FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » plaid in Portland -- Tues night 4/19 at Powell's!

Author Topic: plaid in Portland -- Tues night 4/19 at Powell's!
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
So continuing my Amtrak travels (currently I'm in Colorado), the next place I'll be long enough to meet any interested Hatrackers = Portland, I'll be in town Monday April 18th-->Friday April 22nd.

Anybody wanna get together? If yes, let's pick out a time and date by, letsee, Friday the 15th.

[ April 18, 2005, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: plaid ]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!! [Smile] The most I'll be able to do is dinner or something in the evening, but I want to meet you, so let's plan something!! I'm pretty free the evening of the 18, 19 and 20th.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Argh! If only I hadn't moved away from Portland around this time last year. [Grumble]

[ April 09, 2005, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go plaid. 8)

You'll like Narnia, she's a sweetie pie.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Aw... [Smile]

And Zotto!, we'll make a trip to Powell's in your honor dear. [Big Grin]

[ April 09, 2005, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

mmmm... Powell's... I used to live in Portland. I used to be able to go to Powell's every week. But I haven't been back since '99 [Frown]

I'm gonna spend a LOT of time at Powell's [Big Grin]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
plaid, enjoy Powell's. [Smile]

I'll send a catch-up email this week. Hope you are enjoying your travels!

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

I would have *lived* in Powells if the night workers didn't give me such dirty looks when it was time to lock up. [Grumble]

Hope you enjoy your stay in the city of roses, plaid. Narnia is indeed a sweetie pie. [Cool] Very sorry to miss you, though.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Powell's is, of course, the tradition for Hatrack events in Portland. I wish I could be there.
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

*bumpity bump bump*
Narnia
Member # 1071

So what gives Khav? Are you not in Portland anymore?

And should I post Ralphie's name in this thread just in case she's doing a search in the near future? [Big Grin]

Ralphieralphieralphieralphieralphie FRISCO! FRISCO! ralphieralphieralphie....

plaid
Member # 2393

bumpity bump!

bumpity bump!

bumpity bumpity bumpity bump!!

plaid
Member # 2393

bump?
plaid
Member # 2393

Hmfff. Portland jatraqueros are a bunch of weenies...

Narnia, are those dates still good for ya? So how about we meet at Powell's? I'll bring my hippie commune and Burning Man photos (and BobNDana Con photos!) to show off and gab about...

(I'm still scheduling my time for when I'm in Portland, I should be able to give you a better idea by Sunday of which days'd work best for me.)

Narnia
Member # 1071

That sounds great plaid. I'm excited to meet you!! [Big Grin] The only difference in my dates is I am now NOT free on the night of the 18th, but the 19th, 20th...and maybe the 22nd I'm free in the evening.
plaid
Member # 2393

Narnia -- OK, it'll either be Tuesday or Wednesday night, probably Wednesday night, I should know for sure by Monday... so, meet at Powell's? What time's best -- will 7 PM work? Earlier? Later?
plaid
Member # 2393

Narnia: so Tuesday night turns out to work the best. What time should we meet??
Narnia
Member # 1071

Hm...I need to leave for home by 10 at the latest (I'm a fuddy-duddy and have to be up early the next morning) but I'm willing to meet and do dinner, or just hang out at Powell's. What's your schedule? I could be there as early as 6 or 7.
rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun guys. 8)
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

How about Powell's at 6:30? I'll probably eat beforehand, and just snack and drink tea while we're there.

So me = tall, skinny, dark hair, short scruffy beard, late 30s. I'll be in the coffee room.

plaid
Member # 2393

BobNDana Con photo -- I'm in the green sweater around the middle of the picture
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
A better photo of Plaid (on the left) from CaySedai.

plaid - man! You get around!

Coming through Kansas on the trip home? (yeah, I know -- Amtrak only goes through Kansas at 3 AM)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Cool! 6:30 it is. I'm really tall with light brown hair and today I happen to be wearing a very yellow sweater. It's rather obnoxious, you can't miss me. [Big Grin] See you there!
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Plaid, you DO get around. Are you heading out east anytime soon...southeast, to be exact? We'd love to see you again.
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

I usually DON'T get around this much -- I mean, I actually lived out here in Portland for 10 years ('85-'95) and for all that this is my old stomping grounds and that there's lots of folks that I know here... this is actually my first trip back to Portland in six years, eep. (Powell's Books, I have missed you so...)

Anyway, this year I'm finally making up for my lack of travel by getting an Amtrak rail pass for a month, and that's how I'm getting around so much. But, even with the rail pass, there's only so many places I can get to... so, nope, I won't be going through Kansas or Florida, alas. Some other time...

plaid
Member # 2393

Yay, so we met and got to gab for a long time. Narnia is way smart and charming, meeting her is muchly recommended! [Smile]
Zotto!
Member # 4689

You speak the truth, brother.

Wish I was still in Portland. *muttermutter*

Narnia
Member # 1071

Aw plaid, it was awesome to meet you! We talked for 3 hours, didn't we? Wow. Didn't seem like it, I was amazed at how late it was. I'm glad you were so willing to let me sit there and hammer you with questions and I was delighted to learn more about you! I hope you got some good quality Powell's time in after I left. *hug*

I highly recommend plaid's photo album. I got to see where he's lived and where he lives now and learn a lot. So cool. I also got to see a few cute pictures of BobnDanaCon, including a couple of AJ getting her hair done by our very own katherina.

Have a safe week plaid and enjoy the great weather! I'm so glad I got to meet you. [Big Grin]

[ April 20, 2005, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.