FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm alive

Author Topic: I'm alive
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm alive, in San Diego, still have no belongings (other than an air mattress and furniture for my patio that I bought here) but that will all be delivered tomorrow. Internet access is supposedly Friday (at home).

I've been really busy at work already since there is a company-wide conference of managers here in San Diego right now, which I didn't know about beforehand. Going to work at 8 and going home at 9 (after dinner with the group).

This is the one and only time I am ever hitting Hatrack from work.

[ March 16, 2005, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're doing okay! Hope you get your place set up quickly.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on keeping body and soul together cross-country. Hope you have a blast at your new digs. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I was gonna call you tonight to see how you're doing. I probably still will, since you might not come back and see this.

Hope FreightTrain is doing okay, too!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not displeased to hear you are alive, I3.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is the one and only time I am ever hitting Hatrack from work.
Then you're a better man than I. [Wink]

(In my defence, my home computer isn't working. [Frown] )

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am not displeased to hear you are alive, I3.
Whew, that's a relief!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh good grief. You've been in SanDiego all that time and you still haven't gone hang gliding from TorreyPines???
No wonder you're still alive.

[ March 16, 2005, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No wonder you're still alive.
This recrimination made me giggle.

I3 - Good job on the successful move. Get your computer set up so's you can post more.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say that I3 can do a "cute, smug grin" better than just about anyone I know. Definite stunt-double for the Cheshire cat, rakish glee and all.

Pop open a tin of mustard sardines in my honor, guv'nor. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!! Welcome to my territory!!!
I'm at El Cajon.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I3, is the email address in your profile still good? Would you care to have lunch on Monday? If the answers to both of those questions is yes, I'll send you my cell number and we can coordinate.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Good deal!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for making it over the Sierras alive! (Aren't you glad you didn't have to go the covered-wagon route?)

When it gets closer to April 9th, we should confirm your attendance at the Shinda. [Smile]

Good luck with settling in, both in your new place and your new job.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yay for making it over the Sierras alive! (Aren't you glad you didn't have to go the covered-wagon route?)

When it gets closer to April 9th, we should confirm your attendance at the Shinda. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

rivka
Member # 4859

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe... rivka and the quadrupost. Please leave them there -- they're cute.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nate!

I'm glad I got to meet you in person before you left. MN's loss is CA's gain.

[Wave]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Blushing]

That was when, as far as I could tell, Hatrack was down and it wasn't posting at all.

Since Papa Moose requests it, they will stay.

Oh, weird! They're out of order!

[ March 17, 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's why he suggested they stay.

I3, alive is good. Good luck with settling in and all that. And the new job. Hope it goes well for ya. [The Wave]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
And now, Internet access.

But I'm late, so see you later.

Saxon- email still works. Send me

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

And now the email is changed.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I guess you came in time. [Smile] I'm transferring in about 3 months. [Big Grin] [Party]

See ya around.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Awwww... Well, we'll have to hit the field quick then. I had a drink there a few weeks ago, and I'm dying to try the boxty.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Well, I do have the weekend off. Although, I don't know if the guy/girl that parks next to me is still here or not. If they are it makes it nearly impossible to get out of my spot. However, that hasn't stopped me before. I'll trade paint if they are too stupid and park too close. Stupid CA. The parking spots are too small to begin with.

That's just a very tiny reason I am looking forward to going back to NY.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Just thought I'd put in here that I secured having the 9th off. A friend of mine wants to go to Phoenix to visit his wife the next weekend. His problem was that he had duty then. I am taking his duty on the 16th while he is going to take mine on the 9th. Yeah [Big Grin] .

The wierd part was that I got to sign for my own request chit for approval. I am the watchbill coordinator for my duty section. Of course I will make sure I am not on the watchbill for the 9th.

rivka
Member # 4859

Awesome!

That reminds me, I need to bump the Shinda thread.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.