FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Video I find TERRIBLY amusing

Author Topic: Video I find TERRIBLY amusing
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I have mentioned that I've been watching this trippy anime called Gankutsuou. Well I got Ron to watch it with me, and he's hooked. He'll have seen all I have before the week's out, and the fansubbers haven't even finished subbing the last few episodes, so He'll drive me nuts until they do.

He can't stand to wait for things. He used to have to go out and buy me birthday presents at the last minute, because he could never wait to give them to me once he had them. Anyway...

It's roughly based on te Count of Monte Cristo, which I have not read since I was 11 or 12, and Ron hasn't read at all, so he asked me to get it from the library. I did, but it's so thick he wants to just buy it so he can read it at his leisure.

Then, I came across this little gem of a video, which SAYS it's a condensed version of The Count of Monte Cristo, but was obviously done by a girl who has seen the anime, because the characters look exactly like the ones in the anime.

This will probably not be as funny to you as it is to me, but here goes:

http://www.arisugawa.org/lj/condensed.WMV

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
That was really really cute =)

I liked how she was doing an Eric Cartman voice for one of the villians.

[ March 22, 2005, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: The Pixiest ]

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

It inspired me, actually. I think I could do something like that... Especially if I can get the WenchCon footage converted... hmm

*wheels turning*

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
"The count lays the smackdown..."

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
That was awesome.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I love how she did some of the thing like Strong Bad. [Big Grin]

[ March 22, 2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Marvelous. Makes me want to reread The Count of Monte Cristo, which I haven't really thought about since childhood.
She should consider making movie trailers for a living.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
HA! That was awesome. I suddenly want to check out this anime...
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

You can only get it with English fansubbing by bittorrent. I feel like such a tool for getting hooked on it. It has 24 episodes, but only 20 have been fansubbed, so far. I 'm not sure if the 24th has even aired yet in Japan.
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat way to do a book report
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.