FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Morrowind Anyone?

Author Topic: Morrowind Anyone?
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is a rather random topic but that's what this side of the river is for right? anyway I love this game and I have blown countless hours on it. If anyone also loves this game as much as I do I'd love to shoot-the-sh*t about it. here's a starter. how fun is the "Jump" spell in the school of Alteration? eh?
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one former discussion of Morrowind we've had.

This thread at my site is another. /shameless self promotion [Wink]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
i've recently become addicted to this game myself. i keep saying that i'll move on and do the quests and find myself trying to accumulate more gold instead...
Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I just like finding stuff. I'm all about finding ph4t l3wt. <-- only writing like this because of that Microsoft page everybody keeps linking
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Morrowind is the all time best RPG, it's a heck of alot better than that over hyped Fable.... I literally beat fable in one day and cried... i could have rented it, done all of the mini-missions, played around with ideas, and become bored with before it was due back at blockbuster.... With morrowwind, i've logged over 3000 hours on it, and i still haven't done some things...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaz_King
Member # 3184

- posted      Profile for Chaz_King   Email Chaz_King         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh morrowind is grrreat, but I can only play it for so long before I start wanting to play a MMORPG just for that extra bit of interaction. I also love all of the modules you can download to keep it fresh, as well as editing things with the tools that came with the engine.

You can make some super fun stuff with that editor.

Posts: 232 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to love that game. Still do, but I don't want to start playing it again for fear of becoming addicted again [Smile] It was the 1st RPG I've ever played on video games and it introduced me to the wonderful world of RPGs [Big Grin] I love Morrowind
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
Morrowind was awesome. It's just such a detailed world. It's crazy!

And yeah, Morrowind was WAY better than Fable. The only thing that could've been better in Morrowind was the combat. It was kind of weak. I just loved exploring that world though.

/Fable = garbage

Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Morrowind is still installed on my pc, along with both expansions. I've got a lot fo mods running also -- mostly cosmetic clothing, armor, and character model/texture mods, but a few new guilds, the cliff racer remover, and the one that makes it so that a rat with 10 hitpoints doesn't come charging 100 yards to try to kill you -- though the carnivorous critters still will. And the Atmospheric Sound Enhancer. That's an awesome one too.

BTW, if you read the other thread linked, the thelys.free.fr site is now www.thelys.org

I still fire it up every so often, but like someone else posted -- I've got a lot of time logged on it already, don't want to get addicted. And I'm playing Star Wars Galaxies and EverQuest 2, so my time is more devoted there.

and I got the "Better Bodies" mod, but the files on it seem to be reversed left to right, so it makes everything look *really* weird. Short of burning all my mod zips to CD, then wiping and reinstalling Morrowind, I don't see how to fix that, though without "modding the mod" myself, which I don't want to do, nor am I willing to put the time into it, so. . . .I'm just not really playing it anymore, so I'm not even willing to put in the time to uninstall and reinstall.

I will admit to impatiently awaiting TES 4. . . . the screenshots look amazing. As one of the previews I saw said: "They make you want to scream 'System Requirements please?!?!?!?!?!'" Can't wait!

Edit: Check this screenie out!

[ February 18, 2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Magson ]

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I get on a Morrowind kick everyonce in a while, but I'm not really playing much anymore. I'll be addicted again when Oblivion comes out, though.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I myself have many hours logged on this game... and many of those killing cliff racers. I was working on getting the propylon indices, but something else came up. Oh right, school.

As for the jump spell - yeah, it's awesome. I once jumped over the entire landmass just for kicks. I hit my levitate at the last second, so I didn't die. Another fun thing to do is cast a constant effect levitate and fly upwards (and in some random direction) for a few minutes, then cut it off and fall and see where you come out.

Anyone else have crazy things that they like to do? I have more, but I think I'll wait and see what everyone else has to say. [Smile]

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard there were these enchanted boots that let you run really fast, I assume this is one of those enchanted items that is enchanted way past anything you could possibly enchant yourself (just like enchanted arrows that you can't make yourself or the scrolls of Incarion Flight) Does anyone know where one can find these boots?
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.