FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So*, I Ordered a New Brain . . . and . . . !

Author Topic: So*, I Ordered a New Brain . . . and . . . !
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it pretty?

[ April 21, 2005, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
If only I had a brain...
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
The old-fashioned organic ones just not enough anymore, eh?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
Sparkly!
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooo... It's like a chrome sky.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
May I just point out that your thread title is awesome.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

The old-fashioned organic one has never been enough. I've depended on one Palm or another for about 5 years.

The one I bought two years ago went missing a couple weeks ago. I've searched the house repeatedly, and called various places I might have left it (even though I was fairly certain it was in the house somewhere).

I keep missing/being late to appointments, not having phone numbers when I need them, not having anything to read while standing in line . . . it's AWFUL!

I gave up and ordered a new one. It is pretty, though. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aunty Eem
Member # 7743

- posted      Profile for Aunty Eem   Email Aunty Eem         Edit/Delete Post 
OOOOh-Shiney.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
And my head, I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.

I'd unravel ev'ry riddle
For any individ'le
In trouble or in pain

With the thoughts you'd be thinkin'
You could be another Lincoln,
If you only had a brain.

Oh, I could tell you why
The ocean's near the shore,
I could think of things I never thunk before
And then I'd sit and think some more.

I would not be just a nuffin'
My head all full of stuffin'
My heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry
Life would be a ding-a-derry
If I only had a brain--Whoa!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Did they send round a real salesman?
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Confused]
rivka
Member # 4859

How long is the battery good for, adam? And how long does it take to charge?

So . . .

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a Tungsten E and I love it. I typically charge twice a week, because I find myself getting sucked into games too, usually while I'm on the train and there's a forced endpoint (I haven't yet mastered walking through the Loop while I'm glued to a screen LOL)

I got Documents To Go so I could transfer certain spreadsheet databases (my library, my cross stitch stash, addresses, etc) to the Palm and keep them handy at all times. I also got MobileDB (actually, this was before getting DTG) for a bunch of other files that don't need regular updates (like my train schedule and the kids' immunization records). When I got DTG, it came with a memory card of games, although I don't play those games often.

And I totally know what you mean about being lost without it. I have to set all my appointments with alarms so I don't forget that I need to be someplace. Fotunately, I haven't (yet) forgotten to look at it when scheduling something, so I haven't (yet) managed to double-book myself. I have, however, had other people try and double-book me, but that's a totally different issue. LOL

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Documents to Go comes free with it, as does a memory card and free shipping. Plus I found an online coupon good for 20% off. [Big Grin]

*goes to wait by mailbox*

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I didn't get those things free waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
[Big Grin]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
But does it play Pong?
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

If I bought it tomorrow, neither would I have.

Which is a big part of why I didn't wait any longer!

rivka
Member # 4859

It will play the 20 or so games I already have for the Palm (once I sync it for the first time).
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
What will you be doing with your old brain? I could use a backup for this addled, organic one I'm currently saddled with.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

If I ever find the darn thing, we'll talk.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I can smell your brains.

(Get on AIM, rivka. I'm going to be early tonight again.)

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Can't. Have to go get kids in like 5 minutes.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, I have one of these. Yes, I like. Although, Robb gives us crap at work because he says Palm's are so out of date. Admittedly, his Casio is much nicer. I use mine as a people tracker mostly. When I go to duty muster I "x" off the people who are here so I know who to yell at later. Then I also use it to take notes during meetings.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I like the Palm OS much better than the other PDA OSes.

Besides, even if I didn't, it's very useful to simply be able to sync a new Palm with the info already stored in my Palm Desktop on my computer.

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka:

[Confused]

Monty Python reference.

[ April 12, 2005, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Arnold ]

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ah *lightbulb* . . . you don't mean a real salesman, you mean a proper salesman!

(Ok, so I had to google it. I never claimed to recognize all Monty Python references.)

rivka
Member # 4859

*bounce* *bounce* *bounce*

It came! It's charged! It's synced! It has all kinds of cool new stuff, like color and pictures and it can play mp3s and it's so COOL!

*bounce*

[Big Grin]

Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering. When I went there, it said your brain was out of stock [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin]

It seems the reason why the special deal expired the 12th (and included so much) is that the E became obsolete the next day. [Wink] It was replaced by the E2 -- $50 more, without all the free stuff, and most of the improvements are things I don't care about.

Works for me. [Smile]

Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, I don't know how the E works for battery life, but when I play MP3's on my iPaq, you can go to the battery power thing and see the life just drip away from it. I don't know if it does that with headphones, but the built in speaker eats power for breakfast. Has enough battery life to play exactly one MP3.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

No built in speaker, just headphones. I guess I'll find out how it does power-wise.
rivka
Member # 4859

Correction! Speaker indeed present. [Big Grin]

I am listening to an mp3 right now. *gleeful*

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great, Rivka!

Maybe you could program a reminder into your Palm to get on AIM more often...? [Wave]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*looks mysterious*
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

quote:
He doesn't give me any confidence at all - he's obviously a dummy. I'll ring Curry's. (she just picks up the phone without dialing this time) Hello, Curry's - that salesman you sent round is obviously a dummy... Oh, thank you very much. (she puts the phone down) They're sending round a real one. (a knock on the door)

[ April 22, 2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Arnold ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Today it was both cold and rainy. I was planning to be outside a bit, but not doing a lot of walking in the rain. (If it were warmer, I would have worn a thinner jacket; if I had planned to be out in the rain a lot, my long rain coat.) Therefore, I wore my nice warm, waterproof jacket.

I guess I haven't worn it for quite some time (since early April, I'm thinking) . . . because I found my old Palm in the pocket.

*sigh* Well, if I can find the sync cradle and the charger, it will head to Israel for my brother.

Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I see your brain is out of stock?
I wanted a new one for myself so I threw the old one away already! An now I caynt oerder a nuue wone!
Wat weel aya dew weeth knowe brayne?

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Now if only there was a device that would remember where you'd left your Palm at all times. Hmm, what could do that?

*goes off to tinker*

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Treason:
An now I caynt oerder a nuue wone!
Wat weel aya dew weeth knowe brayne?

That's from Chaucer, right?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Treason, I got a Tungsten E. It was replaced shortly thereafter by the E2.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.