FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Deathmatch! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack Deathmatch!
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay vs. King of Men!

Who do you think would win?

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Jay is an alter ego made up by KoM to discredit Christians. Or KoM is an alter ego made up by Jay to discredit atheists. [Wink]

[ April 01, 2005, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny I thought Dag was an alter ego of Beverly, but I wasn't sure why.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
The title of this topic reminds me of Celebrity Deathmatch. I miss that show.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that I would win. [Razz]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Or they are each other's anti-particle and if ever the twain shall meet, they will both instantaneously annihilate each other.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

That's the idea, Da_Goat! [Big Grin]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I think that might just be it! [Razz]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Where does OSCfan fit in to all this?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'm not sure....... [Dont Know]
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Monkeys]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Really, Dan? You know Dag's a guy, right?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I didn't know Dag was a guy for awhile so it really wouldn't suprise me.
beverly
Member # 6246

But Dan's been around for yonks. You're fairly new, so it's understandable.
FriscoProofKatAlias
Member # 7691

- posted      Profile for FriscoProofKatAlias   Email FriscoProofKatAlias         Edit/Delete Post 
What are the rules? We are sitting in Banna's living room, ready to make bets once we know the nature of the contest.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Maybe he did but he thought you were a guy? Maybe he didn't know you were a girl? That is possible is it not? [Dont Know]
beverly
Member # 6246

[Wink] Sure, it's possible, just less likely.

Dagonee sounds more feminine than beverly sounds masculine.

[ April 01, 2005, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
It would not matter. They both would claim the title.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

This is a democracy. They don't get to decide. [Razz]

Kat, we just have to wait for them to show up and duke it out. Or someone could dramatize the scene for us. There are soooo many people here who could do that better than I. [Wink]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

But see, I've met a guy named Beverly, at a Boy Scout camp. So it is possible that Dan knows one. You have to leave every possibilty open for consideration.
beverly
Member # 6246

A guy named Beverly? Is that like the guy named Sue? [Wink]
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
I know several boys name Dakota which is kinda like a boy named Sioux, which sounds like a boy named Sue.
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Dagonee sounds more feminine than beverly sounds masculine.
I'm secure enough in my masculinity to feel no threat from that.

How YOU doin'?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I've met a guy named Sue also. Anything is possible. In the immortal words of the Adidas people," Impossible is Nothing."

[ April 01, 2005, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*renames Dagonee DagonJoey*
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

*happily eats a spoon of jam*
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Does that mean you don't like Peanut Butter then? [Razz]
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Or surup made from a Silver Tree?
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

THat would be light syrup, right?
beverly
Member # 6246

BTW, I am totally flattered that anyone would mistake me for Dagonee. [Smile] [Blushing]
beverly
Member # 6246

Ooo, Telp, did you mean to sound naughty there?

[Monkeys]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
While we wait for them to show up, I'm going to perform my classic act of trying to understand both sides by taking on... myself!

The crowd is going wild here in the HatMatch Auditorium as Chris enters the ring and immediately begins a devastating attack on organized religion. Ooh, that quote from Chesterton had to hurt! But Chris rebounds on the ropes and fights back with an inciteful statement regarding the church's role in civilizing humanity. Look's like Chris is in real trouble now, folks! I've never seen such a brutal... wait! Wait! Is he... he is! Chris is beating himself savagely about the head and shoulders with humanist logic! This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, folks, and I once watched a pair of Siamese twins get into a fistfight over the capital gains tax!

We'll be right back after this.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

[ROFL]
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to see my use of Chesterton is finally catching on... go Chris! no... the other one!

(and you forgot to credit the late, great Graham Chapman for the idea...)

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Last hatrack deathmatch was between Donny Osmond, Billy Joel, and... uh.. was it Bono and John Lennon?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A guy named Beverly? Is that like the guy named Sue?
It was probably the "Ask a 27-year-old male homosexual" thread that you started.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

If we've had our Deathmatch, it sure wasn't much of one. Jay backed out without much of a fight with some half-hearted excuses and KoM returned with a foul.
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
*Enters the ring*

Since Jay isn't here, I declare myself the winner on a walkover. Or a default. Or whatever the technical name is for the other guy not showing up.

More seriously, at least I can post arguments other than "you're biased!"

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Trisha: That must be it. [Razz]
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
KoM: I believe the word you are looking for is "forfeit".
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Forfeit, right you are.

*Takes up 'Champion of the World' pose, hands over head*

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
THat would be light syrup, right?
*groans and dies, while giving Dag a high-5 for the Tolkien reference*
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
There was some discussion of this exact topic at BobnDana Con. The consensus was that Jay would become so incensed at the Blasphemy issuing from KoM's mouth that he would spontaneously explode. [Wink]
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*sits down with a bag of popcorn next to Jim-Me to watch the match*

(glad to see you back, btw)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
*jumps into the ring, intending to choke out the first one that turns his back to him*
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where does OSCfan fit in to all this?
I believe OSCFan is BannaOj.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*

That is a good one. I now suggest a death match between BannaOJ and Icarus. [Razz]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

::pulls AJ's temp-curls until she cries::
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Better watch out. She'll sic the dogs on you.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

How long are these deathmatches? I'm sure those puppies won't grow up in time to be of any use! [Razz]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.