FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You've definitely had too much Hatrack when . . . (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: You've definitely had too much Hatrack when . . .
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why not? It works on you. [Big Grin]
Well, you've got me there.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] [Hail] Ralphie

Subjugated grapes for all!!

[Hail] [Hail] rivka
[Hail] [Hail] OSC
[Hail] [Hail] that guy down the street from me.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
105) You have such a good story to post on Hatrack... the only problem is it didn't actually happen in real life. Darn RL, it won't keep the pace!
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles maddly at the thread and suddenly seeing OSC in it*
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Subjugated grapes for all!!
[ROFL]
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
106) You post on Hatrack instead of studying for midterms. (Hey, Mom, if you're reading this, I actually did study for a long time. I promise.)

107) You check Hatrack first thing in the morning. Sometimes it makes you late for class. (Again, Mom, not really...most of the time.)

[ March 10, 2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
(Ralphie, I've been playing cool all morning. It's very difficult. I'm vibrating like an Sonicare toothbrush.)
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
108) You start trying to get your freinds to Ender's Game so that you can convert their poor souls into Hatrackers
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(Ralphie, I've been playing cool all morning. It's very difficult. I'm vibrating like an Sonicare toothbrush.)
::grins::
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
101) OSC posts in a thread you started, and it fills you with fangirlish glee.
OMG OMG OMG! *fangirlish glee*

Something) OSC posts twice in your thread and you have to be resuscitated.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
You are working on a short story on MS Word and you look back to realize you have typed the following sentence:

code:
 And under the right circumstances, 
he found that he could even make it [i]move.[/i]

[ March 13, 2005, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
109) You get up extra early on Sunday morning to check Hatrack before getting the family ready for church...
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
110) You post in this thread.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[ROFL] @ Ic!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
You're sitting on the toilet in a strange hotel at 02:00 in the morning and writing posts to Hatrack. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ic, i turned in a Legal Writing paper with [i][/i] around a casename. My grader had no clue what that was.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
113) youre doing an overnight visit to a college and you use a community computer to post on hatrack.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
you don't have any excuses, but you post anyhow.
Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
114) You get in your car and realize there's nothing good on the radio; you then wish that there was some way to have threads on hatrack read to you in the car while you're driving.

[Blushing]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You're getting a facial, and have to wait 15 minutes while the mask sets. Your eyes are closed. You are very relaxed.

You wish there were some way to project Hatrack threads on the inside of your eyelids.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
115) When reading the thread title about your favorite board game, you think, "Begging the question" only to find out it's talking about risk, monopoy, etc.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
(116) You just got home from another hemisphere and you're jet-lagged out of your mind and you spend one solid hour reading the books, films, food and culture forum because somebody in the About OSC forum said that you never post in the books, films, food and culture forum and you are so tired and stupid you think it is important to prove that person wrong only you can't find a single place to post anything that won't make people wish you had stayed on the About OSC forum or in New Zealand.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
(117) you see OSC posting, and stop paying any attention to The Village (it is really boring anyways) to participate in this event.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

rivka, I think you may be my twin. [Big Grin]

118) You see that OSC has posted on this side of the forum and use that as an excuse not to actually do any of the schoolwork you should be working on...even though he hasn't posted in an hour or so, because he might...come...back.

[ April 02, 2005, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, Megan, me tooo! [Big Grin]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
...you start to imagine all the threads OSC could have posted in but didn't, and wish that he had anyway, especially the kind of racy ones.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
You start thinking that having OSC post in a kind of racy thread would be anything other than kind of disgusting.

[ April 02, 2005, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Orson Scott Card ]

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Your thrilled to be the post following OSC's.
Or thrilled that he begged your question.
Or thrilled when your name shows up in the name game.

What the hey, its a thrilling day.

[ April 02, 2005, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
PS: OSC, um, we are thrilled you are here, and its nice and exciting, but, um, you see, if you are dead tired and just in from another hemisphere, and exhausted to the point you can't type straight...well, we will excuse your absence for 8 hours of sleep.

Well, 4 hours anyway.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You're sitting on the toilet in a strange hotel at 02:00 in the morning and writing posts to Hatrack.
Was this aimed at me, or did you do this, too, Trevor? [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,

Or the post before OSC's

[Cool]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
You do nothing but hit refresh on the forum page for hours on end.

You have a specific configuration for all the items that surround your computer seating area whenever you sit down for a "day" of Hatrack.

Your number of Hatrack friends outnumber your real life friends 10-1.

You can make a crossword puzzle with only Hatrack names... from memory... using stereotypes and experiences as clues.

You have a Tom Davidson automatic post counter on your website.

You also have a text copy of every post he made, indexed, and dated. You website also sells T-shirts that say, "Tom D made fun of me."

Your grand total of alternate names exceeds the average post count of lurkers.

Your number of landmark threads exceeds the average post count of lurkers.

You've created a historical archive thread because you thought it would be fun to dig through all that member history for superfluous data.

You were highlighted in that thread as a person of historical significance.

And finally, You know the name of every actor, composer, and director (before Petersen was a lock) who has ever been suggested for a part in Ender's Game, why each of them would be a bad idea, which ones have been mentioned so many times you want to puke, and of course, which Hatrackers would fit which parts best if they were 6-12 year olds.

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Khav!! It's good to see you.

You've had too much hatrack when you email your best friend (who posts on the forum) to let him know that OSC has started posting on the books, food and culture side.

You get all giggly when you see that OSC has posted in the 3 year old Begging the Question thread.

You're planning to have a party on April 19th as it is the 3 year anniversary of the Begging the Question thread.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ho Narnia!

You have a post on at least half of the pages of the 3 year old "Begging the Question" thread.

[ April 02, 2005, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Khavanon ]

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
You talk about the Begging the Question thread in other threads. [Blushing]

You answer to your screen name in real life.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
You're trying to figure a way to get OSC to post in the Dude [Cool] Peek-a-boo thread on the otherside.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Your Hatrack friends are your real life friends. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
When you're setting up to review photos with your laptop at the wedding of two Hatrackers, you find a wireless signal and attempt to see if you can post on the Rack.

I couldn't.

But the thought was amusing. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I meant the in the church. I had a wireless signal in the church, but alas, no internet access.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When I'm talking to nonhatrackers about hatracker I usually say, "one of my friends does such and such" as in, "One of my friends lives in Alabama" or "One of my friends is a disability rights activist." Even though I've never actually communicated with either Belle or sndrake personally.

You check hatrack, then you check the news. If you accidentally see the news first you make sure to see what hatrackers say about it as soon as possible.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I still say never, but ...

possibly when you are up til 2 a.m. after a Hatrack wedding, when you stood around impatiently upon returning home after said wedding - waiting for your husband to give up the computer so you could post on Hatrack, and when it's the switch to Daylight Savings Time so you are losing an hour of sleep already but you are up til 2 a.m. anyway.

and you've posted Goodnight Hatrack but continue to post to see what people are replying to you.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
You are happy your name is mentioned on the Hatrack nameology thread.
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Your name is mentioned four times in the same post on the nameology thread because you said you'd go to bed and didn't. [Wink]

CT: [Kiss] Will you be my second hatrack mother? My first is rivka.

Megan
Member # 5290

You agonize over the wording of a thread because you just know someone will find your mistakes.

[in a way, this is good practice for grad school. *sigh*]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] (Yes!)
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yay!

*dances*

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You sit up at 1 in the morning refreshing because you're waiting to see what rivka has to say to you.

Why is she always up late? I don't know. But it's good for those of us who are insomniacs in time zones to the East of her.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pfft. Late? It's barely 11 o'clock!

Amateurs. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.