FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Carrie's Party Planning - Vana & Lime? Preggers People? Last call! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Carrie's Party Planning - Vana & Lime? Preggers People? Last call!
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Well duh, everybody knows you guys are crazy serial killers. Especially Sophie, that little innocent baby thing is just a ploy.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
So did you guys check your calendar, Tom? You free?

Edit: *snarf* This was NOT supposed to show up under fugu's post!

[ April 07, 2005, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
The 18th would be good for me.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

You were psychically aware I was going to post and intending to edge it out? Wow, ElJay, I already knew you were cool, but I didn't know you were a mindreader!

[Wink]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I didn't. *sheepish* We're leaving tonight for DC. My head is just not goether. (and I'm going to leave that horrible misspelling just to show how not together my head is...n't...is.)
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Alternately, assuming too many people are trying to shove into AJ's van, any two people who can make it to Rockford (we have Greyhound) can ride with Dan and myself (assuming we can go - it's too far from the date to absolutely commit).
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll go if blacwolve goes, and space opera you might be able to get to us (if you're two hours south of indy, you're about an hour from here, though if I remember right, probably over south of columbus.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*grin* No worries, Christy. You'll be back before dkw & Bob can weigh in, anyway.
ElJay
Member # 6358

So, are there things we want to do, or is this going to be one of those hang in the hotel, play games, and go out to eat occasionally gatherings? Carrie? Whatcha think?
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
If last summer's any indication, the weather in June will be beautiful, so outside on the Terrace (of one of our student Unions on campus) is always fun and relaxing - and I'm 90% sure the Film committee shows outdoor movies weekend evenings. There are two Madison Mallards games that weekend, and I've been told that those are more fun than most MLB games. ::looks into calendars online:: Ooo, Fondy's having Greekfest... and Eagle River's hosting a lot of crap... aww. I think the "Cheese League" will be in session around the state, but that's for us football-crazy people.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head, I'll see what I can come up with. It, like most things, will probably be heavily weather-dependent.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The Mallards rock. And while I love the Terrace, I think we should take Carrie somewhere off campus. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmmmmm. I will be part of the not-attending-baseball contingent. I think it's looking like we'll be big enough that we can split up for awhile if we need to. If nothing else, I shall bring some sewing. Or perhaps there will be a mint julep available, if I ask around. [Wink]

Baseball makes me grumpy. But I certainly will not begrudge anyone who enjoys it the game. [Smile]

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Eljay, while they're off watching baseball, we could have a stitch n (rhymes with) witch! I don't go ANYWHERE without at least a small project in my purse!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

There's life off campus?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Yeah, you're definitely leaving campus [Razz]

A rousing night of shuffleboard will teach you how fun life can be.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm in town, I will definitely at least stop by. Carrie is one of my favorite Hatrackers. [Smile]

I have a conferenceon the weekend of June 25, but otherwise looks good.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*bump* 'cause Dana & Bob are back... your choices, my dears, are 6/4 - 6/5 or 6/18 - 6/19.

[Smile]

[ April 17, 2005, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*wondering when it's taking place* [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Chiming in. Either weekend works fine for me, as long as I can find transportation. I can probably borrow mom's car, but I won't know for sure until it gets closer. Worse case scenario, I'll take a train or a bus up to either AJ's or Julie/Dan's neck of the woods.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I would like to make the trip, but here's my problem, I can't afford to drive there because of the gas prices and I can't make heads or tails of the amtrak site... [Confused]

oh what a headache... um, which Madison station should I be looking at to arrive at if I take the train Madison UW Memorial Union, or Madison South?

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

bump [Wave]
Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

um bump again... [Blushing]
ElJay
Member # 6358

BotaLagyG, where would you be coming from? I don't know the answer to the train station question, although I'm sure if it's within Madison someone will be able to pick you up. But if you can get to one of the other "clumps" of people you might be able to ride along, and make the trip part of the fun!

dkw & Bob, you out there? I think you're all we're waiting for to make the call... although Christy & Tom haven't really said one way or another, either. *goes to change title*

Carrie
Member # 394

Ha, I saw my name and freaked out before I realized what this was [Blushing]

I'd like to propose that the weekend be set as the 18/19 June. Let's hear thoughts!

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
BotaLadyG, I believe you would be taking an Amtrak bus, most likely VanGelder to Madison. There aren't any train stations at Union or Madison South. I'm sure someone could pick you up from either location.

I still have no idea when Tom's cousin's wedding is. That is the only thing we have planned for June, however, and we're not sure we're going yet, so I guess the 18/19 sounds good [Smile]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mayfly
Member # 7870

- posted      Profile for Mayfly           Edit/Delete Post 
The closest Amtrak station (this is stupid, I know, but it's likely politics) is at Baraboo (Wisconsin Dells), I believe. About a 45 minute drive, and the place will drive you nuts if you aren't into the commercial theme park thing.

When I travel by train, I Van Galdar it from Madison back and forth to Chicago's Union Station (Amtrak). Cheap, easy, safe, comfortable, reliable.

Posts: 123 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Baraboo is, indeed, annoying, but I think I go through there on my way to Madison, so depending on the timing I might be able to pick you up. Or if AJ's car isn't full you could come in with the Chicago crowd.
Mayfly
Member # 7870

- posted      Profile for Mayfly           Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, you would indeed go right past Baraboo on your way in. On the other hand, I would also be happy to drive out there to pick someone up.

