FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Only like the coolest commercial ever

Author Topic: Only like the coolest commercial ever
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.vw.com/commercials/popup/cornering.htm

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck is wrong with you?

[Confused]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever do YOU mean?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

That's only like the lamest commercial ever.

[Taunt]

Did you ever see that Honda ad that Geoff Card linked to a long time ago? Now THAT was the coolest commercial ever. (That was Honda, wasn't it? [Confused] )

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

pssht. your face

Do you speak of

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/honda-ad.html

They're two different types of cool [Wink]

[ March 14, 2005, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Access to this web page is restricted at this time.

Reason:
The Websense category "Tasteless" is filtered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/honda-ad.html

Great. I'll be fired in the morning now.

[Cry]

So, um, I don't know if that's the one or not.

The one I remember was not tastless. It was just Very Cool.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Errr.. well this is the description:

"This is one of the most amazing ads I've ever seen, truly a thing of beauty. Fully two minutes long, it's a Honda commercial called "Cog," the most elaborate Rube Goldberg device you've ever seen set to film, all made entirely of car parts. It required 606 film takes to get right. It's so perfectly filmed, you can't imagine it, you've just got to see it."

Icarus
Member # 3162

That's the one!

quote:
They're two different types of cool
Yeah. Actually cool, and lame masquerading as cool. [Razz]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend thinks that VW commercial is the funniest thing ever.

So does my mom.

I think it's amusing, but not the best. It's not Aflac quality funny.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

HA! Take that Icarus! Hatrack sides with me in the coolness of commercials.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]

Blah. I like this one.

edit to add: For heaven's sakes, before anyone gets confused. Click on the graemlin. Thanks to dkw for the idea.

[ March 15, 2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Stan the man ]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Papa Moose. That commercial rocks. On so many levels.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop- That is sooooo wrong.

And yet so right.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Moose, that still remains my all-time favorite commercial, ever.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Papa Moose! I saw that a couple weeks ago and have been meaning to find it ever since. That is the best commercial.
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Methinks I won't click on any of those until after the kids leave.

[Razz]

Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
YES!! Papa Moose, that is my favorite commercial EVER. I've been looking for it every so often but couldn't find it again. Thanks so much for linking it here!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.