FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I miss Annie, and now, You all are so sweet! :) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I miss Annie, and now, You all are so sweet! :)
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes and Annie,

It would be great if you guys used this money to see each other. But if the timing doesn't work out for you please do not feel pressured to meet for fear of letting us down. You can keep that money and buy some phone cards or donate it to your favorite charity in Hatrack's name. [Smile]

KQ, thanks for hooking us up. Please let me know if you don't receive a confirmation email by tomorrow.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yours is "pending"; I'll let you know when it clears, Beren.

When Beren's contribution clears, everyone, we will be 1/4 of the way to our assumed goal of $400!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
(nevermind)

[ February 23, 2005, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Thanks KQ. [Smile]

My Paypal is linked directly to my checking account, so I did an echeck transfer which may take 1-2 days to clear.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It's away!!

I love Hatrack. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
I second that!

I'm also one of those financially dependent people who can't afford to contribute, sorry. This is one of the coolest things I've had the opportunity to witness though.

Yay for Annie and Hobbes! Happy Day.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Just another one of the gazillion reasons to love Hatrack. [Smile] I'm one of those that fits into the "poor college student, unable to donate" category, but I wanted to mention (with all the others) what a wonderful thing this is. Hobbes and Annie definitely deserve it. (Oh, and if this happens in May I totally think we should have a Colorado mini-get-together just so I can hang out with you two cool cats. [Big Grin] )
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It would be great if you guys used this money to see each other. But if the timing doesn't work out for you please do not feel pressured to meet for fear of letting us down.

I just want to say that Beren does not speak for me on this issue. If I were to contribute money to this fund, it would be for the sole and exclusive purpose of arranging a reunion, not for use as discretionary funds. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed; although if the fund goes over, I'm fine with any excess going to help Annie's mission fund, or something like that. [Smile]

I've got a few more payments pending; I'll notify you all when they go through. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing either of us want more (that can be purchased) than to see each other. [Smile]

[That's a promise to use the money for travel [Smile] ]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ February 23, 2005, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, according to paypal you should have our donation on Feb. 28.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Just got the e-mail, Dags. [Smile] I'll let you know when it goes through.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

BTW, award so far for "cutest transaction subject" goes to rivka for "Hatrack cares! uniting Annie and Hobbes". [ROFL]

Here's your award, rivka: [Cool]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hey, SteveRogers, you're not doing your job, dude. Found this on the second page. [Razz]
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Sorry TD, didn't mean to speak for everyone there. [Smile]

I've done a lot of moving around in my life so I know how unexpected things can pop up right before a big trip. I'm with KQ about the mission fund.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
*moans and stands up with pom poms in hand*

Give me a K

Give me an E

Give me another E

Give me a P

Give me a Space

Give me an I

Give me a T

Give me Another Space

Give me a U

Give me a P

What does that spell???

Keep it up!!!

Be Happy!!! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink] [Evil Laugh] [Evil] [Cry] [No No]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Laugh] Moaning already? What, is the thread getting too heavy for you? It's only three pages long! Suck it up, man! [Razz]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Be Agressive!

Be Be Agressive!

*waves fingers tirelessly yelling Spirit Fingers* [Big Grin]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I love that movie. [Big Grin]

Thanks to everyone's generosity, once all the e-checks clear, we will be almost halfway there! This is really impressive, everyone.

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
kq, mine should be there now. [Smile] Please let me know if you didn't get it.

Edit: Paypal, of course. Which btw is wonderfully convenient. Thank you very much for coordinating and making it so easy.

[ February 24, 2005, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: jeniwren ]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I get paid at midnight and I'm sending $20 your way tomorrow! [Smile]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DragonLover
Member # 7387

- posted      Profile for DragonLover           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I love that movie.

What movie?

Oh yes and- *cheerleading noises* I ran out of cheers. [Big Grin]

Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

You slipped up there, Steve.

quote:
DragonLover
Member # 7387

posted February 24, 2005 04:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love that movie.

What movie?

Oh yes and- *cheerleading noises* I ran out of cheers.

If you're trying to convince people that SteveRogers, CookieMonster, and that penguin one are your only accounts, this isnt' the way to do it.

[ February 24, 2005, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Bring It On, of course. [Big Grin]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
And the sad thing is that I know Steve isn't going to apologize. [Frown]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Frank was logged on my computer the other day. I keep forgetting to check and make sure it is me that is logged in. I swear! I've lied too many times and I've learned my lesson but I'm not lying about this! [Mad]

Tom- Why should I appoligize for telling the truth! I'm not Frank! Like I said he was logged on my computer! [Mad]

[ February 24, 2005, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Yes. Of course. *checks little box*
ElJay
Member # 6358

But you've posted as you today, Steve. So if Frank was on your computer the other day, you would have had to log him out to post as you, and then how did he get back in again?

