FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NBA Playoffs!

Author Topic: NBA Playoffs!
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here are my 1st round predictions (assuming that the rankings don't change with the few games left):

WEST
(1)PHOENIX vs. (8)Memphis
Phoenix wins, 4-0

(4)DALLAS vs. (5)Sacramento
Dallas wins, 4-2

(2)SAN ANTONIO vs. (7)Denver
San Antonio wins, 4-0

(3)SEATTLE vs. (6)Houston
Houston wins, 4-3

EAST
(1)MIAMI (1A) vs. (8)Philadelphia
Miami wins, 4-0

(4)CHICAGO (1A) vs. (5)Indiana
Indiana wins, 4-2

(2)DETROIT (1H) vs. (7)Cleveland
Detroit wins, 4-1

(3)BOSTON vs. (6)Washington
Boston wins, 4-3

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Denver in 7

Go 'melo.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
WEST
(1)PHOENIX vs. (8)Memphis
Phoenix wins, 6-3

[Memphis and Phoenix split their season series this year, I don't think it will be a sweep.]

(4)DALLAS vs. (5)Sacramento
Dallas wins, 4-2

(2)SAN ANTONIO vs. (7)Denver
San Antonio wins, 7-6

[Denver won like 23 of their last 25 games, beating teams like San Antonio, Boston, Indiana, and Seattle.]

(3)SEATTLE vs. (6)Houston
Houston wins, 4-2

[Lots of injuries for Seattle. Not sure everyone will be back 100%. Seattle will be easy for Houston I think.]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

they're best of 7 series, so you only need to win 4 to win the round.
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
First off,

Kobe didn't make the playoffs.

That is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

(just as I predicted, without Shaq Kobe is just another 30 pt a game loser.)

I also Predict Shaq's HEAT to win it all!

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Nuggets can't beat SA [Razz]

quote:
Word. But I'd say its Shaq+Wade's HEAT. [Big Grin]
watsonwil
Member # 1904

- posted      Profile for watsonwil   Email watsonwil         Edit/Delete Post 
If the playoffs started today:

Phi @ Mia- Miami in 5
Clev @ Det- Det in 6
Wash @ Bos- Bos in 7
Ind @ Chi- Ind in 7

Mem @ Phx- Phx in 4
Den @ SA- SA in 6 (assuming TD is healthy)
Hou @ Sea- Hou in 6
Sac @ Dal- Dal in 5

Assuming TD is healthy, I go SA over Miami in 6.
If he is not 100%, I go Miami over Dallas in 6.

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Shaq Daddy!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
I really, really don't like Kobe.

He is EVERYTHING that is wrong with the NBA.

He's a selfish "I am the NBA" player who doesn't understand the concept of team. You won't find a player who isn't on his current team who has a single nice thing to say about him.

We wished for the Lakers to be All Kobe, and now they are All Kobe, No playoffs.

Please remember, in the Lakers storied history, even dating back to the Minnesota Age, they have only missed the playoffs 4 TIMES, woot.

Now it is 5.

Congrats Kobe. Congrats.

Shaq is a total team player.

To me a Great player is one who makes everyone around him better, Like Shaq or Jordan, or Tim Duncan.

Guys who realize that they must play their best, and get the best out of their teammmates.

Sure Jordan took 35 shots a game sometimes, but rarely was it in the same fashion of Kobe, where he drives down the court and throws up shots.

Jordan had no problems breaking down the defense and then passing to the open man for the easy shot, like pippen or Kerr.

Kobe is different, he drives down and then heaves it up there.

KLANG!

I predict a Spurs Vs. Heat finals with the Heat taking it.

Woot!

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

NOTE: Dallas does NOT play defense, which is why they always SUCK in the playoffs.

Nowitzki is softer than a melted marshmellow!

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't watched Dallas lately but I read somewhere that their defense is much improved under their new coach.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Word. But I'd say its Shaq+Wade's HEAT.
Agreed. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Yes.

Avery Johnson is a defense, defense, defense kind of guy. But he was only put in place 2 weeks before the playoffs, the team is still tailored to Don Nelson's insane and bizarre offense, offense, offense strategy.

Maybe they'll win in the first round, but they will go no farther baring major injuries to other teams.

I would love to see a Mavericks Vs. Pheonix matchup.

That'd be sweet.

ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Mavericks vs. Phoenix would be more than sweet. Every game would be 135-132. That would be so much fun to watch. Not good basketball though [Confused]

NBA is not good basketball ever. March Madness is the best!!!

Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You forget the Spurs.

quote:
Nuggets can't beat SA
Can anyone?

quote:
I predict a Spurs Vs. Heat finals with the Heat taking it.
Tsk tsk. Better go for the other (better) team.

quote:
NBA is not good basketball ever. March Madness is the best!!!
NBA is always good. [Big Grin] March Madness would be good.. if Wake Forest would have won. [Grumble]

[ April 14, 2005, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Tater ]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Um. I do seem to remember being at a game where Shaq and a significant other smack Tim Duncan around, I don't see why that can't happen again.

I LOVE Tim Duncan, but this year I root for Shaq and Co. to take home to gold, and Kobe and Lakers' Owner and GM have to eat a big "we choose the cold arrogant rapist over the Big Aristotle" shit sandwich.

although if Duncan wins.

Woot!

Timmy rules!

Skill for Skill Tim is the Best Player in the League.

Lbs. for Lbs. Shaq is more dominant.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.