FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Argh!! I work for the Govt... a rant...

Author Topic: Argh!! I work for the Govt... a rant...
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so I've worked for the Government for almost 4 years now, I have come to expect a certain amount of red tape and bureaucracy but today took the cake!! I recently got a promotion and I have to go to a computers of morons class (the kind where they start by showing you where the on button is). Well the letter I received from my Distict Office shows me in class the week of March 20-25 and gives me a telephone number to make flight arrangements if I choose to fly. Well I was having a very hard time getting through to the Fedtravel center and when I did get through they were having a hard time making the reservations. So I call the travel coordinator for the computer class. She informs me that I am not even on the class list for March 20-25. After some shuffling of papers she discovers that I am in the class for the March 13-18. She also informs me that I have been given the wrong travel code, travel authorization number and purpose code for the trip (like I said red tape!). So now I am armed with all of the correct information so I call the Fedtravel center to get a flight leaving on the 13th and arriving back on the 18th. I even gave the travel service the route the the coordinator told me to tell them to take when booking the flight. Well the lady couldn't figure it out. She kept trying to get me a direct flight from Dodge to College Station which I explained was not going to happen. The she couldn't help me and transfered me to another lady.. who goes through all the same hoops and then says she'll have to call me back. So I call her back an hour later. She informs me that she got my flight all set up! I leave out March 20th at 7:00am.. NO NO NO!!!! I Tell her I have to leave on the 13th!!! Well she'll have to work on it some more then and she will e-mail me all the details. This was around 10:00 this morning. So at 2:00 pm I check my e-mail...nothing. So I call back, am put on hold for 20 minutes and finally get a person, who puts me on hold again. She finally comes back and says that they are still working on it but I will receive and e-mail with the e-tickets and itinerary by 4:00 pm. So 4:00 pm comes and goes and .... yep... you guessed it... no e-mail!! SO I get to do it all again tomorrow!! [Grumble]
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
wait..slow down. What do you do for the government? Or is that information not to be given out. Because if you were in the CIA, that would be pretty cool!

Oh, and if I were stuck in a class like that I'd probably go nuts.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
No nothing as glamorous as CIA. I work for USDA. In order to get my computer ID and password to log into the system I have to attend this class. Which I suppose is ok.. I mean after all they do teach how to minimize and maximize a screen [Roll Eyes] . But hey it'll get me out of "real" work for a week... if I can get a flight down there that is.
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Anything, to avoid work I always say!
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad you can't take an extra day off that Fri. and travel a little earlier and hit Atlanta that weekend for WenchCon. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.