FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Revenge of the Sith, Massive Spoiler-y goodness

Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith, Massive Spoiler-y goodness
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Large number of Pictures and some speculation on plot points.

Sorry if someone else has posted this, I didn't get any hits in a search or two.

The link contains many possible spoilers.

[ March 01, 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yummy yummy spoilers!!!!!! (Look out below)
Especially the pic of Haden Christiansen with his shirt off! But the author of that site apparently thinks he looks more evil than I think he looks. I do think they did a great job of aging the actors with makeup, though, especially Christiansen and Portman.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I thought he looked evil too, but in a good way. [Evil]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
But (okay, from now on, everything I post in this thread is going to be spoilers)
when he was hugging Padme? I thought he just looked disconnected there.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy! O boy!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it’s going to be great
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Who else is in for the midnight showing?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Sorry, I'm waiting two days to see it on my birthday. It's a tradition.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hrm. I'm not at all sure about how well this will work. The plotting seems a bit odd, and I can't quite figure out why finally deciding to use the Dark Side instantly causes someone's eyes and teeth to yellow and their skin to rot. This particular addition to canon seems a bit strange.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Ew. Crispy skin.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa.

[Eek!]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The rotten skin is the result of falling into the volcano.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, please don't make it suck, Lucas. Please.

I really want to see Yoda face off against Sidious. I just wish Yoda wasn't completely digital. Ah well, can't have it all.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The plotting seems a bit odd, and I can't quite figure out why finally deciding to use the Dark Side instantly causes someone's eyes and teeth to yellow and their skin to rot.
Could it be a side-effect of cheating death?

I'm sure this will be a fun "action flick" (as were the first two), but I don't hold out much hope for a good story and characters--the heart and soul of the original three. The first two movies dropped the ball with that, and I expect this one will too.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The rotten skin is the result of falling into the volcano.
Yes, the toasty skin that I was referring is a result of that, but I think the rotting is just when you see WhatshisnameAnakin (sorry, I never actually completed the 6th movie so I'm going from outside experience here) in the picture where he's peering out from the hood.

I think that poses a problem to all traitors:
"I'm not a traitor!"
"Your eyes are yellow and your teeth are falling out!"
"Curses! Foiled!"

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Olivetta. Thank you for the link. [Smile]

This makes me very excited. If I'm not in the middle of moving, I will be at a midnight showing. Scratch that, even if I am in the middle of moving, I'll make it to a midnight showing.

[ March 01, 2005, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Uhleeuh ]

Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Joel
Member # 5357

- posted      Profile for Billy Joel           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Tom meant The Emperors skin going all crusty. And as for his eyes, yeah, been worried about that too. Been a major concern of mine.
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
OK.. Padme CAN'T die giving birth to the twins because Leia has memories of her real mother. [Dont Know]
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't bother Lucas with details. He is lost in his lil' fantasy world.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Like Ben Kenobi saying that Yoda was his master, then having the whole Qui-Gon thing... He doesn't Care.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Padme CAN'T die giving birth to the twins because Leia has memories of her real mother."

Well, in all fairness, maybe Leia just didn't realize that Mrs. Organa wasn't her mother.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
The link doesn't seem to work for me...
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
So are Palpatine and Sidious the same person? And if not, who the heck is Sidious?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yes, they are the same people.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Mabus, it may take a really long time to load. Some of my buddies with dail-up still haven't seen it.
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* Already looks cartoony to me. Which is the same problem I had with the last two. It's... it's like they made toys and then made movies about the toys.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, in all fairness, maybe Leia just didn't realize that Mrs. Organa wasn't her mother.
Possibly but Luke asks Leia in ROTJ if she has any memories of her REAL mother and she says she remembers that she was very beautiful but very sad. You know that in ROTJ it is referring to the birth mother so if Lucas wants to "cheat" and kill off Padme it will be an... irritation.

But I will still enjoy the movie... I enjoyed Phantom Menace... at first... until I picked it over. (but we won't even get started on that rant!!)

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow thanks! Now I don't have to waste my time watching the movie. [Smile]

(Although I'll probably stand in line for it anyway!)

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to see the battle between Sidious and the four Jedi. It'll be so good.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

What makes you think so? I mean, I had hopes for the Yoda/Dooku duel, and they managed to screw that up.
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it'll be five real live actors, won't it? I'd expect it to be closer to the final Darth Maul battle, except with a great sense of desperation on the part of the Jedi.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
They screwed up Yoda/Dooku? I thoroughly enjoyed that myself, and it didn't sound like I was alone in the theater.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the first three seconds of Yoda turning and pulling his saber.

After he that, he looked like a grasshopper on speed.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.