FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19!
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty free in April as well, if no one minds a newbie tagging along... I have an exam on the 9th, but if it's a later weekend I can come. I haven't been to the Science Centre in about a decade either, but I recall it being very fun. As are the ROM dinosaurs, which I'm *always* up for.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
How about, of the remaining weekends, everyone interested in coming lists the weekends in order of preference.

The weekends are:

April the 8th, 9th, 10th
April the 15th, 16th, 17th
April the 22nd, 23rd, 24th
April the 29th, 30th and May 1st

My order is:

1. 29th-1st (best)
2. 22nd-24th
3. 15th-17th
4. 8th-10th (worst)

Although any weekend is fine.

[ March 09, 2005, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Best: 15-17 or 22-24
Fine: 29-1
No good: 8-10

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
All of those weekends are, I think, fine with me.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I can come any of those weekends - in spirit, that is. My corporeal being will still be in Sri Lanka, though. But it won't bother any of you if I haunt the gathering, will it? [Dont Know]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
1. April the 22nd, 23rd, 24th
1. April the 29th, 30th and May 1st
2. April the 8th, 9th, 10th (extremely iffy - I'm actually meeting a NZ Pwebber on the 8th)
3. April the 15th, 16th, 17th (immpossible, due to an exam on Sunday)

[ March 09, 2005, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Eaquae Legit ]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
*just finished skimming WestJet prices*

oi...this is so incredibly affordable...*sooooo tempted*

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody, quick! Tempt him!
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
*glares*

I have to check when my exams are first...so I guess that's what I'm doing tomorrow in between classes

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... the 8th and 22nd (the actual days) are no good for myself. I could always show up the day after.

But if I was to order those weekends it'd be:

April the 29th, 30th and May 1st
April the 15th, 16th, 17th
April the 8th, 9th, 10th
April the 22nd, 23rd, 24th

Ted/Pod no longer checks hatrack, so when he's done his homework I'll inquire with him if he's interested.

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Cool. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]

I'm so jealous of the WenchCon people, so I had to check prices, didn't I? Can't just be satisfied with the HUGE wedding gathering next month, have to think about meeting more people.

Non-stop Minneapolis to Toronto for US$227.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got exams on the 18th and 20th so I'd rather not be doing anything the weekend before. I'm pretty sure my dance card is clear every other weekend though, after the 2nd that is.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

So far, it seems like the weekend starting on the 29th is the best one for the most people.

Edit: Incidentally, BtL, did you get Eric's email last night regarding this weekend? Are you in?

[ March 10, 2005, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Prices for me would be $1400 US. Not bad, not bad. [Big Grin] But I'm still not coming. 28 hours of travel time is ugly, and the next time I go to Canada, it'll be to the west where I actually know people. [Big Grin] Um, I mean, where people love me. [Wink] Er, I mean. . . [Angst] *runs screaming from thread*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
We are A-OK with any of the weekends. Sounds like the 29th-1st might be the best, but we can get there most any weekend.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for the 29th, also, but if I can't make it, I'll get over it. Eventually. [Smile]
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur
Member # 4026

- posted      Profile for Arthur   Email Arthur         Edit/Delete Post 
April 8-10 is a no go for us. Since the 7th is the Ticks birthday and we have tickets for something on the 10.
Posts: 153 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Is that when that is?
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Edit: does HHGTTG come out on the 29th or the 6th? I'm confused.

[ March 10, 2005, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Just found out the 29th to 1st is a no go. [Frown]
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
My order is this:

1st- 16-17
2nd- 23-24 (My Japanese Homestay will be here, if that's okay.)
3rd- 30-1 (ditto... but she's leaving on the Sunday, so not very good.)
4th- 9-10

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Turns out there are dinosaurs at the ROM.

[Cool]

[ March 11, 2005, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

My last exams are on April, 19. So yeah...anything after that there is a chance I may be able to make it
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been to Toronto in ages. Since I was, like, seven years old and my shoelace got stuck in the escalator at the CN tower.

