FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tough Questions - part 2

Author Topic: Tough Questions - part 2
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
"Would you rather die peacefully among friends at age 50, or painfully and alone at age 80? Assume that most of the last 30 years would be good ones."

My answer:
If they're good years, then I wouldn't be in pain and alone (not by my definition of "good years" at least) so that kind of destroys the point of the question...
I'd still rather take the extra 30 years to be able to have as much time as I can with my family. Besides, none of my friends are local enough for me to die among them - except for the highly unlikely possibility of my going to a Hatrack con or something similar and being victim of a fatal accident of some type.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, I just have a hard time believing that I would be enjoying the extra 30 years or so.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like pain (especially in the foot-area), and now you've thrown in dying alone.

So I'm torn. Pain=bad. Dying alone=many plusses.

Decisions.... [Confused]

Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone should live happily until at least 100. Or if not everyone, then just some people in particular.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Alone at 80. I could do a lot of good with those 30 years. Sides, who am I to give up those last few years with my friends if I could have em? I'd rather be the last to go, and get the max time with everyone, than the first.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Question. I think I would prefer to die alone knowing that everyone I love will see me sometime soon, so I'd be greeted by everyone.
*tear* I just imagined this, it would be so heartwretching...

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.