FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Carrie's Party Planning - Vana & Lime? Preggers People? Last call! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Carrie's Party Planning - Vana & Lime? Preggers People? Last call!
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I should note that the prospect of going to a cross-stitch shop does not appeal to me. So, I'll probably not be going along for that. Now dancing, that's another story.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL PC :thwap:

I'm doing that on the way TO the hotel Friday afternoon. Gotta get my traveling stash!

I'm still debating on whether to bring the office laptop for computer access. I'd probably have to sign up for a new AOL account with the free introductory hours since I don't have a dial-up option already existing, and I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassle of cancelling the account at the end of the month. They can be SUCH pains in the butts.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Carrie hinthinted last page about having no wheels... had anyone already made arrangements to play chauffeur for her? Or does that still need to be done?

Also, fugu, are you still in search of somewhere to bunk down?

I'll be on again tonight once I get home, and I'll make sure to check this thread one more time before we hit the road tomorrow. Current departure time is estimated for 10:00 am, roughly 3 hours on the road and a couple stops along the way, I figure we'll get to our hotel around 3:00. Tom and ElJay have both my cell phone number and that of my hotel; anyone else want them?

I've made no plans at all for Friday night. If we aren't going to do something as a group, I'd appreciate kid-friendly suggestions?

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Russell's welcome to stay with us, if he'd like. We could get Carrie, too, but our car's already got a baby seat in it and consequently doesn't have much passenger space anymore.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Okay, found Madison Children's Museum, and better yet, found out that they're ACM members, which means I can use my Chicago Children's Museum membership to get in free!

Also found a shop in Madison.. and travel from the museum to the shop will take us through campus.

Carrie? Wanna be silly and join the kids and I at the museum? They close at 4:00 on Friday, which is why we're doing the museum first, and I'm already adjusting our departure time to accomodate.

So it looks like our afternoon is hotel check-in - MCM - Stitchers Corner - and then whatever....?

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to do the museum with you and your kids, if you're sure they won't mind [Smile] I haven't been there since being a kid myself. I'll email you with my cell number so we can be on the same page as far as museum antics go.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Cool.

What time does everyone want to meet up Saturday?

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Farmer's Market starts at 8 - if not even earlier - but I don't know how much sleep anyone wants to get. I'll cast my vote for 9:30 or so. (This is the point where I make sure we're all still on the same page and going up there...) As for where to meet, I'd suggest at the top of State Street where there's the little road-divider-triangular thingy. But that's just an idea.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

9:30 Saturday sounds good to me as well. And Carrie, the kids are really looking forward to the museum!
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*annoyed at himself*

I've kept looking and looking for a way I can come, but I can't. Besides just the problems getting up there, there's stuff recently come up I really need to do this weekend.

*bows out with extreme reluctance*

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Frown]

Sorry you can't make it, fugu. (And Ryuku, I never actually said that. And not just because you would've been company for the trip. [Wink] )

So 9:30 at the top of State Street? I'll trust Sara to be able to get me there. [Smile]

See y'all tomorrow!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*grin* Sounds good to me. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Goody and clan are getting ready to walk out the door... we have a couple stops along the way so I estimate our current arrival time at between 1 and 2. We're going to (try to) check into the hotel first, and then call Carrie to meet up at the children's museum.

For anyone who doesn't already know what I look like (which I think is everyone but TomD and Christy), look for the Chicago Bears hat. I figure, it's June, it's Wisconsin, I'm bound to stick out like a sore thumb wearing it!!!!

Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could go too, fugu [Frown] Silly me forgetting today was my anniversary; with that on top of the stupid money issues, there's really no way I could have made it. *sigh*
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, we got an offer on our house and have to be moved by mid-July. We also have to finish the house at Dragonwood enough to move in. I can't go anywhere or do anything unless it helps me reach those goals. Sorry, folks.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Wow, admittedly, this is getting to be less and less attractive a gathering. I'll still come. I can't miss the last opportunity to hang out with Carrie. Still, I was hoping to meet fugu. At least Ella gets to meet Sophie.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Well, as long as Carrie shows, the original intent remains intact. But I'll be honest: I kind of expected this. EnderCon taught me that, in general, the level of unrealistic enthusiasm about any gathering is inversely proportional to the actual percentage of people who show up. [Smile]

This is why I try to approach Hatrack gatherings as simple get-togethers, and not "cons" or large parties. A lot of us here are close enough to get together often, so there's no need to put any pressure on that kind of thing. I mean, heck, if you want to see Dan and Julie, just ask if you can help 'em move. *grin*

ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm in Madison, at Sara's, so y'all BETTER show up tomorrow. [Razz] See you then!
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

We're not in Madison and have to drive. I wasn't going to get up at 6am so that I could be there by 9. We'll probably be in Madison around noon or so.

I hate doing this, but I should probably give the Madison folks some way of contacting me (since they may or may not check the internet today). I don't really know where you'll be by the time we get there, but if you guys could try calling my cell: 4 1 4 803- 5+9//51

Take out the special characters, etc. Anyone who calls me for no reason gets a special beating come christmas time. That is all.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

You know, we spent most of the morning going, "How the heck is he going to get in touch with us, since he refused to give us any contact info?" [Smile]

We've just finished the zoo and are going to be getting back together at six o'clock for dinner at Papa Phil's on Monroe St. Give me a call at 608-212-8968 if you need directions.

ElJay
Member # 6358

Home safe. 'Night-night. [Smile]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

I was too drained by the time we finally got home to do any more than clear out almost 400 emails... course we took the scenic route home to avoid the tollway and made a few stops along the way, so we didn't get home until almost 8.

We all had a great time and really enjoyed meeting everyone! Missy can't decide what her favorite part of the weekend was, Heather says her favorite was winning at Apples to Apples {grin}.

By the way, Madisonites, you need to take care of our Hatrack chair at Zuzu!!! LOL

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Jess and I both had a good time. We think Ella is pretty burnt out on gatherings and travel. Between our family trip to the Dells the weekend before and this gathering, she gets upset whenever we put her in her carseat and was literally in tears last night at my sister's place. I've never seen her cry like that before. It was very sad.

Still, I really liked the botanical gardens.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Gotta say, Glenn and Jess, I don't know how you two can keep up with all the bouncing and jumping and swinging and stuff.... I was getting tired just watching you!
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

<ahem> Just so you know, it's "Glynn." No biggie, just FYI and all that.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

And I was debating on one N or two LOL, now ya gotta go mess me up more! Seriously, though, thanks for telling me, or I'd have captioned pictures wrong (at least I think I got some of you...)
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad to hear you all had a good time! Pictures will be fun.
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

I have some. I'm just too busy cutting out patterns for Ella's christening gown.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.