FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So, I finally saw Eraserhead...

Author Topic: So, I finally saw Eraserhead...
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I borrowed it from a coworker (who labelled it as his favorite movie ever) on Thursday and watched it today.

And I actually liked it.

It did take me two viewings, though. And I'm pretty sure I would have hated it had I not seen Napoleon Dynamite (for giving me an appreciation of a slow-moving, mostly-plotless story), The Elephant Man (for giving me an appreciation of David Lynch's surreal style) before it. I loved both of those movies right away.

I admit, too, that my enjoyment of Eraserhead had a lot to do with finally understanding what the Pixies and Modest Mouse were referring to.

Has anybody else here seen it and liked it? So far, I've come across a total of three (including myself and my coworker) who have both seen it and liked it. Most people I ask have never heard of it.

[ March 13, 2005, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Eraserhead was... well, I didn't like it. Let's just leave it at that.

quote:
I admit, too, that my enjoyment of Eraserhead had a lot to do with finally understanding what the Pixies and Modest Mouse were referring to.

I'm undecided on the Pixies, but I've never understood why people make such a fuss about Modest Mouse, so I guess if I don't like Eraserhead either that's okay.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Eraserhead around 12 years ago and wasn't all that keen on it. To be honest, I haven't liked most of his films, even when I've understood what he's shooting for.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it twice too. The first time, I thought it felt like 3 hours, and was insanity on film.

The second time I felt like it moved a lot faster, and I found it rather funny.

But maybe that was just a psychological self-defense mechanism.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.