FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Tooth!

Author Topic: A Tooth!
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Tanner is just over seven-months-old and he just had his first tooth pop through! What's even better is our method of discovery. He was sitting on my wife's lap chewing on anything he could find and finally settled for Jaimie's finger. I was on the floor (in our new apartment in Boise(woohoo!)) when my wife said, "Ow! he's got a tooth!" she pulled back from the baby who immediately began nervously searching for a new chew-toy. So, I pinned him down and pulled his lower lip down while he pushed and shoved me away. Low and behold, a tooth sat stretching into his mouth!

I'm not ready for him to start growing up! He already is loosing his "baby face."

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
awwww ... [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidR
Member # 7473

- posted      Profile for DavidR   Email DavidR         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! They grow up so fast!
Posts: 148 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

<aside> I'm getting very dangerously close to a landmark. I need to pace myself. <aside>
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only 157 posts away from my 1000 landmark. [Big Grin] I've been around for 6 years. A lot of people have been around a lot less and are on there 1000 landmark already.

Congrats on the first tooth! I was excited when my little boy got his first tooth because it meant he would eat solids soon after. [Smile] Now my boy is almost potty trained. Unfortunately he's 22 months now and can't say a word of English.

[ April 11, 2005, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: unicornwhisperer ]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. Emma's been getting more in. I have visible bite marks, uh... where she nurses.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

You know unicornwhisperer, I remember when I lived in St. George and you were in college in Central Utah, contemplating driving up there to take you out on a date and driving back all in one night. But, funding made no avail of that thought. It had to have been 2000 or so when I was at Dixie State.

It's very strange how things turn out. [Smile]

scottneb
Member # 676

I think it was Snow College wasn't it?

I can't believe I remember all this!

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
My (almost) seven month old daughter is getting her first tooth in right now, also.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
7 months is the average time to get first teeth.

Of course, my niece got 9 all at once when she was 5 months old! [Eek!]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Trust me - you only think they're losing their baby faces. every year you look back and say, "Oh - look what a sweet babyface he/she still had then." And chuckle, 'cause at the time you were worried that they were growing up too fast and losing that baby sweetness.

[Smile]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reader
Member # 3888

- posted      Profile for reader   Email reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I know someone who was born with a tooth.
Posts: 196 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
My coworker's triplets are 11 months now and at nine months, one had five teeth and the other two had none. She said he would bite down on towels super hard and so she was sure he just forced his teeth out quickly while the others paid no attention to them at all.

Sophie still has two cute little bottom teeth, although we suspect her of getting another one since she's been chewing her fingers as of late.

I'm glad Jaimie found out when he bit her finger. *wince* Sophie's forgotten about her teeth a few times nursing -- ouch!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Christy, do you take her off, set her down, and say "don't bite" when she does that? My mom recommended it, and after two days of that, Emma never bit me while nursing again.
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't because its only happened when she was finished and pulled off the latch roughly.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, if she starts actually biting, do it right away so she doesn't make a habit of it. Of course, my mom says only two of her four kids ever actually bit her while teething, so she may not. [Smile] But yes, that rough pull-off hurts. *winces in sympathy*
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Yes I remember that scottneb. In fact I just found the thread about the Utah Hatrackers getting together for Orson's BYU book signing November of 2000 in the old files of Hatrack:
http://web.archive.org/web/20001118023900/www.hatrack.com/ubb/forum/Forum2/HTML/000950.html

Yep I went to Snow college which was Dixie's rival! I thought that was funny.
Sorry we didn't end up going on a date, at least we both went to Orson's book signing at BYU. [Smile] That was so fun to get to see all those Hatrackers!

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
My 3 and a half month old is getting her first tooth.

Edit (now she is almost 4 months)

[ April 13, 2005, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: whiskysunrise ]

Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww cool!
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aunty Eem
Member # 7743

- posted      Profile for Aunty Eem   Email Aunty Eem         Edit/Delete Post 
All three of mine got the first tooth at 3 mnths old --yes-- including Ryuko
Posts: 63 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.