FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » THE CAPS LOCK THREAD (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: THE CAPS LOCK THREAD
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
HERE WE MAKE MUNDANE SMALL TALK INTERESTING BY USING CAPS LOCK!

HOW BOUT THOSE METS?!

EDIT: CUZ I FORGOT A WORD, OK?

[ March 25, 2005, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
i'M ONTO YOU.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
I removed the caps lock key from my keyboard. I never use it, and I hate accidentally hitting it.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
BAH! NOW THAT DC HAS A TEAM I DON'T HAVE TO BE A METS FAN ANY MORE. THIS IS GOOD NEWS FOR METS FANS, OF COURSE.

GO NATIONALS!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT ABOUT THE METS? I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY I'M A YANKEES FAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE... THEN AGAIN ABOUT 7 MONTHS AGO I USE TO HATE CANADA
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
I remapped my caps lock key to control. Sorry. [Razz]
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
NOW THAT WE GOT PEDRO WE'RE GOING TO BE UNSTOPPABLE.

GO METS.

[ March 25, 2005, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
I THINK THAT PEOPLE LIKE THE METS BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT YANKEES. KINDA LIKE PEOPLE IN IDAHO TAKE PRIDE IN NOT BEING FROM UTAH
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
CAN I JUST HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY AND BE INCLUDED?
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

THERE'S TWO SHIFT KEYS. YOU HAVE TO SPECIFY WHICH ONE YOU'RE HOLDING DOWN, OTHERWISE YOU DON'T COUNT!
Boris
Member # 6935

LEFT SIDE SHIFT KEY. IT'S REALLY CLOSE TO CAPS LOCK.
I JUST TRIED TYPING WITH BOTH HELD DOWN. IT DIDN'T WORK.

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. With both shifts down, only some of my keys work. Observe:

I I POIBE O PE WIH BOH HI OWN BU ON H HE E WOR!

(translation: It is possible to type with both shifts down but only half the keys work!)

Why is this?

Test: BCEGHIMNOPQRUVWXZ

17/26 letters work.

QWER(t)(y)UIOP
(a)(s)(d)(f)GH(j)(k)(l)
ZXCVBNM

And the majority of those that don't are on the second level of keys.

Hm.

[ March 25, 2005, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

I THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH HOW THE KEYBOARD SWITCHES FROM CAPS TO LOWERCASE.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

quote:
And the majority of those that don't are on the second level of keys.
AHEM [Mad]
Teshi
Member # 5024

I went searching but didn't find out anything about the shift key except some smart-aleck who'd written some kind of "answers to questions about the shift key" funny thing.

Ah well.

EDIT: Sorry kai? what was that? is it because I'm not participating? [Wink]

I'M NOT A FAN OF SHOUTING, BUT I'M MOST INTRIGUED WITH THIS SHIFT-KEY ISSUE.

[ March 25, 2005, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

TESHI, CAPS LOCK THREAD! CAPS LOCK!

EDIT: I SHOULD'VE REFRESHED MY WINDOW!

[Group Hug]

[ March 25, 2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

HEE HEE

[Wink]

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
LOUD NOISES
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT WAS THAT? I COULDN"T HEAR YOU!
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

TUT, TUT, MEC. YOU USED THE SHIFT KEY. CHEATER.

[Wink]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
FOR SOME REASON, I NOW MISS SHLOMO.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I'M TYPING WITH THE FOURTH FINGER OF MY LEFT HAND ON THE SHIFT KEY. THEN I RELEASE IT WHEN I NEED TO PUT IN A PERIOD, OR COMMA, OR SOMETHING. IS THAT OKAY?
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
SHIFT KEY. WHAT IS THAT?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
i'M TYPING WITH cAPS lOCK DOWN, BUT NOT CHANGING HOW i USE sHIFT.

sO THERE!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
SOMEBODY PASS THE SALT.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW... I DIDN'T THINK THIS WAS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I AM THE LORD OF ALL CAPS LOCK. I TYPE IN CAPS ALL THE TIME FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER. I DO IT TO ANNOY MY FRIENDS MOSTLY WHEN I AM TALKING TO THEM ON AIM. IT'S PRETTY FUN BECAUSE NOBODY CAN YELL AT YOU FOR NOT CAPITOLIZING THINGS. THAT IS SOMETHING I AM VERY GOOD AT. GRAMMAR ISN'T ONE OF MY STRENGTHS. I WILL PROBABLY SPEND TWENTY MINUTES JSUT TRYING TO CORRECT ALL OF THE MISTAKES I HAVE MADE IN THIS ONE POST.

