FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A couple in my branch just got engaged

Author Topic: A couple in my branch just got engaged
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Which, in Mormon branch isn't really noteworth, I know, but I just thought how it happened was adorable. For Valentine's Day the guy got the girl an aquarium, and then said he wanted to go with her to pick out the fish for it. And when they got the fish he said that these would be their fish, and it wouldn't be right for the fish's parents to not be married. And then he asker her to marry him. [Big Grin]

Isn't that adorable?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
No.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

It so is!

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose it's cute. But since I'm in a cynical single-guy sourpuss mood right now, I really wish there was a puking smilie.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
*dies*

That's the cutest thing *ever*

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
If I hadn't already proposed to my wife in January, I might have waited untill March just to avoid accidentally proposing on Valentine's Day.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid of fish. I made my husband get rid of his before I married him. I would have refused.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Porter, you really should have proposed to your wife a long time before now . . .

[No No]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
January 1998.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Secrets out now! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Oh, what a night.

Hobbes [Smile]

whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
That is kind of cute.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ - I dreamed last night about this giant fish that hovered above the ground. I was trying to hide, but it would see me and "swim" really fast right at me, picking me up in its mouth and chewing on me.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's adorable!
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it's adorable. Who wants to get chewed on by a giant fish?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, I'm afraid I'm going to have that nightmare now.

Their eyes are what get me the most, though... Swimming... Watching... Angry... [Angst]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
It's adorable if it's a little, colorful, tropical fish. Psychopathic if it was piranha. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
They have to remember not to celebrate their future anniversaries at sushi restaurants. [Wink]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I tried sushi for the first time last week at a place called Yamato's in Orem. It was pretty good.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Afraid of fish? [Confused]

That is cute.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the point in having fish? You can't even huggle them.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, some can, I'm sure, but you'd have to leave 'em out to dry for a while so you could get a good grip, and if you do that they'll...

Oh, huggle, not juggle. My bad.

[ February 18, 2005, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisha-princess
Member # 6966

- posted      Profile for Lisha-princess   Email Lisha-princess         Edit/Delete Post 
That IS adorable!! I'm not much of a propose-on-V-day kinda person, but that is just such a unique way of doing it. Who was it, Hobbes? I haven't heard any of the engagement stories.
Posts: 119 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn, I thought this was your subtle way of announcing your engagement. Though I realize that you don't live in the same state with anyone I would expect you to be announcing an engagement to. Not that I'm expecting it. Oh never mind.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
AWWW!!!!!
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.