FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BobNDanaCon Schedule (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BobNDanaCon Schedule
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized that we are going to have Hatrackers together, in person, on Friday. Which is April Fool's Day.

I don't generally play April Fool's jokes. I like jokes at other times of year much more. But this really kinda scares me, because I'm sure some of you realized this months ago and have been planning accordingly. [Angst]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll third the Chicago airport thing. If you can get to your gate before the boarding call, you did pretty good. That place can be a nightmare.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"But this really kinda scares me, because I'm sure some of you realized this months ago and have been planning accordingly."

For some months now, I have been expecting Dana and Bob to meet us all at the hotel and say something like, "Just kidding."

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

They might say it, but I don't think they'll mean it. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
For some months now, I have been expecting Dana and Bob to meet us all at the hotel and say something like, "Just kidding."
That'd really get my goat.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
He'd have to be a real bastard to do that.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for jack           Edit/Delete Post 
punwit, you have a goat?

Icarus, are you implying he's a fake bastard?

Posts: 171 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
(punwit - if you get on AIM, I could save myself a phone call I keep forgetting to make...) [Smile]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Tee, my man.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Latest Ames forecast:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/IAZ048.php?warncounty=IAC169&city=Ames

quote:

Friday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 51. North northwest wind between 11 and 17 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 33. North northwest wind between 11 and 14 mph becoming light.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low near 42.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 63.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I should probably pack. What am I supposed to be bringing?
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Nylons. Shoes.

Um . . . deoderant. Hairbrush. Toothbrush. Clean underwear.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Don't I still have a toothbrush there from last time I forgot one?

I wasn't planning on wearing nylons, since I'm wearing open toed shoes. Are they required? If so, I'll have to stop at a store...

But seriously... Mom said something about there being a little going out tonight, is it casual? Is there anything besides the wedding proper I need special clothes for? (And my twin set for the rehersal, of course.)

ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh! Am I supposed to be bringing my little chandelier earrings for Krabby? Maybe I should just call, since you're obviously awake..
dkw
Member # 3264

Okay then, don't bring nylons.

Tonight's outing is not planned. Call it slightly less causual than blue jeans, in case we decide to go to a nice restaraunt.

And yes, bring the earings.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Call it slightly less causual than blue jeans, in case we decide to go to a nice restaraunt.
D'Oh!

[Wall Bash]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Or call it blue jeans.
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw, I saw from the forum page that you'd posted in the "leave me alone!" thread. Once I read it, I was fairly certain you weren't screaming leave me alone at the top of your lungs yet.

However, I now wonder. . . you know, how you're doing.

::bestJoeyimitation:: How you doin'? ::/bestJoeyimitation::

Getting a bit stressed out yet?

Just take a deep breath. It'll all be over Saturday night. And nothing earth shattering is going to happen. The sun will come up on Sunday morning. Everyone important will still care about you.

Icarus, are you trying to push her over the edge? [No No]

My husband once forgot to bring his suit to a wedding. Had to buy a new one.

I was also a maid of honor who lost the engagement ring at the church. It was found. [Blushing]

Everything's going to be fine.

How's Bob doing? (Bob, how's Dana doing?)

I've been thinking about you guys. Wondering how nervous y'all were getting. Remember to breathe. I'm sure everyone is telling you that this is supposed to be your day. You should enjoy it. Yet at the same time, they are also telling you what you *should* be doing. And you have your own ideas of what is proper and how you'd like to treat your guests and realize that it's probably too much to ask of anyone and occasionally get crushed by the weight it all. So much pressure. From them, from youselves. Ugh.

But try to have fun. In a few years, it will be nothing more than a funny story (or romantic one, either way, you'll have a good story. Maybe even a little of both.) The wedding will be a memory, but your family and friends will still love you.

Breathe. It'll be okay. Really. (I'm not trying to be one of those people who are telling you what to do, or anything. I mean, you have to breathe anyway, right?)

[Wave]

[Kiss]

[Edit: breath, breathe, all the same thing, right? [Wink] ]

[ March 31, 2005, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Thanks Kayla.

We're okay, really. I'm not stressed out about the cancellation thing, I'm annoyed. And I'm flabbergasted that instead of just telling me he couldn't make it and apologizing he "called to reschedule for later in the month." Um, hello, I asked you for that day FOR A REASON!

[Roll Eyes]

But all will be fine. [Cool]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question related to fun stuff...

Due to an unfortunate case of advanced and terminal lazy/busyness, I didn't get a hotel until today. I can't remember which one I got, but I know that the Hatrack one is filled. O_o Are all of the hotels terribly far from the official Hatrack hotel or no? Because I wanna spend time with my peeps.

Oh, and I wholly expect that all of you do your best to convince my mother to join the forum.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Damn, Kayla. I sure suck. [Frown]

-o-

np, Dana, I just changed into my black jeans. [Wink]

-o-

I don't actually own a pair of slacks, so if one becomes necessary, I'll need directions to a Wal-Mart. [Smile]

dkw
Member # 3264

We're talking about a town of under 50,000 people. Nothing is terribly far from anywhere. The Hatrack Hotel is the only one within walking distance (hence why it's the Hatrack Hotel), but the others are only 5-10 minutes away if you're driving.

Balck jeans count as semi-formal in my book.

dkw
Member # 3264

Oh, and THE FLOWERS ARE HERE!!!

