FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » FANFARE, for Pete's Sake (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FANFARE, for Pete's Sake
KathrynHJanitor
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for KathrynHJanitor   Email KathrynHJanitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, people, you just got the best moderator on this whole planet! I expected fanfare, and all I see are quiet whispers.

I am officially passing my janitorial mop to Papa Moose, effective immediately. But before I go, I'd like to thank all of you who joined in the excitement of sending me more moderator alerts today than I have ever had in one day. It was actually a whole lot of fun, and it marked the end of my janitorial reign in high style.

Meanwhile, I may be back as KathrynHPerson ... or I may continue lurking, which is what I usually do here. Thanks for being so good to me, and I only hope you'll be equally good to your new and terrific janitor. You couldn't have a better one.

Meanwhile, give him some FANFARE! He's got a whole lot of work ahead of him. Let him at least revel in your love for a day or two!

KHK

Posts: 92 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
For Kathryn [Cry]

For Pop [Party]

Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaphyra the Righteous
Member # 6995

- posted      Profile for Glaphyra the Righteous           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'm afraid of scaring him off with too much attention. Moose is the sort of guy that reacts to approval by gnawing away at his conscience with ways he could have been better.
Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Thank you for all your hard work, Kathryn. I hope to see you around as HPerson now.

For Pops: WOO-HOO! *quirkseyebrows*

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
You should keep that handle. We won't mind. [Smile]

Pop knows we all love him. [Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathryn thank you for the labor of love you have put into this forum. Sorry to see you go, we will still love you.

[Hat] Welcome Janitor Mooose!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fanfare, for Pete's Sake
...isn't that by Copland? [Wink]

Um... also, I have a confession to make. I always thought Kathryn Janitor and Kathy Kidd were different people. And I thought Janitor was really her last name, and I found that rather amusing.

Good work, Kathy! We'll miss you! And Kathryn too - both of you.

And yay for more Papa Moose! It's like he was the really well-behaved kid in class that gets to be the hall monitor and now it'll be nothing but grief and disrespect from here on out.

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaphyra the Righteous
Member # 6995

(I will miss KHJ so much that I am maintaining a sustained level of denial for awhile. The only solace is that the torch has passed to the right hand.

Aloha, and aloha.)

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you stick around, Kathryn. You've done a great job as our janitor. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
She won't be KathrynHPerson, for heaven's sake.

She'll be KathrynHBucket.

Because now ANYTHING that goes wrong on Hatrack, we can say, "That's because of the OLD janitor. But now, with our NEW janitor, everything will be GREAT."

OK, we won't do that, because everybody will know better. Anything wrong with Hatrack is <wince> my fault.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathryn, thanks for doing such a bootless task, with such a light touch. [Kiss]

And please post some as KathrynHPerson--I think we'd all like that.
quote:
But before I go, I'd like to thank all of you who joined in the excitement of sending me more moderator alerts today than I have ever had in one day.
[ROFL]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. Uncle Orson really is at the helm now.

Congratulations all around! [The Wave]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
"Uncle Orson is at the helm" ... ha ha. funny.

You DID know that the H in Kathy's name stands for her natal last name, Helms, right? So the joke was on purpose, right?

Yeah, it's funny. To me. Kind of. OK not very, but I noticed it, and I'm always proud when that happens.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

Sorry to see you go, Kathryn. Thank you for a job well done.

This is like the changing of an age around here.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
..but Kathryn was also so witty in her multiple warnings to Jebus! (I enjoyed it when he posted drunk, just so we could see how many times she could warn him in one thread).

We'll miss you!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Thamks for all your work, Kathryn.

And congrats, Pops!

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to know if I have ever been whistled... We should have statistics on this sort of thing!

[Wink]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathryn, we love you and hope you will stay as Kathryn H. Person. Please participate!

At the same time, I already said in the other thread that if I had to come up with names of people I thought would be good choices for moderators, Papa Moose would have been on the short list. I know he's going to do a fantastic job. [Smile]

Hooray for Papa Moose!

[The Wave]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathryn: [Kiss] Thanks for everything! Please please stay!

Pop, I'm so glad you're the new mod, you will do an amazing job. Well, you do an amazing job with everything. [Smile] Congrats!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
KHJ,

some five years ago we had an e-mail exchange that is, to me, one of the prouder moments of my life. I do hope you are sincere in your plans to at least lurk here.

*raises glass to Janitors old and new*

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Tell you what, Bok...I just reported your last post, just to make you feel better. OK? [Big Grin]

KHJ, thank you for all of your efforts on our behalf.

quote:
Anything wrong with Hatrack is <wince> my fault.
Hardly...you aren't around enough for anything to be your fault. Although you haev been getting better about that lately..... [Razz]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea, I guess I'll have to take it then, though I was hoping for it to be over an incident that was more sincere... Plus your whistle just went to Papa J. I wondering about "Back in the day".

