FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 2004 Sakeriver Movie Awards

Author Topic: 2004 Sakeriver Movie Awards
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
link

In mere hours, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will be handing out film's highest honors. But you don't have to wait that long to find out my favorites from the year. Without further ado, I give you the Sakeriver Movie Awards for 2004!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!

What would have been your #2 for best picture? (just curious)

Agree completely on Jamie Foxx. And if you ever get a chance to see his interview on Bravo network's The Actors' Studio, settle in. Great stuff.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juliette
Member # 5484

- posted      Profile for Juliette   Email Juliette         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to list my runners-up in descending order. I was a little unsure of the order for Best Actress, but I think the rest are right. So my second choice for Best Drama would be Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and my second choice for Best Comedy would be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I was thinking about changing the categories to "Best 'Serious' Film" and "Best 'Light' Film," but that sounded too goofy, so I'm stuck with trying to stuff square pegs into round holes.

Edit: Oops, that was me (saxon75). I forgot to log out on Juliette's computer.

[ February 27, 2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Juliette ]

Posts: 38 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Thanks. I have yet to see The Door in the Floor, but I will do so on your recommendation.

[ February 27, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I completely agree with your pick of Peter Sarsgaard and your reasoning behind it.

[ February 27, 2005, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail]
I skipped the Oscars this year. But I am excited to see Finding Neverland and The Incredibles.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
If they had a Best Performance by an Animated Corpse category, Clint Eastwoon would have had my vote, hands down.
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.