FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! (vent!)

Author Topic: I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! (vent!)
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaagh! I'm in the middle of a rush job animation that a researcher is going to use for a presentation a week from today. I was already nervous, because on this project I have to use someone else's 2D illustrations as the models. I'm a 3D animator, and beyond that, I'm used to having total control over the objects in my animation. Not my ideal setup. But I kept my mouth shut and did what I could to prepare for the project last week, making little "bubbles" that looked flat and such.

So yesterday I get the final illustrations, and they're a mess. It's one big interconnected drawing, but everything looks like it was done by a different person. Some of the outlines are thin and crisp, others are jagged, others are thick, blurry, and sloppy. It doesn't look professional. So I spent all of yesterday afternoon and this morning cleaning up the outlines so they were all a uniform thickness. I imported the illustrations into my animation program, and started the tedious animation process.

I was just handed new versions of the illustrations. With the old sloppy outlines. I do NOT want to redo all of that work.

Grrrr!

And, meanwhile, I left my bank card in the cafeteria ATM this morning. The lunch lady took it, which was very nice of her, but instead of handing it to me, she gave it to my boss, thinking he would see me before she did. Of course, I'm not really on speaking terms with my boss, and as usual, he hasn't been in his office all day. He also hasn't left my card in my unlocked office in the three hours he's had it. It's entirely possible, likely even, that I won't be able to find him before I leave for the day, and I will be without any way of spending money until tomorrow. Assuming he comes in tomorrow, and that he doesn't lose my card between now and then.

[Mad]

Wah wah wah. [Razz]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he doesn't support your opinion about that woman who deserted... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say.......no I don't know what I would say. Ummmmm........try and live through it. Maybe everything will end up okay in the end. [Dont Know]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Get home, take a hot shower or bath, allowing for personal preference and an adult beverage of your choice.

You might as well relax because they're just winding up for tomorrow.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever see Office Space? Valuable lessons in there on what to do to a boss you don't like. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I emailed the illustrator explaining the problems with the sloppy looking lines. I was polite about it, though. She just called me back, and said there was nothing she could do about it, because it's too late for her to start over.

So I'm presented with a choice.... either turn in sloppy work to the client, or redo the line weights, again, myself.

That's an easy choice. [Wink]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.