FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cops Raid Home of Fast-Food Finger Finder (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cops Raid Home of Fast-Food Finger Finder
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Elizabeth has nailed this one - she's just polishing it off...although she might just be buffing.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to file that away for future reference.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Trevor, let me just give you a little French tip: I am right about this.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

You definitely have a pointer.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had a nicer way to tell all you punners to get bent.

I suppose I'll just resist the temptation until I can think one up.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Salon as you remember I said it first.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, Jebus, when Wendy's grills chicken, they cannot do it on one side. They do have to flip the bird.

[ April 08, 2005, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Oh, bravo!

Well done Liz! [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, you are giving me a two-thumb sup? Great! The woman only got one!
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, I got one to share as well.

My dad was out in the one car garage working on his Harley. Gosh this was.....12....yeah I think 12 years ago. My youngest sister was only a few years old. Well, she was sitting on the floor not too far from him. She, the dazzlement of brilliance that she was/is, notices a beer can about a foot in front of her. So she reaches for it....and takes a nice swig of
motor oil.

My dad didn't have time to stop her from where he was at. After it happened he could do nothing but laugh. I wish I knew where he put the picture. I just can't quite grasp it.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I remember first hearing about this story and thinking, "How the heck could a finger have gotten into the chili?" I was a shift manager at a Wendy's over a decade ago, and at that time there wasn't any real way for a cooked finger to wind up in the mix.

All the chili meat, for example, is chopped-up leftover burgers; the meat they put on the grill in advance of orders that doesn't get eaten is, when it gets a bit too well done, put into a container and diced for the next day's chili. The chili seasonings are powder, and the sauce is also reconstituted from powder.

I couldn't think of any way for a finger to get into her chili. If an employee had lost a finger while dicing the meat, people would have noticed; if an employee had somehow lost a finger while filling a bag of spice powder, two people -- the person sealing the bag, and the person pouring the bag into liquid -- would have had the opportunity to notice.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=654646

Apparently the "victim" in this case has a history of filing lawsuits.

-Trevor

CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonder where this finger went? (last item)

Okay, we have a case of a missing finger, and a case of a finger appearing where it shouldn't be ... I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sensing that this topic has touched on some raw spots for a few of you. Elizabeth, the flipping the bird comment shows a lack of tact I'll wager.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You are right, Punwit. I will really start to knuckle down.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Once a story about a finger printed, it would naturally be a lively topic of discussion.

-Trevor

Dagonee
Member # 5818

I bet Wendy's management is in a whorlwind of CYA.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I don't see why they have to magnify this situation, though.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I think they're worried the culprit will take a powder.
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought it was a plot by the RJR/Nabisco/Phillip Morris/Post cereals/Hostess pentavirate. They will do anything to end this low card dieting craze.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Yes, but isn't this taking "finger licking good" to disturbing new levels?

-Trevor

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Well, we all know what putting a finger down your throat does. Maybe someone was making a metaphorical comment on the quality of the chilli.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Is that what you think? Quite a way to finger something out.

-Trevor

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
::insert finger pun here::
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Hey! Quit pulling my finger!

-Trevor

Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
umm.. thanks for posting the article.. a long time ago.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
How exciting anther one for Tom and mine top ten list. Cool.
The finger in the Wendy’s chili seemed suspicious

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Fast-Food Finger Finder Drops Lawsuit

huh.... go finger. I mean go figure.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't eat at Wendy's much, mainly because I mostly avoid fast food. But when I do eat fast food, I prefer Wendy's to most of the other places out there.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
San Jose police say they're investigating a possible connection between the finger and the owner of several exotic animals at Pahrump, Nev., who lost one of her fingers in a leopard attack on Feb. 23.
Wow. Just when you start thinking a story is as weird as it's going to get...
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Soylant green anyone? Tastes like chicken, really.....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of Soylent Green when I read these kinds of stories... =)

although I do wonder what the other ones were made of...

[ April 14, 2005, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Goody Scrivener ]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

In the spirit of bad taste...

http://www.nbc11.com/news/4405302/detail.html

The lady has been arrested by police.

-Trevor

whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to know who's finger it was.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I once found the greater portion of a large moth fried to a french fry that was on its way to my mouth. *shudder*

At a little fast food place called the Mad Greek. They gave me and my mom a bunch of fre Baklava (sp?).

Seems a moth or two had flown in the drive thru window the night before and fallen in the deep fryer when nobody was looking.

Nothing eves we ordered was fried, and as a student of Biology (at the time) I realized a deep fried moth was probably no worse for me than the deep fried potato.

But the gilr behind the counter nearly fainted. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I'd wager that the moth would be quite a bit better for you than the french fry. At least you'd get a little protein.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Still doesn't top the cockroach I found transfixed in splattered oil like a victim of Pompeii, coated with ash in midst of a death throe.

Almost enough to swear off fast food forever.

-Trevor

whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

That is gross.
TMedina
Member # 6649

The poor guy was frozen in mid-stride, one feeble antennae outstretched in humble supplication to the holy fryer.

I don't even want to guess how many layers of oil soaked the countertops around the fryer.

[Big Grin]

-Trevor

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.