FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Moving to Utah (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Moving to Utah
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
<---- snarky Bulls fan
It's a good thing you pointed that out. I'm not sure I would have picked up on that. [Wink]
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Hence many people's dislike of smileys. It's easy to use them as crutches. [Razz]

Narnia, I remember that call. Stockton (or was it Hornacek?) had released the ball long before the shot clock expired. The ball went through the hoop, but it didn't count because the ref whistled it. That created a big enough point swing that the Bulls clinched that game.

I think any win against the Bulls during those championship series was pivotal. The Bulls were so good, and I hated them for that. But I had to respect them. They were amazing to watch. Jordan's final jump shot was beautiful. There was no way the Jazz or any other team were going to beat them.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. I'm not a big enough Jazz fan anymore to argue with any sort of real conviction.

I don't remember which game it was (or even which year), but I distinctly remember a game that turned on a couple of questionable calls. afr mentioned one; the other was pretty much the reverse. Someone on the Bulls fired off a buzzer-beater shot that looked like it didn't quite leave his hands before the buzzer. And of course, this was shortly after they discounted the Jazz player's shot, which actually did leave his hands before the buzzer.

But ultimately, the Jazz are just too inconsistent. Even at their best, they're prone to really sucking it up (like losing by 40 points in a championship game). It's just too frustrating to watch.

[ April 05, 2005, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Snarky ]

Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hammer, I really agree with the soup kitchens comment, they are very good here. (But not enough to make me want to stay.)

I find Utah crowded because I used to live on the cascades in Washington. (To any who might be interested, Snohomish, lived in the mountains fairly close to Mt. Baker... like maybe 40 miles?) Very isolated where I lived, there were about 9 people on our street, then it was a mile before the next street of people... oh I loved it there.

Utah Mormons, as Baker said are the nicest and kindest people you can meet. However, when I'm around them, they're always being judgemental. (This is personal experience for where I live.)

quote:
2) they won't try to convert you unless you ask them too. Although, you can expect several warm loaves of fresh bread when you move in. Cookies are also in abundance. They love what they have and will tell you if you ask.
They will at times. Adults are usually much nicer about it and just look over it giving kind of a 'Oh well, you're just different' shrug. Fellow peers at my age will, as I said, throw the Book of Mormon at me. (No joke.) And try to force me to read and believe in its teachings.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I've heard that they do try to convert and that they don't. I guess I'll just have to see when I go there.

[ April 05, 2005, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan K. ]

Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.