FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The disease of love : discussion

Author Topic: The disease of love : discussion
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a big thought about love. The conclusion of my internal conference is that love si an unhealable disease. When you get it, you cannot be cured. You stay a healthy "carrier" of it (i don't now the exact word ; in french we say "porteur sain").
You can stay a long time without a symptome of your disease to the person you love. But a little difference in your environment is enough to start it.
And the bad in this disease is the fact that when you feel you are better (after a break) you may suddenly get into the deep hole. Just for a sentence.

The only remedy existing, i think, is to fall in love to another person. You change your disease to another.

What do you think about that ? What's your opinions, Hatrackers ?

[ March 31, 2005, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swede
Member # 7560

- posted      Profile for Swede   Email Swede         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need something else to think about [Wink]
Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm permanently infected. [Kiss]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

I think i am cursed by it. Alone to have this disease is the worst form...
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I SO understand, Choobak. Trust me.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Love is a poet's invention for the express purpose of facilitating the biological need to reproduce.

I have found a cold beer and a colder shower to be an excellent remedy. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Edit: For incomplete thoughts.

[ March 31, 2005, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm infected alright.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Choobak. [Group Hug]
Love is not a disease. Love can be the most beautiful part of your life. I really hope it becomes so for you.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The sucky thing about time is that you just have to sort of wait around while it does its thing.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
You never said a truer word, twink!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Interestingly enough this is quite an old idea. People used to think that people madly in love were suffering from some kind of malady. They were "lovesick". The word "passion" (suffering), of course got applied too; to suffer from love of something or someone.

I don't agree, I'm just passing on my useless knowledge.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

I'd like to appreciate that. And i appreciate the time when i believe in it. But All along my life, this "thing" have made me more bad than happyness. And my too analystic mind wonder if It's like a disease or not. In many criteria, it's possible. But i'm not sure. So i want some exterior view.

And love is so a tentation...

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
It dies eventually. I mean, wanting love doesn't, but....

I was obsessed with a particular person for a really long time. I didn't think I'd ever be able to get over her. And yet now I can think about her without caring, without a big empty hole in all of me. It's one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me, that I recovered. But it is possible.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.