The thing is, if you're going to lie, you should at least make it believable. Like the insane asylum thing... You told us you were 15 and had been in an asylum for 12 years. We can do math. Nobody believed you were committed at the age of 3 and have been there ever since.

I'm not saying this because I don't like you or I want you to go away. I'm saying it because I want you to stay, and you're just hurting yourself with this sort of thing. It will get to the point where everyone will just sit and roll their eyes at everything you say except for fluff. And that's no fun.

I have a lot of patience, but don't insult my intellegence. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

[ February 24, 2005, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

OMG!!!! I'M SERIOUS!!!! I'M NOT FRANK!!! HE WAS OVER AT MY HOUSE TODAY AFTER SCHOOL AND LOGGED ON FOR A LITTLE BIT AND FORGOT TO LOG OFF!! SO WHEN I LOGGED ON THE WEBSITE AUTOMATICALLY LOGGED ME IN AS HIM!!!! I'M NOT FRANK!!! I SWEAR!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Edit:

ElJay- I said the other day but I meant about a half an hour ago.

Edit of the Edit:

I stopped lying on Hatrack. Everything I have said since my landmark(including the landmark; except a few parts of the Florida Sea Base trip were exaggerated as most stories come to be after a period of time) has been true. I've vowed not to lie on Hatrack anymore. And if people don't believe me I will quit. Because I don't feel I can talk with people who don't believe what I say.

Once again: I'm not lying!!!!!!!

[ February 24, 2005, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Steve, can we make this thread happy again? You've responded to ElJay, now let it go. This is not supposed to be a [Mad] thread, remember?

This is a [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] thread!

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Not if they keep accusing me of lying when I'm not!

*meekly stands up with pom poms in hand and screams," I don't care anymore!"*

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

quote:
I'M SERIOUS!!!! I'M NOT FRANK!!!
You're not Frank or you're not frank? [Wink]

I have no idea what's going on, but I'm with KQ, this is a happy thread. [Big Grin]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Beren- No offense; but you really aren't helping. Just for your information though I meant Frank, as in the name.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Steve, please smile. If you smile and drop it, we won't have to ask you to leave the thread. It's not hard, see? [Smile] Now, please, don't do this in this thread any more. If you feel the need, post a thread about how you're not Frank, but don't do it here. Please.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Sorry Steve, didn't mean to make things worse. I guess I like to diffuse tense situations with inappropriate humor. It is a defense mechanism I learned from an unhappy childhood where my parents fought all the time (j/k, made that up).

I guess as a person with four login names, I can't really point any fingers. [Smile]

You're probably getting a bit more flak than you usually would have because we recently had an experience with another poster who was also accused of making up stuff.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

kq- I'm sorry. But I don't like being falsely accused of lying. I'll let it drop. If it comes up again any place else I will start a topic on it.

*stands up with more energy bearing pom poms*

*begins clapping*

Thats alright, thats okay. You're going to get it right some day. Yeah!

[ February 24, 2005, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
This is getting dangerously close to the bottom of the page.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Where's a cheerleader when you need him? [Razz]
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
So what's our current total kq?
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
It's so cool.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

*the cheerleaders are all taking a break so the mascot, a tiger, jumps and begins dancing around, he can't say anything because mascots are mute* [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Narnia, we're up to $197.25, with approximately $90 that will clear by the 28th still to be added to that! I think Annie's gonna make it-- especially if everyone who has said they will contribute but not gotten to it yet does. [Smile]
Lisha-princess
Member # 6966

- posted      Profile for Lisha-princess   Email Lisha-princess         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right - I haven't made time to do it yet, but my money will be coming.
Posts: 119 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, I'm sure it will be appreciated. [Smile]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot believe how fabulous you guys are.

No. Really.

Next time anyone's in the neighborhood, I'm lodging and feeding them and drawing on their pants.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine and Leonide's money will be on the way in a few days. I had to transfer money into my paypal account to be able to send it, rather than using a credit card and losing a few dollars on the transaction.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*bump*

So, it looks like by around the 28th, our balance will jump dramatically. [Smile]

Lisha-princess
Member # 6966

- posted      Profile for Lisha-princess   Email Lisha-princess         Edit/Delete Post 
Just sent mine off, it should be there soon. :-)
Posts: 119 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Just replied. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, I can't speak for anyone else, but I can dress myself! [Eek!]

[Wink] *hug*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.