FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random Thoughts That Aren't Important Enough to Make a New Topic About (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Random Thoughts That Aren't Important Enough to Make a New Topic About
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
I was playing Shenmue II on the XBox. I played for several hours without saving (I normally do at night when I sleep [habit from Shenmue I], but it did not give me the oppurtuinty, so I didn't save). It then went to black screen after a cutscene and never returned to the game.

I was ticked.

Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I have really bad cabin fever from being home from college. But I get to leave in a few days.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I've killed four geckos in the last three days. And one big spider. [Eek!]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan Davis really needs to stop recording new albums.

The latest sucks a lot.

The new Disturbed also has only one decent song. And by "decent," I mean "amuses me because it has the word 'hurricane' in it."

Also, I decided today that I am terribly amused by any song involving hos, groupies, or cocaine.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygoose
Member # 1616

- posted      Profile for sillygoose   Email sillygoose         Edit/Delete Post 
quid- why would you kill geckos? That just saddens me. [Frown]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
What's with Spanish? I mean, honestly.

---------

I found Sting in the Christmas decorations part of the dollar store. Frodo's sword Sting. It was sitting amid the wreaths and tinsel.

--------

I really, really wish I had more purple shirts.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Okay, Frodo's sword Sting.

That was totally not my first thought, and I was trying to figure out what was going on.

I need to finish reading sentences when I'm tired.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been listening to "Magic Works" from the Goblet of Fire soundtrack for the last two hours.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
My kittens are trying to keep me from surfing and stitching... and I'm already late on the gift swap!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sillygoose:

Because they're in my house, getting into my food, making a mess, and leaving gecko crap everywhere.

And the body count is now up to five. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonder what my kittens would do with geckos...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

The geckos we have are rarely on the floor. Most of the time, they scurry around on the walls or the ceiling - way out of reach of kitty. I doubt kitty would even see gecko. Oberon rarely notices them.

The other thing is that those suckers are fast. And they jump.

Oh! I forgot! One time, Oberon caught one - it was a year or two ago. Anyway, the tail came off, cuz that's what the tails are designed to do (and then they regenerate the lost tail). So Oberon was stuck with a gecko tail but no gecko.

What a sad state of affairs. [Frown]

[Razz]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
quote:
Originally posted by sillygoose:

Because they're in my house, getting into my food, making a mess, and leaving gecko crap everywhere.

And the body count is now up to five. [Big Grin]

Hey! My kid is in my house, getting into the food, making a mess and leaving crap everywhere.

Would you have him killed, too? [No No]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I named my laptop Oberon. [Smile]

My desktop's name is Puck.

Oberon misses Puck. [Frown] I think he remembers him even though he had his memory erased this summer.

My computers live a soap opera life.

-pH

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Tante - yes, yes, yes, yes I would. [Big Grin]

One of the next novels I write will be about Puck. [Smile] I'm not sure exactly what it's about yet other than setting up the setting for a whole series of novels set in this odd little universe of mine. And it takes place in a bar.

Hmm. I wonder if Oberon will be in it? Nah, probably not. He comes in a later one with Titania.

Eh. Gotta figure it out, gotta figure it out.

Edit cuz I have a real problem getting names straight. [Frown]

[ December 12, 2005, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: quidscribis ]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Like this?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

You can write about my Oberon and Puck.

They don't know that they're both having an affair with an as-yet-unnamed mp3 player. Those naughty electronics.

-pH

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I hope that viruses aren't spread...
quidscribis
Member # 5124

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Like this?

Dunno. Haven't read it yet. But probably not.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else noticed that mint chocolate chip ice creams melts slower than chocolate chip cookie dough?
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
I really need to stop attributing to malice what can more easily be faulted to laziness, incompetence, indifference, or simple error.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I wonder why one side of my body always hurts more than the other.
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
My laptop's Briseis. My green iPod is Elphaba. Briseis is getting old and cranky, and if I don't breed her soon I may be out of a computer. Elphaba is young; in fact, I just got a new black iPod case.

'Cause you know black is this year's pink.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
When requesting money from an organization based in the US, please submit your budget should be in US dollars. Particularly since we are recieving requests in euros, Colombian pesos, Mexican pesos, reais, lempiras and various other currencies and I don't have the time or energy to find the exchange rates.

And don't tell me that a flight from Bogotá to Austin costs $1400 when I can easily find flights for the same dates for $700.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I hate insomnia. [Frown]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
* I think they should make fruit-flavored tooth brushes.

* I just hit my funny bone on the arm of the chair I'm sitting in.

* It burns when soda comes out your nose.

* Christmas is only ten days away.

* I'm going to become a vegetarian for Lent.

* My church lost our pastor of fifteen years.

* Finals started today at my school.

* I have a sleeping problem.

