FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fun things to do on the internet

Author Topic: Fun things to do on the internet
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, besides being on Hatrack.

I need to kill time during work. (hey I'm actually aloud to be on the internet during work!)

And I can't use sound...

And please keep it clean. [Razz]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
aloud, but no sound?

tricky. [Wink]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish Homestarrunner had subtitles... *sigh* [Frown]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gossip
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for gossip           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.foon.co.uk/farcade/hapland/

Explosion sounds, so keep the sound down.

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
I need fun things too! It's finals week, but while I'm done studying for the evening, all of my friends are still occupied and I have to entertain myself. [Frown] [Mad]

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you a fanfic fan? If so, what fandom(s)?

I may be able to link you to some good fanfic, especially if you like Lois&Clark and/or Stargate.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Irish, I'm in the same position, so I'm making notes for a play I'm writing and listening to British radio shows. [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

I don't think so.. I'm not even sure what fanfic is...
*bows her head in shame*

rivka
Member # 4859

Fanfic
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Unsullied by fanfic! O.o Is't possible? [Wink]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
gossip:

I don't understand the game!!!

Maybe I'm just slow tonight, but I get how to make the things move. Then, I just mke them move again. HOw do I light those things???

This is driving me crazy!

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gossip
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for gossip           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Click things in the right order and things happen.

For starters, click the thing above the yellow arrow on the left, then click the yellow arrow.

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
search for The Eye of Argon by Jim Theis

hehehehehe

Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

hahaha I GET it!

is the point to make a bunch of stuff explode and kill abunch of guys? Cause that's what I seem to be doing!

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

OKay, I get the red blinky thig now. It kills the guy who comes out of the door. But how to neutralise it!!! I'll bet if I somehow get that white gloopy stuff down from below the window it will stop the pig running and save the ramdom little guy.

but how to do it?!?!?

Games like this drive me INSANE!!!

[ April 18, 2005, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Desdemona ]

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka- Do you know anything good in Harry Potter? Preferably novel lengths and not slash?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

If you don't mind Draco-Hermione lurve, I've got a few good ones [Blushing]
rivka
Member # 4859

blacwolve, I have a friend who does.

If Des doesn't find enough for you, let me know and I'll ask Annette.

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I may be able to link you to some good fanfic, especially if you like Lois&Clark and/or Stargate.
Good Stargate fanfic? Do tell.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonepowell
Member # 1600

- posted      Profile for jasonepowell   Email jasonepowell         Edit/Delete Post 
http://del.icio.us

Just browse around, looking at tags that interest you.

Posts: 1281 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Draco-Hermione is good. *grins*
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I've just never understood the allure of fanfic. Though once someone did link me to some awful Star Trek fanfic that had been gone over in MST3k style (not that I've ever seen MST3k, and in fact after laughing uproariously at the stuff I had to go and ask what it was). That wasn't bad.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, yes. Tell all about the stargate fanfic. [Smile] Only stuff I've ever found was slash, slash, and more slash.

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really think all that highly of fanfic, but The Draco Trilogy is really well-written. It has Harry/Hermione and Draco/Ginny, sort of Draco/Hermione, but not really. It's definitely novel-length.
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Good Stargate fanfic . . . where did I put that link . . . ? Hang on, I'll be back.

*digs*

rivka
Member # 4859

Good Stargate fanfic links here.
Desdemona
Member # 7100

This one's my favourite [Smile]

and THAT GAME is driving me CRAZY!!

[Mad]

[ April 19, 2005, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Desdemona ]

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Fanfic? I dunno.. I never like reading non-cannon stories. I'm always afraid I won't be able to keep it seperate from the main story line. Plus continuity is tossed out the window...

My suggestion is Web comics. There's a lot of awful ones out there but there's also a lot of good ones. If you pick one of a significant age you can kill a week just reading the archives.

Here's a good place to start: http://www.keenspot.com/

But we had a web comic thread a little while ago where people posted their favorites... here it is: http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=033280

I've gotten so addicted to web comics I'm learning to draw (and progressing so slowly I long for the sweet sweet taste of gun oil.)

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I try to avoid recommending Keenspot to anyone, since it's basically the devil's own webcomic service. [Smile] I was glad to see Schlock Mercenary head to Google adware last week.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you have against keenspot, Tom? I'm genuinely curious.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

[Smile] i beat the game! and then found another like it...
Teshi
Member # 5024

quote:
Wow. I've just never understood the allure of fanfic.
I understand why people like it... I just detest it. But I don't want to rain the the present parade of fanfic in this thread so I'll leave [Smile] .
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
I get my jollies making up fake wikipedia entries.
Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.