ANYWAY.....

GO YANKS

[ March 25, 2005, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*pokes head in*

WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING IN HERE?

[Wink]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
BECAUSE THIS IS THE THREAD FOR THE HARD OF HEARING!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
I THINK THERE ARE A LOT OF METS FANS OUT THERE THAT USED TO BE DODGERS FANS, WHEN THE DODGERS WERE ON THE EAST COAST. I'M A METS FAN B/C I WAS BORN TOO LATE TO BE A BKLYN DODGERS FAN.

GO METS. THEY'RE PLAYING THE NATIONALS TODAY, I THINK.

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
HI TATIANA!! IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!!

WHO CARES ABOUT THE METS ANYWAY?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
THEY ONLY SURFACE TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY 13 YEARS OR SO, BUT THAT 13TH YEAR IS SUCH A BLAST!
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
YANKS V. RED SOX TONIGHT..WOO!!!!..I WISH SCHILLING WAS PITCHING THOUGH. SCHILLING V. JOHNSON WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

GO SOX!
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

quote:
WHO CARES ABOUT THE METS ANYWAY?
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
THE QUESTION IS IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR YELLING IN YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU READ THIS? THAT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING INVESTIGATION INTO HUMAN PERCEPTION. I MEAN, WHY DON'T WE CONSIDER italic words as whispering?

[ April 03, 2005, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Occasional ]

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
SITH RULE!
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
ACTUALLY, OCCASIONAL, I HEAR YELLING *AND* I THEN HEARD WHISPERING WHEN YOU SWITCHED TO ITALICS. SCARY.

ALSO, I'M HAVING TROUBLE NOT HOLDING DOWN SHIFT WHEN TYPING 'I'. SHIFT HAPPENS, I GUESS.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

You know, if it were really a caps lock key, it would stay on all caps even when you hit the shift key.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
nOT REALLY. wHAT IT DOES IS PUT THE SHIFTED KEY IN LOWER-CASE.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
iF MY deMANdS ArE NOt MEt, i wiLL HOld THe sHiFT Key aT RAndOM INtERVAlS.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

quote:
nOT REALLY. wHAT IT DOES IS PUT THE SHIFTED KEY IN LOWER-CASE.
Exactly. That merans that things are NOT locked into capitals. In other words, the caps are not locked.

edit: I'm not saying it's a bad design -- I'm just saying that it can't be accurately described as a caps lock.

[ April 04, 2005, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: AntiCool ]

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I DON'T THINK THEY COULD FIT 'CAPS LOCK UNLESS SHIFT IS HELD' ONTO THE KEY.

[ April 04, 2005, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BECAUSE THIS IS THE THREAD FOR THE HARD OF HEARING!
WHAT DID YOU SAY!?????
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

quote:
CAPS LOCK UNLESS SHIFT IS HOLDED' ONTO THE KEY
CLUSIHOTK

It looks like some nasty condition.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
YOUR mom'S A CLUSIHOTK!!!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clusihotk
Member # 7712

- posted      Profile for clusihotk   Email clusihotk         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT DID YOU SAY!?!?

[ April 04, 2005, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: clusihotk ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clusihotk's mom
Member # 7713

- posted      Profile for clusihotk's mom           Edit/Delete Post 
DON'T TALK BACK.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

YOUR MOM IS IN HERE! [Eek!]
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
STOP THAT, PEOPLE, YOU'RE GIVING ME A HEADACHE !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.