* The "w" in my last name can be flipped upside down to be the "m" in my name.

* I'm just making up random things to put on here.

* I've been considering becoming a Scientologist for awhile. But I don't think anything will come of it because for awhile I was going to be Buddhist. And before that I was going to be Atheist. And before that I was going to become Hindu. And before that I was going to be Catholic. And before that I was going to Buddhist. And before that, and now, I'm Lutheran.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
My laptop, desktop, and car all remain nameless.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I think I may have just gotten in contact with this kid from my Jamboree troop who was, and still is, completely awesome. I think I got in contact with him. I think.

Either that or I'm e-mailing someone I don't know...

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I have a headache. I get them when I've had insomnia. I'm tired of headaches.
Risuena
Member # 2924

[Confused] There's a band playing in the laundromat across the street.

Weirdest concert venue ever.

And it's a good thing I'm not doing laundry tonight.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray, this thread is back! Funny, but just a few days ago I was wondering what had happened to it.

--

If Gates McFadden of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" married Bill Gates of Microsoft, she'd be Gates Gates.

--

I've been thinking and thinking and thinking and I just can't decide which name I like better for a son: Justin Hayward or Marcus Aurelius. Good thing I don't have a child on the way.

--

If the gas that is expelled in flatulence had color to it, making it impossible to disguise who had done it, would that increase or decrease the social stigma attached?

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

My gorgeous car's name is Colin.

As in Farrell.

My best friend named him. He is very sexy.

-pH

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I got 4 A's this semester! Out of 4 classes! Yay! Almost done with school!
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'm very good at impromptu speeches.
Risuena
Member # 2924

Relating to my earlier post about people requesting money, it's hard to come up with a letter that tells people we really want them to come to our conference while also telling them that we don't have any money to give them. Particularly when it's obvious that the person will be unable to come unless we pay for everything. And it's even harder to write that letter in Spanish or Portuguese.

I feel so mean. [Frown]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

I slept well last night. Really well.

Wow.

aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm feeling ignored.
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Aiua, why are you feeling ignored? And this post just proves that you aren't being ignored, so I hope the feeling goes away... Or something... [Frown]

-----

I need to go shoe shopping.

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm watching the Stargate: Atlantis midseason finale and thought they were talking about Jedi (they were actually saying "Genii").

I've also had a bottle of wine in the past two hours [Big Grin]

I am also about to reformat my computer. I think it's better if I do it while slightly intoxicated, so that if I mess up, I can blame the alcohol. Heaven knows I don't want to mess up whilst sober.

I also, finally, apologize for this. I don't normally post tipsy. But I wanted to get out a good-bye for now before I completely screw my computer.

Toodles! Hope to be back in a few...

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

I'm a freaking idiot.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm freezing cold.

*shivers*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I just stabbed myself with a fork. It was the damndest thing; It was sitting on the side of a plate, perched precariously at the edge of my desk. My arm inadvertently dislodged it, and as it tumbled to the ground I followed it, catching it, tine side up, just as the bottom reached the ground. It was slightly painful and I feel like an moron.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
a moron - not "an" . . .

*hands dante a band-aide*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I changed it from idiot because Dr Strangelove's post end in the word idiot too and I thought it'd be weird.

There's no blood just a lingering sense of embarrassment. But thanks anyway.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Sigh. I hate it when I'm lightheaded. I end up dropping things and having to clean up broken glass and stuff. It sucks.
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
I work from 4:30 am to 5 pm for the next two days. UGH!

...and I am STILL on hatrack late at night [Frown]

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

And now, I'm going to go install Mambo and Dag's recipe component (although updated by someone else) onto my recipe site and be done with my former, not as organized, not as nice, recipe organization.

And then play with the templates that always seem to get screwed up for me. [Frown]

But eventually, it'll be better than what I presently have. [Big Grin]

JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Wanted to respond to this, but I didn't want to derail the thread.

Originally posted by KetchupQueen:
quote:
Pfffft. I only wash my hair once or twice a week.
I KNEW there was something that wasn't getting done! [Razz]
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Am I the only one who can't stop laughing at Nelly?

And Paul Wall. I couldn't figure out what his name was for the longest time.
"What it do, baby. It's the ice man Pow Wow."

*giggle*

-pH

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Um, I don't even know who those people are, pH. [Dont Know]

-----

The new maid starts today. The old maid hasn't been here since before my sister and the kids were here, so September. She's gone awol since - can't find her, can't get ahold of her. Although her sisters know where she is and all, so it sounds like she's fine, just doesn't want to work or something.

So we told our trishaw driver that we needed someone, and he brought by this woman, Thilika, yesterday, and she's working for us today.

We'll see how it goes. I hope it goes well.

Except she speaks no English.

It could be interesting. [Eek!]

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.