I forgot to get a tall bucket for them, so they're in my mop bucket which is inside an old laundry hamper to give them extra height to lean against. Picture coming soon.

dkw
Member # 3264

Flowers!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

beautiful!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

If the weather's nice, I'll probably walk.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Um. 10 minutes driving = an hour and a half walking. Someone will give you a ride.

[ March 31, 2005, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Dana is being just wonderful! She wisely sent me out on errands so that I would have something to work off my annoying habit of worrying about everything, including stuff I can't do anything about.

I did get her to react impatiently a couple of times today (so far) asking about stuff she can't get to right away but knows needs to be done, and once questioning a decision that'd already been decided.

I really am annoying. I know it. I've been this way my whole life. Ask my mom when you see her. She'll tell you!

But see, Dana is a really, really good person, and hasn't even come close to threatening physical harm.

She's calmly doing church-related work that has to get done today. Later, we're going to help.

Dana's mom is in the kitchen making purple frosting flowers for the wedding cake.

I'm staying out of the way and hoping that she still thinks I'm cute after this is all over.

It might be poofy shirt time soon.

[Eek!]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

We're here!

[Big Grin]

That is all.

Ryuko
Member # 5125

quote:
Um. 10 minutes driving = an hour and a half walking. Someone will give you a ride.
Aww... I have a car, but I need the exercise. I guess ten minutes driving means something vastly different in the city as the country. :/
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Awww! Gorgeous flowers!

Yaaayyyy!

[Smile]

PS: *votes for Bob's poofy shirt

[ March 31, 2005, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The flowers are absolutely stunning.

Ryuko, do you have a non-refundable room at that hotel? Because there's room for one more in Shigosei and mine's room (and I think I can speak for Shig in this case, since there were originally going to be three of us sharing the room). As long as you don't mind a trundle.

Won't work for tonight (I assume you either are there or will be shortly), but would for Friday and/or Saturday.

Let me know if I need to call them and tell them we need the cot (they said one could be added at any time).

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

My flight is in four hours.

My taxi will be here in two and a half.

Think I should finish packing?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
What would you do THAT for? Hey, you DO have ride, right? ElJay told me she emailed you.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
There IS wireless internet access at the hotel. However, in our room, it really will only work in a couple spots. Actually, this one spot on the corner of one of the beds. We're on the top floor, so I imagine we're fairly far away from access points.

But access! Huzzah!

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yes, I have a ride.

Yay for access! On the phone they said there was no access in the rooms, so that's good to know.

I can't finish packing too early. The frozen food would like to stay in the freezer as long as possible. But in about ten minutes, it's getting stuffed in the cooler, which will get stuffed in a bag and surrounded by the clothes and other things that don't fit in my carry-on. Everything is ready to get packed, all together on my bed.

I think it's everything.

And my web access keeps flaking out! [Razz]

rivka
Member # 4859

Somehow or other, I got it all crammed in.

I hope they let me have my carry-on plus computer plus purse . . . (in theory it's computer OR purse)

And I hope the creases in my outfit aren't too bad by the time I unpack.

dkw
Member # 3264

We have irons and ironing boards.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I would indeed be happy to share a room with you, Ryuko.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Packing last minute items to leave in a few minutes - and watching a beautiful sunrise.

(CaySadai - still waiting for you to let me know WHAT TIME tomorrow to pick you up).

Farmgirl

CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl, I'll email you.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

*drums fingers on table*

*wonders if Farmgirl should be taking time to post this morning instead of starting her taxi my way*

[Wave]

ElJay
Member # 6358

dkw and I, sitting at different computers, both just started giggling. We looked at each other's screens and saw was had both just read punwit's post, and started laughing outright. Exact same time. [Big Grin]

See you guys soon!

Icarus
Member # 3162

Mack, that must have been you guys we heard walking down the hall last night!

"Oh, hey, we're at the end of the hall!"

Do you guys want to get together for a late breakfast or an early lunch, assuming we don't have any other sudden duties?

<--- On aim, wireless signal allowing.

[ April 01, 2005, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

punwit
Member # 6388

My ride is here, my ride is here, yayyy!!!
See you all in later this afternoon.

Icarus
Member # 3162

mack, did you lose your connection?
mackillian
Member # 586

Yeah, I got randomly dropped. We're downstairs in the food court if you want to come down!

There's intermittent wireless internet access upstairs, the signal is...weak.

And by weak I mean you're lucky if you can get a bar.

And yeah, that was us last night. [Big Grin]

CaySedai
Member # 6459

I think this thread needs to stay near the top ... and this will make it closer to turning the page ...
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Farmgirl:

I emailed you (again). I will be available anytime tomorrow that you want to pick me up. Just let me know. If I don't hear from you, I will probably call you in the morning. I will be working until 10-10:30 tonight but can be reached at work (scroll down the page, look for the toll-free number in the right-hand column, my extention is 468). Sorry to make it so convoluted, but I'll probably edit this post and take out that info after we have connected.

rivka
Member # 4859

In my room the signal is weak, but it's pretty good on the sofa.

Oh, and Xav and Val and I are here. [Wink]

Addit: Hail, hail, the gang's all here! [Big Grin]

Ok, not all. But three couples, ElJay, and me. That's enough for a gang, right?

[ April 01, 2005, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.