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll miss you. But I think that our new moderator(s?) will be as great at this as they are at their real jobs. By which I mean, being a Dad. And writing. I suppose.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
"Uncle Orson is at the helm" ... ha ha. funny.

You DID know that the H in Kathy's name stands for her natal last name, Helms, right? So the joke was on purpose, right?

Yeah, it's funny. To me. Kind of. OK not very, but I noticed it, and I'm always proud when that happens.

Um . . . yes, of course. I totally knew that. My jokes are always fully intentional. *whistles innocently*
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kathryn for all your hard work [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
We all really appreciate your hard work here, and I'm sad to see you go. I hope you come back, though it would be cool if you still posed at Kathryn H Janitor.

I KNOW Moose is going to be an awesome moderator.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Fanfare for Pop?

I think we can manage that. [Big Grin]

Fanfare.
Fanfare!
Fanfare!

Kathy, thank you SO much for all your hard work. [Smile] I do hope you will remain in a civilian capacity. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all your hard work keeping this place clean, Kathryn. And congrats to Papa Moose, whom I trust to do an excellent job picking up after all of us.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
I resent the implication that some authority had any hand in controlling me. I am a rebellious teen and that's just the kind of thing that could make me go crazy and start breaking s***.

[ April 14, 2005, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: jebus202 ]

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Papa Moose a lot, he's a great guy. Yay for Papa Moose! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathryn, thank you for all your work.

Congratulations Janitor Pop!

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KathrynHPerson
Member # 7814

- posted      Profile for KathrynHPerson   Email KathrynHPerson         Edit/Delete Post 
Fanfare for Papa Moose, people. I didn't need fanfare for ME.

Nevertheless, it felt nice. I even liked the "Uncle Orson is at the helm" joke, which I knew from Jon Boy's own persona was a joke and not an inadvertent pun (which is the only way I ever make puns, by the way).

I now have the new name. However, I think it's the pits going from member #48 to going to member #(whatever I am now). Oh well, that's what happens when you go into civilian life -- you really are just an anonymous person.

KHK

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KathrynHPerson
Member # 7814

- posted      Profile for KathrynHPerson   Email KathrynHPerson         Edit/Delete Post 
7814? 7814???????

Sheesh.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Lookit the n00b!

[Laugh]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
7814? Hey everybody, look at the n00b! [Laugh]

[Wink]

Edit: Bah!

[ April 14, 2005, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, newbie. [Smile]

*hugs*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. This event is really ...big. Well, at least in our Hatrackian history. And Kathy Kidd is now a newbie! HA! I can't believe it. We'll miss you as our mod dearheart, you've been wonderful.

As for Moose *salutes* You'll be fantastic. Thanks for taking this on, I know it's a big job. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
**Burninates Kathryn H. Person**
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaphyra the Righteous
Member # 6995

It still has a "4" and an "8" in it.

*helpful
[Wink]

Glaphyra the Righteous
Member # 6995

(Yay! A ritual newbie burnination. *toasts marshmallows)
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
I just need to know, however, if Papa J. has received the sacred 'Switch of Death' from Kathryn?' And if so, why was I not invited to the ordination ceremony?
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
FANFARE, for Pete's Sake
Pete's got Sake? I'll have a bowl! [Big Grin]
Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Bye!!
Why are you leaving though?

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*gives welcome cookies to newbie*
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
:: Hugs the newbie :: [Big Grin]

we're sorry to see you go. I hope you'll vist a few of the fluff threads and have some fun. [Blushing]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
I even liked the "Uncle Orson is at the helm" joke, which I knew from Jon Boy's own persona was a joke and not an inadvertent pun.
I'm glad you think so. [Wink]

And did I just see Pat post?! [Eek!]

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Papa Moose! Congratulations!

And welcome to the ranks of the ordinary hatrackers, Kathryn.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
*Throws Confetti*
*Turns on Techno Music*

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just need to know, however, if Papa J. has received the sacred 'Switch of Death' from Kathryn?' And if so, why was I not invited to the ordination ceremony?
Gee, Pat, I was trying to figure out how to work in a "switch of death" crack and you went and spoiled it.

[Grumble] [Wink]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Papa Janitor! [Big Grin]

We better all behave now, otherwise it'll be timeouts and no treats for all of us. You should have heard some of the stories Superstation told me.

Thanks for doing a great job, Kathryn. [Wave] <- which is only farewelling the Janitor-ish aspect, I hope.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.