FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who is eating tuna in the library at this hour?

Author Topic: Who is eating tuna in the library at this hour?
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously. It's all I can smell.

I love tuna, but at 9:30 in the morning, no thanks!

Come to think of it, I guess I'm like that when it comes to most non-breakfast food smells in the morning. I had an office-mate a couple years ago who got up early enough that her lunch time ended up being around 10 AM. She would microwave things like spaghetti, and I'd have to leave the office because the smell would make me nauseous.

Anyone have trouble with certain food smells in the morning, or am I just...special? [Razz]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing]

I have, upon occasion, enjoyed sardines in mustard for breakfast.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

See, here's the thing: I have absolutely no trouble with other folks having non-breakfast foods for breakfast...as long as I don't have to smell 'em. [Big Grin]

So, sardine away, CT! ...I'll just be sure not to be near you when you're doing it. [Wink]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty scrupulous about not offending others with my culinary odours. I only eat sardines when my sweetie is out of town. Sardines remind me of my father, though, and so bring back some very deep and cherished memories.

When I eat on a plane or train, I confine myself to things like trail mix or cheese and crackers. It is a sacrifice, but I offer it up to the souls in Purgatory, so there you go.

*grin

[ April 03, 2005, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

[Smile]

Those of us with sensitive tummies in the morning thank you.

Lord help me if I ever get pregnant; I'm gonna be sick all the time, aren't I?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

I always prided myself on my iron tummy-- nothing bothered me.

Then I got pregnant, and for 5 1/2 months, I couldn't smell ranch dressing or think of a peanut without running to the toilet to throw up. (And yet some foods I had always despised, I suddenly craved.) Then for the next 4, I had heartburn no matter what I ate-- and peanuts still nauseated me. (The vomiting did not stop on its own; the doctor gave in and gave me a prescription for anti-nausea medication.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

You know, KQ, this just reaffirms my commitment to never be pregnant. [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Which is fine with me. [Smile] My almost-step-sister always says that she might consider having more kids than two (which is what she currently wants) if there weren't people like me who want 6 or more. Maybe I'll just tell her I'm having your share. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(And yet some foods I had always despised, I suddenly craved.)
Yep, that's how I got over my absolute detestation of broccoli and cauliflower. My sister freaked out when she saw me eating broccoli with cheese from a Green Giant boil-in-bag before going to work one night.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not the smell that bothers me - but the fact that someone is eating in the library! [Eek!]

Is nothing sacred?

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I should explain that when I said "library," I meant IU's information commons. It's in the library, and part of the library, but not exactly the library per se. Most of it is taken up by computer labs.

They were originally going to try to keep the food out, but now they just try to keep people from eating whole meals here. It doesn't always work, but they try.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the difference between a radio and a piano? You can tune a radio, but you can't tune-a-fish!

ug ug ug ug

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chel
Member # 7674

- posted      Profile for chel   Email chel         Edit/Delete Post 
SO punny [Laugh]
Posts: 90 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
That's it, now I have to pull out my REO Speedwagon music for tonight. =)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
There are always strange smells in a library, especially an old campus one. Mine always smelled of must, mold, and, well, pee. Ok, I did go to a party school....
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.