FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stupid Question About eBay

Author Topic: Stupid Question About eBay
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
What does "GBP" mean?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Britain Pounds
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Green Bay Packers
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Gross Bratwurst Product.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Big Pickle [Big Grin]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ginormously Big Pig
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another ebay question -- does anbody know of a 1)good and 2)free ebay sniper? Can auction insights be trusted?
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's evil. I take pride in being a good e-bayer, but I can't win against a computer program! [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
Sore loser. [Razz]
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*eyes up Portabello*

*checks out mushroom recipes*

Portabello
Member # 7710

*anticipates*
Tstorm
Member # 1871

*hands ketchupqueen a spork*
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*grabs a sharp knife instead*
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Salads are good with Mushrooms.
BTW...When you said auction sniper, I though you were talking about the kind that shoots people. I was going to say, "Well, I know a guy back home." But I honestly think he's a little pricey.

(No really...I know a guy. Ex-Marine Sniper. Trains people in covert operations techniques. Cool guy.)

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I work with a guy that is on the all Navy Shooting Team. He is in fact the team captain. His prize last year for first place iirc was a M-14, handed to him by an admiral. He refuses to do sniper ops for people he knows [Grumble] .

anyway, Guilty Bothersome Pleasures. [Dont Know]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] This thread.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Boris, I know an ex-Army sniper. The story his gf tells is that after he was discharged, he was at the state employment office and the worker was trying to help him find a job. She suggested that he use the skills he learned in the Army (obviously thinking truck driving, computer, something along those lines).

Imagine her reaction when he calmly told her he had been a sniper. ... [Evil]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Yeah, I bet. My sniper friend is like 60 years old now or somewhere close to that (He is a Vietnam Vet). He took that kind of advice. He's been head of security for multiple large companies in North Carolina and is currently an 8th degree blackbelt in Shurin Ryu Karate (From what he told me, there are only 4 people that have been practicing that style longer than him...But he won't take rank advancements because he's not Japanese). Yeah...If someone asked me who my hero is, I'm screaming him. Mostly because he's also funny as heck.
[/continued derail]

edit: SWAT teams do need snipers, though. But I'm guessing your friend wanted a break from the life of shooting stuff that's REALLY far away.

[ April 12, 2005, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Boris ]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Okay... so how do you transfer the Green Bay Packers into US money?

[ April 12, 2005, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
A good agent.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

quote:
Okay... so how do you transfer the Green Bay Packers into US money?
If comercials are honest, eat a Snickers.
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Well, the TV's never lied before...
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Another stupid question:

I've tried to bid on a few things, but everytime I do, it says my bid has been beaten before the page saying that I've bid in the first loads. Is this normal? I've also noticed the history has two of my bids in sequential order, and the guy I'm trying to beat stays at the top without any of his previous bids showing up.

Portabello
Member # 7710

When my father served an LDS mission, one of the other missionaries had been a sniper in Vietnam. Little children would as "how many people did you kill?" He'd ask "How old ar you?", and then reply "More than that."
Tstorm
Member # 1871

Da_goat,

I think the other guy has bid a higher proxy bid than you did. In other words, he established a bid limit, and has his account automatically adjust so that as other people bid, his bid is incremented just enough to beat them. In other words, he's bidding by proxy, and your bids just aren't high enough to beat him. Time to ask yourself, "How much am I willing to spend here?" [Smile]

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

I won something! I won something! I'm way too happy about this.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Correction: You bought something. In the interest of not getting carried away, it is an important distinction to remember.

That said, congrats! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil Laugh]
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.