FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BobNDanaCon wrap-up: Follow-ups, stories, and picture links. :) madowl link on page 2 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BobNDanaCon wrap-up: Follow-ups, stories, and picture links. :) madowl link on page 2
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see the posable couple on the cake - didn't see the cake at all until it was brought around on plates ... but it was delicious!!!

and the posable couple at the church ... all I can say is Nathan is a very naughty guy.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Hhmm....the vast majority of the salacious Frisco pictures have been taken by guys, including the one on foobonic by which Dana and ElJay's mother recognized him.
--kat

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well, I didn't dance with him.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Unless you were mooning her, I seriously doubt Mom recognized you from your foobonic pic.

Edit to add: I just realized this looks like I'm saying Mom's looked at that pic enough to recognize you from it. I certainly didn't mean to imply that, as I have no idea if she has or not. [Wink]

Edited again: Just noticed that was kat posting as Frisco, which screws up all my pronouns. Ah well.

[ April 04, 2005, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hhmm....the vast majority of the salacious Frisco pictures have been taken by guys,
That's because he never shows up half naked around the rest of us with cameras!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Why, that almost sounds like a request, Farmgirl.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Re the foobonic pics. ludosti, could you remove that last one (#32) of me, please?

And I'm thinking you might want to add a "y" to caption #28 . . .

I had a great time! Thank you to Bob and Dana for giving us the excuse [Wink] ; to ElJay for coordinating rides, coolers, and general cat-herding -- in addition to all her sister-of-the-bride duties; to Val and Xav for rides to and from the airport; to my roommate Shigosei for putting up with me; and to all of y'all for being there and being so much fun to spend time with.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Finally! I have made it to a computer with a connection!

I have so much to say and so little time to say it (the library at school closes soon).

rivka-it was our pleasure (as was eating that awesome sandwich from that kosher deli in Des Moines). You were just as wonderful as I thought you would be!

DanaNBob-What a party! Thank you so much for inviting Xavier and I. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more, just a "Hi, I'm Val. *hug* Congrats." I know we'll meet again at the next Con.

MackNNathan-you two were great to hang out with. Nathan-thanks for answering all of my "Mormon questions" [Big Grin] When Xav and I brush up on our fencing, make sure to bring your gear to the next get together.

kat-not sure I got a chance to mention it, but I loved the outfit you wore to the wedding, I stared enviously all through the reception and thanks for the wonderful breakfast conversation at Village Inn.

While I have a lot more to say, I have time only to say one last thing.

I'd like to name my favorite Hatracker at this time.

Mooselet- [Kiss] You are very lucky your parents didn't leave me alone with you or you would have a new home in Nebraska by now!! Why didn't anyone warn me how wonderful this child was?!

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I have to know... What was the first song that BobnDana danced to as husband and wife?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

"Wise men say, only fools rush in..."

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I loved Fools Rush In.

Hey, wait a second. Dana's not pregnant, is she? [Evil Laugh]

Everyone looks so nice! I'm so glad y'all had a good time.

So, how did it go? No disasters? No one forgot the rings? The caterer showed up with the right food? It didn't rain on everyone?

Dish folks.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE that song.

I forgot to say that.

Anyway, I've got the photos pared down to 764 that I'm even going to look at in Photoshop. [Razz]

I think what I'll do is get all the photojournalistic type ones done first, then go for the formal shots, since bobndana are in london for awhile.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yes, do that, why don't you? Wanna see mack-pics. [Big Grin]
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
No disasters - except that I forgot to give Dana the "lucky sixpence" for her shoe -- the one I had in my shoe almost 37 years ago at my wedding. [Frown]

Otherwise, the wedding was fantabulous! Thank you, Hatrackers, for coming, for being soooo nice, for accepting Posable Nurse and me into your "fraternity," and if you couldn't be there, for sending the good vibes that permeated the weekend.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
PS

Thank you, too, for posting pictures. I was kinda busy and didn't take many . . .

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

KP, I don't think I had a chance to tell you that I loved your dress. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this is what I'll do. Every time I go through the alphabet labeling pics for the web, I'll upload those 26 here

...and the first 26 are up.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my. They are so lucky to have an artist for their photographer.

More! hurry!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile] Those are lovely, Jamie.

Liz, don't rush her. She'll feel pressured, and spook. [Wink]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this one.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

That is a good one. I like the way it features the ring. [Wink]

Leave it to mack to highlight the fact that he's taken. [Big Grin]

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, very feminine pose, Nate. Shows off your sensitive side. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
mack, I know you get told this a lot, but I have to say you really are an amazing photographer.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*blush*

Okay, the next 26 are up, and I'm going to stop editing for tonight.

Icarus
Member # 3162

I only see up to zs. [Confused]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Sorry, gallery remote is still uploading. *kicks gallery remote*
Icarus
Member # 3162

I like that the zillionth picture of nate (captioned "HOW does he end up in so many of the pictures?!") is labeled zz.

[Razz]

CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the only "hitch" in the wedding was when the ring bearer got shy and wouldn't go up the aisle until the bridesmaids did. Not knowing who was who for the most part, but going by names from the program, I'm guessing the ring bearer was waiting for mom/sister/aunt/cousin or some such relation ...

Anyway, it was a cute moment.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Mom and sister were both bridesmaids... I think he went down with Mom.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Who made that comic, it's great!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Bob The Angry Flower

Brian commissioned it from the artist of one of his favorite web comics.

rivka
Member # 4859

I knew I recognized that flower! [Big Grin] It's great!
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Dana likes Bob the Angry Flower? [Eek!]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Why is this such a surprise?
twinky
Member # 693

I thought she was the good sister.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

It's a relative designation.
rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL]
twinky
Member # 693

*snarf*
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Wink]
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey ElJay, this seems a good place, as you've recently posted here -- check your hotmail email.

And everyone else, I can vouch that ElJay is clearly the bad sister, who wantonly assaults innocent guys with dangerous bundles of nature.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess BobnDana Con is officially over for me. I put Frisco on the bus this morning before work. I'm going to have to catch up on sleep before I actually feel the post-con blues.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmmm. Hotmail apparently thinks you are junk. I have informed it otherwise. [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

How does it feel about me?
ElJay
Member # 6358

I've gotten messages from you before, so it already knew you are allowed. [Smile] But you have my not-for-posting-on-the-internet addy, so I'm not sure why you used Hotmail. [Razz] I'll probably go to the post office tomorrow... now mack's the only one who's address I still need.
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to hug everyone. I'm glad that coming home is a pleasure, but I had so much fun and I wish it was still going on.

Time to go through five dozen photos.

Farmgirl, I think that's actually the key. Eddie KNOWS that stripping in front of the girls is going to generate uncomfortable attention, but he thinks he's safe with the guys. To the men, I have to say thank you. You do love us, after all. [Wink]

[ April 05, 2005, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Lady Jane ]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[ROFL]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god that comic is awesome. I would have completely FREAKED OUT had I been there.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Like we don't already have a video of Abby freaking out. [Wink]

The next 26 were just uploaded.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I really really really really love your monochromes.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Me too.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.