Of course, I won't know if I can make it until it's much nearer in the future, but as of right now I have nothing else planned. So everyone else set up a date, and I'll see from there.

This could be really cool. [Smile]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I really think we should call it TwinkyCon. With t-shirts and everything.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Thanks for the thought [Smile] , but it would really bug me if it was named after me, so much so that I probably wouldn't go in order to ensure it would have a different name.

Okay. We now have two equivalent "best weekends," because on the 22nd Jaiden can't make it and on the 29th Tick can't make it. This is going to be a problem if more people don't list weekend preferences! *stern looks all around*

Teshi
Member # 5024

Who's missing who should have posted? Perhaps we should chase them down?
twinky
Member # 693

Well, all other things being equal, (that is, if no one else posts to rank dates) I think we should go with the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. While the 22nd is bad for Jaids she said she could come the next day, so we could save the stuff she wants to do the most for the 23rd. If we go with the 29th then Tick can't make it at all.

As long as we go to either the ROM or the Science Centre, I'll be happy. [Smile]

digging_holes
Member # 6237

What about the CN tower? I haven't been up there since I was 7.
Teshi
Member # 5024

There's also the Zoo, but it might be a bit chilly for that...
digging_holes
Member # 6237

Maybe. Then again, you don't really have a winter in Toronto, from what I hear. [Razz]
Teshi
Member # 5024

You didn't see the snowstorm we had last night.

Edit: But it's the end of April, after all. It won't be warm, as such, but it will probably be bearable. I don't actually know. I've never lived through a Toronto Spring.

[ March 13, 2005, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Jaiden
Member # 2099

For sure do it the weekend of the 22nd because Tick can't go at all the other weekend.

I'm working the night of the 22nd until 11:00pm, so I'm sure I can head over to Toronto either that night or early the next morning. [Smile]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
You didn't see the snowstorm we had last night.

I did. [Razz]

quote:
I'm working the night of the 22nd until 11:00pm, so I'm sure I can head over to Toronto either that night or early the next morning. [Smile]
[Smile]

I guess that settles that, then. Weekend of the 22nd it is.

Teshi
Member # 5024

Hooray! [Big Grin]

Twinky: I looked out my window at this blizzard amount of snow last night! It's not supposed to snow, it's supposed to be March! Arggggh!

twinky
Member # 693

I always wish my birthday wasn't quite so wintry. [Razz] But yesterday's snowfall was pretty mild, at least compared to what we were getting when I was still in Nova Scotia earlier this year.
Teshi
Member # 5024

It was your birthday yesterday?
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. I miss a lot when I don't have a computer. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I'm guessing I might be able to make it, if Ken can get some time off.

April is a very good month for me. The whole thing.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

No, not yesterday. [Smile]

Keep us posted, kwsni.

Teshi
Member # 5024

Are you being deliberately vague?
twinky
Member # 693

Yes.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Curses. [Wink]
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

well...the dates work perfectly for me...however, since JetsGo went under, WestJet has increased their prices so it's over 250$ more for me to fly than it was previously...so unless I come into a sudden windfall of money, it's unlikely I can come [Frown]
twinky
Member # 693

[Frown]

That's one of the problems with living in such a big country. The distances are enormous.

ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

*sighs* yeah...I don't know...I'm just very irritated that it went from a very big possibility that I could go to almost no chance
Jaiden
Member # 2099

Prices might drop soon after the Jetsgo stuff settles down [Smile]

Where are you from? Have you tried via rail?

ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

I hope so. I'm from Abbotsford, BC. My final exam is on the 19th of April, so I'm not sure if I could even make it in time...and generally I've heard that rail is more expensive than flying that distance

[ March 13, 2005, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: ReikoDemosthenes ]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

And rail would likely take 3 or 5 days. [Frown] I've done Kamloops to Winnipeg, and that took at least two, if I recall correctly.
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.