FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Movies seen

Author Topic: Movies seen
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to creat a topic about Cinéma, as we call it here. And to begin with it, I want to defend a movie i just saw today :

Sideways

This film is a very sweet mix between love story and comedy. Now the speech : This movie is about two 40 years olded men who decide to get the wine's tour during the week before the mariage of one of them.

I don't want to write more because i'm not a very good summer writer. But i would add i liked this movie a lot.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, Choobak, that I actually didn't like it very much... I appreciated that it was a good movie, but I didn't really enjoy it.

Now:

The Phantom of the Opera

and

Finding Neverland

Two movies that I saw recently -- they were both FANTASTIC. They both made me cry, which is frankly (though you wouldn't believe it) difficult to do, I hardly ever cry at movies. Phantom took me places I've never been before... words can't even describe what it did to me! And Finding Neverland was just an absolutely amazing, touching work, that was beautiful, and made me weep out of respect and love for J. M. Barrie (not to mention Johnny Depp! [Wink] )

I really respect Johnny Depp, not only for his superb acting skills, but also for carefully choosing the roles that he performs. And he really is an incredible actor.

I wasn't too crazy about the singing voices in PotO, but the movie itself was something special. I still haven't recovered, and I saw it about a week ago.

I highly recommend both of them. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Sideways, but I don't think it was the movie of the year. It was a good movie, and entertaining, and that's all.

If you like scary movies, and I mean good, skillfully made, scary, scary movies, I highly recommend the Grudge. I saw it in a packed theatre, and everyone screamed a lot. A lot. A bunch of hardened juvenile delinquent middle schoolers sat behind us. One of them kept asking, "Is it the scary part yet?" I wanted to say, "It's all the scary part."

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.