FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lime Coke

Author Topic: Lime Coke
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd give it 3.5 stars. It's not the GREATEST, but not the worst. Anyone else try it yet?

Nothing can measure up to Coca-Cola Classic!

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
3.5 stars out of how many?
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Ok I'll just tell you. 5.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it actually have lime in it?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Well ... not like a round green fruit, but you can tell it has lime flavor in it.

[Big Grin]

Im pretty sure it's no pulp added, either [Wink] .

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care for it much.

To me, the two different tastes seem to conflict.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Funny how "lime" no longer means a small round green fruit, eh?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I'ts got a picture of a small green round fruit on it [Dont Know]

You should try it.

Teshi
Member # 5024

I only drink coke if coerced [Smile] .
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Lime Coke? Ewww...

Has anyone else noticed how sprite and seven-up, supposedly lemon lime drinks just taste like carbonated sugar water and have no noticable lemon or lime taste?

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried it - I like it. It's not going to become my preferred drink or anything (I drink diet for the most part) but it's not bad at all.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Bleh! It tastes like a mixed drink gone flat.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I loooove the lime diet coke. I don't like any of the other flavored diet cokes.

I like diet fresca, and that new diet vanilla cherry Dr Pepper, I've only tried that once but it wasn't bad. I like diet Mandarin Slice but they don't seem to have it in Indiana. I haven't tasted diet 7UP lately but it always reminds me of times when I was sick so I usually don't like it for that reason.

Lime diet coke is wonderful.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not bad. It is, in fact, probably my favorite of the diet colas, but the non-diet version doesn't compare to Coke Classic.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
diet vanilla cherry Dr Pepper
Diet Vanilla Cherry Dr. Pepper...

Does anyone else see whats wrong with this picture?

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I have been asking for "Coke no ice with lime" in restaurants for years. Coke with lime the drink is ok, but a far cry from the real thing.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I am not a big coke drinker, but I like lime coke.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Down with any kind of Coca Cola! It's battery acid, people! It rots your teeth, contains tons of sugar, increases your caffeine problem and adds to potential weight problems/health risks. Drink more water! You'll live longer! (well, maybe except if you get hit by a bus or had your eyes pecked out by ravens or something common like that...)
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Put The Lime In The Coke, You Nut
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like Diet Coke with Lime, but every time I have one the first sip makes me think "This might make a good mixer with tequila". I haven't been curious enough to risk the tequila yet, though.

I stopped drinking Sprite and 7-Up shortly after I discovered Diet Sierra Mist, which is undoubtedly the best tasting diet soda on the market and one of the most refreshing drinks I know (next to frozen limonade.)

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't tried it yet, however I love their commercial for it - just because I love that old song..

...You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot' up,..

FG

[ March 28, 2005, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

NOOOOOOOOOOOO....
I've got the dang song in my head and can't get it out!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh............ stop the madness...

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
just to torment Jay:

quote:
Bruder bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime,
His sister had anudder one she paid it for de lime.

She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up
She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up.
She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up
She put de lime in de coconut, she call de doctor, woke 'im up,

Said "doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache,"
I said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache."
Now lemme get this straight,

You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot' up,
You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot' up,
You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot'up,
You put de lime in de coconut, you call your doctor, woke 'im up,

Said " Doctor, ain't there nothing' I can take?"
I said, "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache."
I said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?'
I said, "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache,"

You put de lime in de coconut, you drink 'em bot' togedder
Put de lime in de coconut and you'll feel better,
Put de lime in de coconut, drink 'em bot' up,
Put de lime in de coconut and call me in the morning."

(see - now I have to fix my previous post - I had it wrong)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

No no, not that one!

The new one:
Put The Lime In The Coke, You Nut

Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Never tried it. I have had Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. It tastes weird; it has too many conflicting flavors, like it can't decide what it wants to be. But I tried it because I liked their "Manah Manah" commercial. [Blushing]

[ March 28, 2005, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Verily the Younger ]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had the coke with lime, and I thought about it as a mixer with rum, but haven't gotten that far yet. My kids, however, love the stuff and may drink the entire 12 pack I bought before I get the chance to open the Cap'n Morgan.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Yummy.... nummy. I love the new Lime Coke. Of course, I love lime in most drinks. I prefer lime to lemon in my iced tea. I prefer limeade to lemonade. I add lime juice to Sprite or 7-UP when I can. I am a lime nut. [Big Grin]
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you who are curious, diet coke w/lime is very nice with coconut rum.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.