her, that sort of thing, even though he plainly liked her -- so we started spending time with her to make him jealous.
It worked. he broke up with her. However, by this time she realized she was having more fun hanging around us then she was with him, so as soon as she told me he broke up with her I asked her to go with me, and she said yes.

Let's see, that'll be... 23 years ago March 17.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
At church. We were both greeters. We greeted each other. And God saw that it was good. [Wink]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Israel.

I was a grad student, and he had taken a trip to Israel to reward himself after finishing his PhD. We met through a mutual acquaintance at the university campus, dated for the 8 weeks he was in Israel, and eventually decided we wanted to be together.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I may have the steal the "geekiest" prize from you, Pixiest. I met my husband in a MUD (which is like an all-text everquest, for those of you who aren't familiar with the concept). We did, in fact, get mud-married before we met IRL. We talked for about 2 or 3 months, at which point he asked to come down to Atlanta to meet me. He met me and my parents (who absolutely insisted that he stay with them...so that they could "keep an eye" on him) at the same time (poor guy).

It may be cliche, but it was love at first sight. He actually asked me to marry him that night. (I will say, though, that while I didn't say no, I didn't say yes, either--it was more along the lines of, "Hey, thanks...but why don't we get to know each other in person a bit better first?")

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Hmmm... my RL name is Megan... And we both got married to guys we met on MUDs (EQ is nothing but a graphical MUD).

The world is a strange place.

John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

- posted      Profile for John Van Pelt   Email John Van Pelt         Edit/Delete Post 
Sharpie and I met on ISC (Internet Scrabble Club) in early 2002. ISC is a graphical interface for online Scrabble, and includes a chat interface for players and kibbitzers. Her handle was Marsh, and her profile gave away no personal information, so it was many months before I even knew her gender -- I knew a guy at my local scrabble club named Marshall, and for some reason this influenced me to lean toward believing she was male.

Mostly we just played, and found our competitive level very similar. Increasingly, our chat went beyond pleasantries to good-natured jibes, wordplay, and banter. Marsh often made me laugh, and responded to me wonderfully. Quickly Marsh was my favorite opponent and we would encounter each other almost daily.

It is not insignificant to me that I had already formed a very strong sense of compatibility, liking, and respect before knowing her gender. This is but one aspect of this age of online relationships.

Leaving out a few major details which will have to wait their turn to see the light of Hatrack -- we first met in person at a Scrabble tournament, more than a year after first meeting online ... even then, I told myself I was mostly interested in putting a face to a name (I was very distracted by personal stresses at the time) but afterwards it was clear that our brief hello and hug had been inadequate. I wanted to know this woman better!

The 450 miles between us is only one of the obstacles we've faced, but to cut a long story a bit shorter, we've been dating since June 2003, and I'm now working on moving away from New England to be closer to her, with the eventual goal of being together forever.

As soon as possible is not going to be soon enough. And this account is far too dry for what has been a transforming relationship. We were made for each other.

Posts: 431 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband and I met at church. He and a friend of his came up after the meeting and introduced themselves to me and we all talked for a bit. A week or two later, John came up and talked to me again, inviting me to a church activity that week. I'm not a social person and so I tried using the excuse that my mother and I were sharing a car at the moment, so I didn't know if I would be attending or not. So, of course, he offered to pick me up. [Smile] He got to my house early and spent about 15 minutes talking to my parents while I was showering/getting dressed. I was a little worried about the weirdness of him talking to my parents before we ever really even got to know each other very well, but it didn't phase him at all. I think we ended up spending about 6 or 8 hours together that night. After that we spent part of almost every day together until we got married about 10 months later. [Smile]

[ February 18, 2005, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.