FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm an #$#@$ God expert and its all your fault

Author Topic: I'm an #$#@$ God expert and its all your fault
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
It happened with my wife and computers. Because our friends are computer consultants, engineers, or guru's she was always bored with our computer talk. However, after years of sitting in on the conversations, she went to work one day and started answering a few questions others had.

Suddenly everyone at her office considered her the computer expert.

I am no expert on Christianity. However, in the threads that have popped up here I have read carefully and formed an opinion here and there. When those opinions were strong enough I posted them.

I have a way with words at times, and I enjoyed a few of those posts, so I took advice from other posters, edited those thoughts, and when the were sweet enough, I sent them off to a small e-magazine called " Issues-Mag.com "

Now I sent in humourous stories, and political editorials, but on occasion I've sent a few discussions on religion.

Yesterday I sent in two more articles (Daylights Personal Savings Plans and Schaivo--The Reality Show, both based off of posts from here). Their responce was, "These are great and we'll put them in, but, what can you do on the death of the Pope."

I'm their religion expert or their Christianity expert now and they are requesting an article on the biggest Christian news story of the year.

AND I BLAME ALL OF YOU FOR TURNING ME INTO THIS!

I hope you are happy.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
But will they pay you? [Big Grin]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
You're no grammar expert, though. #$#@$ begins with a consonant and therefore takes 'a', not 'an'.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
That's kind of amusing.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Not reaally amusing, just kinda.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
kinda, or kind of?
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
kinda sorta o'course
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Soooo - what CAN you do with the pope?

[Razz]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong person. They meant to ask Walt Disney.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome!

Hatrack - making people look good everywhere. [Smile]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
[Dont Know]

At least they want your stuff!

[Cool]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Agnostic kind of fits my beliefs, or perhaps Non-Church Belevier would be better. However, since I am not Christian I am certain this comes closer to where I belong than many of the Christian threads.
Let me get this right, Dan -- you posted the above in the agnostic thread.

So you're an agnostic, or at least a non-Christian, and they are asking your opinion on, as you called it, a major Christian event? What viewpoint exactly were they after?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
FG--Its a liberal leaning site and I dare to mention God and Jesus and Christians without degrading them or faith in general.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
congrats!

yes, I am happy, although I personally had nothing to do with it I'm sure...

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
King of Men- I laughed out loud.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.