FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Monkey's Paw... REVIVED!!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Monkey's Paw... REVIVED!!!!
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay... for those of you who have never read the book and have no idea how the monkey's paw is played.

Person A makes a wish
such as:

I wish I had a million dollars.

Person B grants the wish but with a horribly screwed up twist.
Such as:

GRANTED! However, it was all in counterfeit hundreds that the FBI has finally tracked to you.

Rules. Make a plausible wish. No specifics... Nothing like "I wish I had a cookie that wasn't poisoned or uncooked or made with raisins." make it simple.
Uhm... I know there's another one... I just can't think of it... oh well...

OH YEAH!!! After you grant the previous persons wish, make a wish of your own. Ok?

Get it? YAY!!! IT"S FUN! NOW PLAY!

I'll start.

I wish I was handsome.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could beat that stupid "The Dark Room" game.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Turgan: You are now handsome. You are being stalked by five women and two men. One of them is in your basement right now.

T_Smith: Your prize for beating it is getting to play a real-life version of "The even darker room."

I wish that I could get more sleep.

[ April 11, 2005, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED!!! You're dead.

I wish Somethingpositive the comic wasn't so damn funny.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You sleep so well that you don't get up for ten years. Too bad you never wrote your living will...

edit: Grr, Turgan! Granted, now Somethingpositive is the most boring drivel ever produced. The creator, now with no healthy way to express their anger, goes postal and kills several members of your family.

I wish I would get perfect scores on all my finals.

[ April 11, 2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You've been accused of cheating and have been thrown out of university.

EDIT: I wish that I had a better memory for names.

[ April 11, 2005, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Congratulations, the only thing you ever remember now is names.

I wish I knew what the question to the answer to the meaning of life was.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

granted. But now that's the ONLY thing you know.

I wish I had my hat back.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Granted, but it was used as a spitoon.

I wish I was a guest on Emeril right now.

Turgan
Member # 6697

granted. Emeril uses you as his chief ingredient on his new show aimed towards cannibals.

I wish I could work my way up to ASM at EB Games

[ April 11, 2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Turgan ]

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Emeril. Cannibal. BAM!

LOLOLOLOL!! Sorry, I'm not drunk, I swear!!

[ April 11, 2005, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

ANSWER MY WISH!!!
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I would if I knew what the heck you were talking about!
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Wish granted but it takes 60 years working 15 hour work days. I don't know what you are talking about.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting choice of what you require for Turgan's wish fulfillment, there, T. Almost ironic.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish someone would have responded when I tried to revive the original thread a week ago...
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, this person deleted his/her post, so you'll never know what it was.
I wish I had a donut.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! Too bad that after you ate it, you left crumbs all over the couch which attracted a swarm of hungry ants. Your house has been invaded and you can never invite company over again!

I wish I could be a librarian.

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted!

Enjoy your tenure at the prison library. You'll be out in 10 to 15.

I wish I could find my Palm!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! You look down, flip your hand over, and there it is!!!! [Eek!]

I wish the day was less gray.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You are murdered and then the sun comes out.

I wish my stapler could staple through 10000000000 pages at once.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! Unfortunately, it is immediately stolen from you and you are left with no stapler at all.

I wish to stop procrastinating.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
GRANTED!!! All deadlines from now on are the next day.

I wish I could fly.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted!

You sprout these huge wings from your shoulderblades that now make it impossible to buy clothes for your upper half.

I wish this school year would finish faster!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Granted ! Unfortunately, that means that time is 100 times faster. You die from old age in a few weeks.
I wish I have finished to paint my door.

[ April 12, 2005, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
GRANTED!! Its magically painted in Lead Based paint, you get lead poisoning and you die.

I wish for a million wishes!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Granted, but only on the condition that they all involve sardines in some way.

I wish people were trustworthy.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

GRANTED!! Everyone is now missing half of their brain.

I wish I had a sardine right now...(I'm hungry)

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It is up your nose.

I wish I had a cheaper car payment.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Granted. Unfortunately, you have now a bike instead of your car. It's old and rusty.
I wish I could be in July and in Australia.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish granted, you are now making payments on a used Yugo with 190,000 miles on it...

I wish my boss would stay in Peru another week.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Granted. Unfortunately, you stay with him, in his hotel room, and he sleeps naked !
Still waiting for my other wish...

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

GRANTED!!!
Your freezing your behind now in Australia.

I wish sexisim didn't limit anyone.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted- You're an amoeba!

I wish my band would get a record deal. Stupid corporate executives!

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

GRANTED!
It goes out and people use it as freesbees.

I wish I was in Dixie. Hurray, Hurray!

Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! You are now in Dixie and married to your sibling.

I wish, I wish, I wish I was a fish

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Granted!! You are now in my plate with a fork through your spine.

I wish I was the queen of the fairies.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
GRANTED! But we only have a small fishbowl that will never have it's water changed.

I wish I was an Elf...

[Arg... beat me too it! OK ok...
GRANTED! But you are doomed to live forever without your King as he is wandering the mortal world]

[ April 12, 2005, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Poof! You're an elf! Now you have to spend the rest of your immortal life making cookies in a tree.

I wish I had a pass to go to the movies for free as many times as I want for the rest of my life.

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! As soon as you get that pass, however, The U.S. govt passes a law that the only movie allowed to be played in ANY movie theatre ANYWHERE is Titanic. Enjoy three or so hours of Hell, my friend.

I wish Woody Woodpecker were back in business.

(Oh, btw. ASM of EB Games means Assistant Manager of EB games. EB Games is the Video game store where I work. Just thought I'd clarify.)

rivka
Member # 4859

He is. In the tree, right outside your window. And he's making up for lost time.

I wish my house would clean itself for Passover.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, your house is clean, but it's no longer Kosher, and you have no time to re-prepare.

I wish I had an MLT sandwich, you know, when the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato is ripe...

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, but the lettuce is moldy.

I wish I had the ways and means of travelling to New Zealand.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, but New Zealand has been invaded by millions of other tourists and looks just like Generica when you arrive.

I wish that I could dance incredibly, amazingly well.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! But you are working in Las Vegas for $3 an hour. And did I mention that strange men hit on your from below the stage?

I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish I knew what to wish.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

Granted. But instead of wishing anything for yourself, you wish that starlooker was the absolute ruler of the universe. This turns out to be a very GOOD wish... for her. Mwahahahahaha.

I wish that I could wake up on time in the mornings.

Megan
Member # 5290

Granted! You now wake up exactly when you need to every morning...and for the rest of the day, you fall into narcoleptic fits.

I wish I hadn't left my wallet at home today.

starlooker
Member # 7495

Granted! You didn't leave your wallet at home -- you left it at a gas station on the way to work instead, where it is promptly stolen.

I wish I knew everything about financial aid.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

GRANTED!!
Financial aid is the ONLY thing you know now and you spend the entire rest of your life stuck in a midget sized office at some college campus advicing students on financial aid.

I wish I never went hungry again, but was still alive.

[ April 13, 2005, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Altáriël of Dorthonion ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Granted! All information available on financial aid promptly floods your brain. Overwhelmed, you go catatonic.

I wish I had a personal assistant to do all my paperwork.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.