I just got The Look from Dave once when he got stuck there for three hours (I couldn't get off a shift as fast as I thought, and he had to wait at the Dells). I think the Dells are probably great if you are planning to go there, though. Seems like a fun family thing.

Posts: 123 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
June 18/19 sounds good so far, I just need to double check the dates with my parents for childcare. And BotaLadyG, if it does work out for me, I can pick you up at Union Station in Chicago and we can drive together?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

I would be coming from Toledo. If I could hitch a ride from Chicago that would work out too because if I'm not mistaken all the trains that I looked at had stay-overs in Chicago anyways...

Edit: Ah, I think I just figured out why there are stay-overs... I come into Chicago on a train and go to Madison on a bus..(**insert dunce hat here**)

Can you tell I have never taken any kind of mass Transport anywhere in my life (other than school busses obviously) [Blushing]

[ April 26, 2005, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: BotaLadyG ]

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I recently worked a bar shift at the Woodfield. For compensation, they gave me a free night certificate to any hotel they already had laying around. We chose the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace. It was the only Madison-area hotel they had, and it certainly looked nice. We'll be using the certificate that weekend (if its available).
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

No need for a dunce hat, BLG, I live here and go through that station 10 times a week, and I still wouldn't have figured that out easily. Amtrak isn't very forthcoming with information on some of their routes.
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

can I get a BUMP?! [Wave]

Of I don't bump it I will never be able to find it again.. [Blushing] (and thanks Goody, I feel a little better, I have been 'studying' the Amtrak site to figure out what it all means)

Nicole

ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile]

I'm glad I've got another Hatrack gathering to look forward to.

I had e-mailed dkw to stop in, but Mom reminded me today she's out of town, so I just e-mailed Bob instead. He's probably more reliable, anyway. [Wink]

ElJay
Member # 6358

I heard back from Bob, and he and dkw are both traveling, so he can't make a firm call. But they might be moving 6/18. And of course he said to go with what was best for everyone else, and they'll make it if they can.

Reading back through the thread, Space Opera, you look to be the only one with potential problems on the 6/4 weekend... have you guys decided when your Disney vacation will be yet? If you won't be able to make 6/4, then I say we go with 6/18 and cross our fingers the Scopatzi will be able to make it, but if you'll be free the earlier weekend I wouldn't mind doing it then, if it works for everyone else.

[Smile]

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Completely unrelated to this, but can you email me ElJay? My address is in my profile.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
We are leaving on the 3rd of June for our vacation. However, please don't change it for me if it's more convenient for everyone else to do the earlier date. I'd actually be willing to change our vacation week, but my kids are going on another vacation with my ex at the end of June, so we're pretty much locked into the beginning of the month so that they'll get a break between vacations. [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ah, but it's not better for everyone else... it's too far out for Bob & Dana to know for sure, and no one else seems to care one way or the other. And they're actually not positive they could come either way.

So I think that cements it to the weekend of the 18th! Let's talk plans and hotels...

I checked the hotel PC linked to, and it's about $160/night. That's a little rich for my blood, unless we're packing the rooms to capacity and beyond. Are we going to be enough people that we could get a group rate? I suppose I could check and see who's said they're probably coming... Locals, are any of you likely to stay at the hotel?

fugu13
Member # 2859

I sort of like the weekend of the 18th . . .
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, here's my list. Many are tentitive, but that's to be expected this far out.

Locals:

Carrie
Christy & Tom
CT

Not locals:

Primal Curve &... I can't remember your spouse's handle. [Blushing] I want to say it's Rackham's Razor, but I'm not sure, she might be married to some other hatracker.
fugu
Stray
Good Scrivener
Banna Oj
Vana
Lime
Space Opera
Jenny Gardener
Ryuko
blacwolve
breyerchic04
xnera
BotaLadyG
dkw
Bob_Scopatz
ElJay

Am I missing anyone?

Carrie
Member # 394

This local will most likely not stay at a hotel. [Big Grin]
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*so incredibly tempted*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

kat and rivka, you can just put in a notification alert for cheap tickets, you know. In fact, if it's cheaper to fly into Minneapolis, I bet I could do some vehicle bartering with one of my parents so I had room to drive us all to Madison, if more than one of you did so. (I doubt either of you would like to ride six hours in the back of my pick-up.)
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

I'm boycotting weddings after this year. This is the second Hatrack event I have to miss for someone else's wedding.

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
If the tickets were FREE, I could not go that week. June is a very busy month for me, and that's the weekend right after school is over. Grading and such will be occupying the majority of my time.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...that's the weekend of my birthday. Maybe I can go if tickets are very, very, very cheap. *thinks*

I figure I can go on at least one, but maybe two trips this summer (Spain is going to be in October). There is a decent chance that I'll be going to Atlanta some time, but that's not certain.

My question is, is there going to be a Hatrack gathering to see Serenity? Because THAT I want to go to, and I will save my money for that trip and just weep the weekend of June.

Added: After checking things, I can't go. I'll just keep tossing out the bitter and wistful side comments, then. [Razz]

[ April 28, 2005, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

Bump for findability [Smile]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I can make it, life is seeming very packed for june. I will let you know for sure later though.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.