FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Stranger Conversation

Author Topic: A Stranger Conversation
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone ever had a surprising conversation with a stranger?

This morning, a random guy I don't know started talking to me. It was one of those things where we were both coming from the same place (the 4th floor of the dorm) and heading down to campus. So it's not like we could avoid walking together. To my surprise, he started up a conversation.

First about the weather, you know, then to where we're from. And finally, we discovered that we had mutual acquaintances. He is from the same town as some old friends of my family, and was on the same sports teams as their sons and their dad was his baseball coach. It was strange to find such a connection.

Anyone else have an experience like that?

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a few conversations with strange men in my day, though they seldom revolved around common acquaintances.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup...I have.
Not gonna tell you.

[Razz]
*giggles*

But yah, my job as a security officer gets me into contact with lots and lots of strangers. And I've had some wacky and cool conversations with people. Usually they are with people who work in the building I'm guarding, and eventually we get to be buddies. I became friends with a gang of 40 year old divorced white women up on 5th floor...I even got them to come out to my scary goth club. Some even liked it and came back to hang out!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
About 5 years ago, before I remarried, the kids and I lived in a small apartment. The bug guy (you know, the guy who sprays) used to strike up amazingly long conversations with me while he sprayed our apartment. And he wasn't even part of the management at the complex; he was from a company. Over the course of about a year and a half I learned all kinds of things about him, down to the ages of his kids and what he liked to do in his spare time.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.