FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why Leonide and I are cooler than you!

Author Topic: Why Leonide and I are cooler than you!
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Cause we got to meet not only OSC today, but also Kristine! And they were almost(well, not really) as excited to meet us as we were them! Or they were just being really nice. [Smile] Either way, we had a blast.

And one small bit of info. OSC confirmed it. Jake Lloyd WILL be playing Ender in the movie. Haley Joel Osment will be playing Bean. Queen Latifa is playing Graff. And Valentine and Peter have been combined into one character who'll be played by Ashton Kutcher.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
ASHTON KUTCHER!!????? What in the...!!!! ::add much gasping and spluttering::
Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Does Demi Moore play his/her teacher, who gets to "spank" him when he is really really good? [Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Things I thought were interesting about OSC speaking.

1. His voice is nothing like what I thought it would be. I thought it would be softer and sound like a Speaker(for the dead), and it was nothing of the sort. He's got alot of gusto and personality, and it comes out in every word he says.

2. He's really funny and a really good public speaker! Not that this is all that suprising, he's done it enough over the years I guess. But I was surprised at how funny he was.

3. He's not very diplomatic, but somehow you can't get mad at him even while he's bad mouthing something you like, whether it's George Lucas or comic books.

4. He doesn't believe that people should have just one career for their whole lives, and since I completely agree with this, it was nice to hear. [Smile]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"I thought it would be softer and sound like a Speaker(for the dead), and it was nothing of the sort."

That's funny. I totally imagined him being loud, but not overbearingly so, and having a booming laugh.

And I am so ticked at myself for not looking at the calendar, to see that he was so close. Seriously, my groupie skills are really, really slacking.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myr
Member # 5956

- posted      Profile for Myr   Email Myr         Edit/Delete Post 
S'ok Liz, I didn't even skip class to go twenty minutes up the road when he was here! Next time we'll get a chance ::crosses fingers::
Posts: 105 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Myr, that is a sure sign of downfall, when you put your education before your groupie status.

It was like me in December, two days out of rehab. I did not go to see Donna the Buffalo, one town away. I was too "tired," and "couldn't really walk."

Oh, how the mighty groupies have fallen!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
That WAS a pretty lame excuse, Elizabeth.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Enough of your crippling scorn, Theca!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
His voice is nothing like what I thought it would be.
He sounded exactly like I expected him to, actually. So much so that I wondered if I had seen a video or audio recording of him and was remembering from that. But I'm pretty sure I haven't.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Liz, I ALSO forgot to keep up on the calendar and totally forgot. However, we were reminded in time. But I was horribly sick Wednesday and Thursday, and on Friday, I had about enough energy to sit on my couch and think about moving.

[Frown]

I met OSC once, long long ago. I remember him being a fantastic public speaker, funny and engaging. I also remember me being a stammering blushing idiot when I finally got up to the desk. Kristine was so sweet! She's awesome.

I really hope I get another chance to meet them.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.